Hotel Peyramale

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Lourdes

The Shrine todayThe Shrine today

tour company to Lourdes Regina? 206 ? others?

by Citycyclegal

I want to accompany someone in their 50's to Lourdes. He had made plans and now is frightened to go alone so has cancelled them because of his health, but the doctor says he can go if care is taken. I found 2 companies that do short trips of 5 days, Regina tours and 206. Has anybody used one of these tour company packages, or do you have another recommendation? It would be great to be accompanied by a priest but that is not essential. I'd like to be able to rent a wheelchair if he were to become tired, so is that a possibility? I really want to make this happen for him if possible, as I know how important it was for my best friend to travel to a special place the summer before she passed away.Any suggestions or help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

by cordmerc

My husband and I went to Lourdes a few years ago. It was really a memorable trip. We went on our own without a tour group. I wouldn't suggest it however, if your friend is in poor health.We never used Regina tours but we've only heard good things about it.I saw on the internet that if your an AARP member you recieve a $50.00 discount with Regina for a tour of $2500.00 or less and $100.00 for a tour of $2501.00. If Regina doesn't rent wheel chairs you may try a medical supply store. Sorry I can't help you more.I hope you are able to make it to Lourdes.God bless.

by Beausoleil

You might check the Official Lourdes web site. For instance I got the following there: "The Baths of the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes are marble bathing pools where pilgrims are immersed as they respond to the request of Our Lady to Bernadette: “Go drink of the spring and wash yourself there”. Going through the Baths at Lourdes is a human and spiritual experience carried out by pilgrims who wish to renew their Baptismal Commitment. The water for the Baths is provided by the spring of the Grotto."

"There is free access to the Baths; there is no need to make a reservation. Pilgrims do not need to bring anything with them. All that is required is provided on the spot to preserve a person’s modesty and dignity. Pilgrims are advised to arrive about an hour before the opening times."

"Opening Times:
April to October: weekdays: 9.00am to 11.00am and 2.30pm to 4.00pm - Sundays and Holidays: 2.00pm to 4.00pm.
November to March: Weekdays: 10.00am to 11.00am and 3.00pm to 4.00pm - Sundays and Holidays: 2.30pm to 4.00pm."

The web site is http://www.lourdes-france.com/index.php?texte=1&langage=en

Their older web site was more helpful but you can contact them with this one. Find the "Contact Us" button for an e-mail form. I can only assume wheelchairs are easily available because you will see a long line of them crossing the courtyard and headed to the baths and the spring. They are accompanied by volunteers in uniform. It's a very touching sight.

I wish you luck.

by RosLondon

Wheelchairs can be borrowed from the Accueil Marie Saint Frai in rue Bernadette Soubirous during the main Pilgrimage season (Easter - October). You will need to leave a deposit of 30Euros which is refunded when the wheelchair is returned (although a donation would be appreciated). The opening hours for borrowing wheelchairs are 8-12 a.m. and 2-6.30 p.m. every day.

Comments