VVF Villages L Etang de Hasselfurth Bitche

Despegar.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Bitche

Graves of some of those men lie next to the fortGraves of some of those men lie next to the fort

Observer cupola Block 2 showing war damageObserver cupola Block 2 showing war damage

Plan of the ouverage at Four-a-ChauxPlan of the ouverage at Four-a-Chaux

Machine gun turret faces northwards, Fort CassoMachine gun turret faces northwards, Fort Casso

1945 liberaton flag

by RoseShelley

What is the name of the museum in ***e, France where the flag, held by Captain Thomas Garahan is kept?

Re: 1945 liberaton flag

by ATLC

hmm, I didn't really find this one.
Maybe you can try at the suggested museums of the tourist office website (nice website, by the way!): http://www.pays-de-***e.com/index_flash.htm (English version available).

I only remember having 2 very good meals in B!tche !

Re: 1945 liberaton flag

by cochize

have you thought ckecking with the American Legion in Paris "parispost1"
cochize

Travel Tips for Bitche

Here she is...recharging her evil powers...

by CrtnShdofGrn

"Are we sure she's not French? :-)"

I have heard about this place for many years and never visited until recently. When I moved back to Germany I realized just how close I lived to this town and had to check it out. The citadel here is quite grand, but unfortunately is not open at this time of the year. So, I will have to visit again in the spring or summer when it's possible to check out the inside. It seems massive on the outside and I am sure there are many interesting surprises inside. Maybe a good site for a mini-VT meeting? Hmmm...

Comments