Hotel Roissy Lourdes

More about Lourdes

Very Busy PlaceVery Busy Place

Nightlife

by kaisersose

Is There Any Clubs or Late Bars in Lourdes or Is it all Religion There.
Going There For a Weekend, And Would Like Something to Do At Night As Well

by Maryimelda

There are plenty of restaurants in Lourdes that stay open late. They do a roaring trade every night after the Candle Light Procession. I don't recall ever having seen any nightclubs as such. It is mostly a town for pilgrims to the shrine and the sanctuary. Great little place if you are a devout Catholic, but not the sort of place you'd go for a wild singles weekend.

by poppy191

i disagree!! where are you from? i go each year with the dublin pilgrimage and you wouldnt believe the nightlife! 7th-12th september every year. go to cafe Au Roi Albert, just on the main bridge over the river Alma, not sure if its as lively any other time of the year but that week you wouldnt want to be anywhere else! also we found a 24 hour bar last year, a bit away from the sanctuary, up quite a steep hill on the way to the old town!

by Maryimelda

Not really what you'd call a lot of nightlife - 1 24hr bar and a place that fires up for 5 days a year. Don't get me wrong I have no complaints, I'm not looking for nightlife. I'm an oldie who goes to Lourdes regularly for the spiritual experience, which of course, doesn't appeal to people who are not into spirituality. On my first trip we went for dinner to a cafe after the Procession one night and ended up staying for hours because a group of young volunteers came in and one produced a guitar and everyone started singing and the crowd got bigger and bigger and we were thoroughly delighted even though we were the oldest people in the place. Lourdes is one of my very favourite places but having said that, I can fully understand why some people think I'm weird for liking it as much as I do.

by Maryimelda

Just as a matter of interest - why do you ask where I am from? What does that have to do with the nightlife in Lourdes? Just curious that's all. If you go to my homepage you will find out all you wish to know about me and I look forward to learning all about you when you get round to filling in your details on your homepage. I assume that you are from Ireland, which is another place I visit very regularly, so I look forward to reading your story. Welcome to VT.

Travel Tips for Lourdes

From Both Sides

by Maryimelda

The Candle Light Procession at Lourdes. It must be seen twice to be seen properly. The first night you walk in the procession with all the Pilgrims from church parishes all over the world. the second night, you go up on top of the ramp to the top level and watch the procession from there. It is a spectacular and most remarkable event to witness. The peace I feel wandering around the Sanctuary and Grotto at Massabielle

Comments