Auberge Les Myrtilles

Col des Marrous, Le Bosc, Foix, 09000, France
Auberge Les Myrtilles
Enter dates for best prices
Compare best prices from top travel partners
Booking.com Priceline.com

71%

Satisfaction Average
Excellent
57%
4
Very Good
0%
0
Average
14%
1
Poor
28%
2
Terrible
0%
0

N/A

Value Score No Data

Show Prices

Good For Business
  • Families92
  • Couples77
  • Solo100
  • Business100

More about Foix

Photos

The three towersThe three towers

" A Modern Lamplighter"" A Modern Lamplighter"

The round TowerThe round Tower

Chateau, Church & Old Town from across the river.Chateau, Church & Old Town from across the river.

Travel Tips for Foix

The Castel of Gaston Phoebus

by Klod5

La ville est surplombée par le château comtal, situé sur une plate-forme rocheuse.

De géométrie élancée, il présente deux donjon de forme carrée et reliés l'un avec l'autre par deux courtines. L'ensemble est entouré d'une enceinte dont la pointe sud est composée d'un autre donjon de base circulaire (datant du début du XVe siècle).

Ce dernier abritait la chapelle (au rez-de-chaussée) et domine l'accès à la citedelle.

Sans doute fondé vers 799, Foix est d'abord un monastère. Habité en premier lieu par des bénédictains, puis par des chanoines de saint Augustin (XIIe siècle).

Le comté est créé au début du XIe siècle lorsque que le comte Roger de Carcassonne divise ses terres pour donner Foix à son fils cadet Bernard-Roger. Ses successeurs règnèrent sur Foix jusqu'à la fin du XIVe siècle. La ville se développe autour du monastère, en parallèle du rayonnement des comtes de Foix.
The city is overhung by the castle comtal, situated on a rocky platform.

Of slim geometry, it presents two dungeon of shape square and bound one with the other by two courtines. The whole is surrounded with a surrounding wall whose tip south is composed of another circular basis dungeon (dating the beginning of the XVth century).

This last sheltered the chapel (to the ground floor) and dominate the access at the citadel.

Probably found toward 799, Foix is first a monastery. Inhabited in the first place by benedictains, then by canons of Saint-Augustin (XIIth century).

The county is created in the beginning of the XIth century when that count Roger of Carcassonne divides his earths to give Foix to his son cadet Bernard-Roger. His successors reigned on Foix until the end of the XIVth century. The city develops itself around the monastery, in parallel of the radiance of the counts of Foix.

Poebus, comte de foix

by Klod5

Foix sera le le siège de nombreux arbitrage durant la guerre de Cent Ans, du fait de la position de premiers territoires français du midi.

Parmi les comtes de Foix, Gaston Phébus (écrit souvent Phoebus, 1331-1391), ainsi surnommé du fait de son goût pour les belles lettres et sa chevelure blonde rayonnera par sa réputation flatteuse dans le midi. Bon chevalier, grand chasseur, il fut le type du grand seigneur du XIVe siècle. Cependant, son comportement en privé aura pour conséquence la mort de son fils unique, qu'il tue lui-même par un excès de colère en 1382 ...
Foix will be the the seat many arbitration during the war of Hundred Years, because of the position of first French territories of the noon.

Among the counts of Foix, Gaston Phebus (writes Phoebus often, 1331-1391), nicknamed thus because of his taste for the beautiful letters and his blond hair will radiate by its flattering reputation in the noon. Good knight, big hunter, he was the type of the big Lord of the XIVth century. However, his behavior deprived some will have for consequence the death of his unique son, that it kills himself by an excess of anger in 1382...

Foix, une histoire de plus de 15 000 ans…

by Klod5

C’est dans les grottes du Roc de Foix que l’on a retrouvé les premières traces de présence humaine, celles-ci datant de la préhistoire.
Bien plus tard, il semble que les romains aient construit un fort sur le piton rocheux.
Puis autour de l’Abbaye Saint–Volusien connue dès 849 et du château élevé avant l’an mil, une vie urbaine se développe au XIIe siècle.

Ville agricole, artisanale (métallurgie et textile), et centre de marchés, Foix connaît sont apogée économique au XIVe siècle avant de décliner lentement. Plus attachée à la défense de son particularisme qu’aux initiatives économique, elle doit surtout son prestige à son rôle de capitale comtale, toujours conservé, de siège des Etats de Foix et de Gouverneur du Pays de Foix.

C’est cet héritage glorieux qui lui permet d’être choisie comme chef-lieu du nouveaux département de l’Ariège en 1790.
It is in the underground cave of the Rock of Foix that one recovered the first traces of human presence, these dating of the prehistory.
Well later, it seems that the Roman constructed a strong on the rocky peg.
Then around the abbey known Saint–Volusien since 849 and the castle raised before the year thousand, an urban life develops itself in the XIIth century.

Agricultural, artisanal city (metallurgy and textile), and center of markets, Foix knows are economic apogee in the XIVth century before declining slowly. More attached to the defense of its particularism that to the economic initiatives, it especially owes its prestige to its role of capital comtal, always preserved, of seat of the States of Foix and Governor of the Country of Foix.

It is this glorious inheritance that allows him to be chosen like county seat of the new department of Ariège in 1790.

Old treets

by Klod5


La place du Mercadal-Dutilh
Site du marché à l'époque médiévale et moderne où se trouve encore 2 belles maisons à pans de bois, un bassin avec fontaine (site inscrit).

La place du 8 mai 45
Portail de Sainte-Geneviève, belle maison bourgeoise du XVIIIème siècle (site inscrit) qui est devenue une école religieuse vers la fin du XIXème.

Rue Labistour et La Faurie
Deux anciennes maisons à pans de bois se trouvent aux N°36 & 37 de la rue Labistour, et en continuant au N°23 de la rue La Faurie, une belle couronne comtale sculptée orne le coté de la Porte (site inscrit).

La place de Labistour
Au croisement de 3 rues, on découvre la charmante "fontaine de l'Oie" en fonte, en forme de cygne. La tour de Labistour (en occitan, fausse tours ou bastion) qui s'élevait à cet emplacement fut l'ultime vestige de l'enceinte du XIIème siècle; rasée en 1805, la tour supportait depuis 1425 l'horloge de la ville.

Rue des Marchands
La rue de Montelha est au Moyen-age une des plus riche de Foix. A proximité de Saint-Volusien et de la place du Marché, elle abrite le pouvoir communal et provincial avec l'Hôtel de Ville, la cour de Justice Consulaire et les États du Comté de Foix. Là chaque année, s'assemble les 110 représentants du clergé, de la noblesse et des villes et villages pour délibérer des affaires du pays. C'est grâce à ses États que le pays de Foix à pu conserver son identité à travers les siècles.
The place of the Mercadal-Dutilh
Site of the market at the time medieval and modern where is 2 beautiful houses again to flaps of wood, a basin with fountain (site writes down).

The place of May 8, 1945
Portal of Saint-Genevieve, beautiful bourgeois house of the XVIIIth century (site writes down) that became a religious school toward the end of the XIXth.

Rue Labistour and The Faurie
Two former houses to flaps of wood are in the N°36 & 37 of the Rue Labistour, and while continuing in the N°23 of the Rue La Faurie, a beautiful crown comtale sculpted flowering ash quoted it of the Door (site writes down).

The place of Labistour
To the crossing of 3 streets, one discovers the charming "fountain of the goose" in melting, in the shape of swan. The tower of Labistour (in occitan, distort towers or bastion) that rose to this site was the ultimate vestige of the surrounding wall of the XIIth century; shaven in 1805, the tower supported since 1425 the clock of the city.

Rue des Marchands
The Rue de Montelha is in the Moyen-age one of the richest of Foix. Close to Saint-Volusien and the place of the Market, it shelters the local and provincial power with the city hall, the Consular judicial court and the Etats du Comte de Foix. There each year, assemble the 110 representatives of the clergy, the nobility and cities and villages to deliberate business of the country. It is thanks to its Etats that the country of Foix to can preserve its identity through the centuries.

In the streets again...

by Klod5

Rue du Rival
Classée monument historique en 1926, la porte du N°37 de la rue date de 1617.

Rue de la Préfecture
La rue est agrémentée d'une belle maison avec caryatides. L'abbaye de l'ancien monastère de Saint-Volusien (XVIIIème siècle) est décrétée bien national en 1790, puis acquise par le département qui en fait le siège de son administration puis de la préfecture.

Le square de l'Arget
Décoré d'une fontaine de pierre taillée (grès) du XVIIIéme siècle (site inscrit), le square offre un lieu de détente tout à fait agréable.

Rue du Palais de Justice
Cette rue se situe à l'emplacement du premier noyau urbain de la ville entre le Xème et le XIIème siècle. C'est la que s'élevait Saint-Nazaire l'église primitive de Foix. En 1933, trois sarcophages du Haut Moyen Age sont découverts: ils sont les vestiges du premier cimetière de la ville. En haut de la rue, au pied des escaliers menant au château se trouve une jolie fontaine du XVIIIème avec son bassin-abreuvoir. A l'entrée de la rue de l'Arget, deux tours médiévales témoignent du temps passé.

Rue des Chapeliers
Au numéro 23 se trouvait l'Hôtel de Séré-Tréville; la famille comptait parmi ses ancêtres le célèbre capitaine des Mousquetaires sous Louis XIII, amis de d'Artagnan et ancien gouverneur du comte de Foix (XVIIème siècle)

Rue des Grands-ducs & Roc de Foix
Les nombreuses grottes percées dans le roc du château ont servi d'abri dès la Préhistoire. Éclats de silex, sagaies, perçoirs... témoignent d'une lointaine présence humaine à Foix ( de 1800 à 1500 avant notre ère).
Pendant la seconde guerre mondiale, ces grottes ont servi de cachettes et elles ont été habitées jusqu'a une date récente. Adaptée au relief la rue des Grands-ducs (du nom des oiseaux occupant les fissures du rocher) est un des rares vestige du premier village médiéval, installé au pied du château avec ses ruelles étroites en escalier enjambées par des "pontils" (passage aériens).
Rue du Rival
Classified historic monument in 1926, the door of the N°37 of the street dates 1617.

Rue de la Prefecture
The street is ornamented of a beautiful house with caryatides. The abbey of the former monastery of Saint-Volusien (XVIIIth century) is enacted national well in 1790, then acquired by the department that makes the seat of its administration of it then of the prefecture.

The square of the Arget
Decorated of a built stone fountain (sandstone) of the XVIIIth century, the square quite offers a place of détente pleasant.

Rue du Palais of Justice
This street is located at the site of the first urban core of the city between the Xth and the XIIth century. It is the that rose Saint-Nazaire the church primitive of Foix. In 1933, three sarcophaguses of the Aged Middle Top are discovered : they are the vestiges of the first cemetery of the city. In top of the street, to the foot of stairs leading to the castle is a pretty fountain of the XVIIIth with its basin-trough. To the entry of the Street of the Arget, two medieval towers testify of the past time.

Street of the Hat
To the number 23 the hotel of Sere-Treville was ; the family counted among her forebears the famous captain of the Musketeers under Louis XIII, friends of Artagnan and former governor of the count of Foix (XVIIth century)

Rue des Grands-ducs & Roc de Foix
The numerous underground cave pierced in the rock of the castle acted as shelter since the Prehistory. Bursts of flint, assagais, awls... testify a faraway human presence to Foix (of 1800 to 1500 before our era).
During World War II, these underground cave served hiding places and they have been lived until has a recent date. Adapted to the relief the Rue des Grands-ducs (of thebird's name occupying the cracks on rock) is one of the rare vestige of the first medieval village, installed to the foot of the castle with its narrow alleys in staircase strides by "pontils " (passage aerial).

Comments

Popular Hotels in Foix

Auberge Les Myrtilles

Col des Marrous, Le Bosc, Foix

Show Prices
Show Prices

Comfort Hotel Du Lac

1 Review

RN 20 - Labarre, Foix

Show Prices

Campanile Hotel Foix

1 Review

Rn 20 Lieu Dit Le Couloumier, Foix

View all Foix hotels

View all Foix hotels

Latest Foix hotel reviews

Comfort Hotel Du Lac
26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 24, 2014
Campanile Hotel Foix
1 Review & Opinion