Alerion Hotel Metz

20, rue Gambetta, Metz, Lorraine, 57000, France

Alerion Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Hotel near the train station

I was originally going to stay on the outskirts of Metz since we were using it as a base to see Nancy and Verdun but I was a little put off by the photos of the Ibis Budget's bedspreads, anything that looked that old probably was a little disgusting. So I decided to book the Alerion for 3 nights in September 2013 since it was reasonably priced and close to the train station so I figured it would be relatively easy to find as we could follow the signs for the Gare if we got lost. It wasn't right in the center but it was close enough to walk, 15-20 minutes to most things. I booked a cancellable rate on booking.com for 58.50€ per night plus .85€ city tax per person that is added on.

Unique Quality: This hotel is perfectly located if coming in by train, it's a 2 minute walk from the train station. We drove in, there's a garage across the street, Urbispark in the Place du General de Gaulle, that gives discount parking of 8€ per night to hotel guests (13€ without it overnight), you just need to get a voucher from the hotel. You can also park for free on the street after certain hours but we never saw a spot available when we arrived back. Not good for late night arrivals, it appears that the front desk closes at 11pm.

I followed instructions I had printed out on via Michelin to get to the hotel, the only tricky part is that rue Gambetta is not exactly a straight street and the sign is way up on the building. If you find the train station the Alerion is directly across from it and also across the street from a parking garage. Access is easier from A31 from Nancy or Metz than it was from A4/E25 coming from Strasbourg

The room was fine, reasonably large for France. We reserved a double but we may have gotten a twin as it was two beds pushed together. The hotel has free wifi. Double glazed windows cut the noise from the street.

The shower was fine, there was a hair dryer in the bathroom. There were little packets of shampoo and bar soap.

Breakfast is extra so we passed on it.

Directions: Across from the train station (Gare)

Comments