Maison de la Belle Paule
Au 16 de la rue du Languedoc, l'hôtel de Rabaudy de Paucy (fin du XVI° siècle) est plus connu sous le nom de "Maison de la Belle Paule". La façade, postérieure à 1695, est de brique, les appuis des portails et des fenêtres sont, eux, de brique et de pierre alternées. Le petit portail de gauche est surmonté d'un oculus orné d'une couronne à motif végétal.
To the 16 of the Rue du Languedoc, the hotel of Rabaudy de Paucy (end of the XVI° century) is more known as "House of the Beautiful Paule". The facade, posterior to 1695, is of brick, the supports of the portals and windows are, them, of brick and stone alternated. The small portal of left is surmounted of an oculus decorated of one crown to plant motive. Paule de Viguier, née en 1518, fut choisie par les Capitouls pour remettre, en 1533, les clefs de la ville au roi François 1er qui, subjugué par sa beauté la surnomma "La Belle Paule". Enterrée dans le tombeau des Lancefoc aux Augustins en 1607, elle a été mise au nombre des quatre merveilles toulousaines par le distique de Rougier.
Les capitouls durent prendre un dit, l'obligeant à paraître deux fois par jour à sa fenêtre, afin d'éviter les émeutes.
Paule de Viguier, born in 1518, was chosen by the Capitouls to put back, in 1533, the keys of the city to king François 1st that, captivated by his beauty nicknamed he "The Beautiful Paule". Buried in the tomb of the Lancefoc in the Augustins in 1607, she has been put to the number of the four toulousian's marvels by the couplet of Rougier.
The capitouls lasts to take a says, the accommodating to appear two times per day in his window, in order to avoid the riots.
Les repas de quartier
L'objectif est simple : faire se rencontrer des gens de tous horizons sur le critère du voisinage avec comme seule ambition leur rassemblement, sans aucun préjugé sur la teneur des discussions, sans mot d'ordre.
Chacun amène un plat à partager, discute et rencontre des gens. On pourrait même affirmer que c'est pour cette raison le seul lieu d'apprentissage de l'esprit d'ouverture qui efface toutes les différences (âges, origine, classe sociale).
The objective is simple: to make meet of people of all horizons on the criteria of the neighborhood with as only ambition their gathering, without no prejudice on the content of the discussions, without word of order.
Each brings a dish to share, discuss and meeting of people. One could even affirm that it is for this reason the only place of training of the opening mind that erases all differences (ages, origin, social class).
Feast at the Hotel Dieu
If it's offer when you're around, jump on the opportunity! It's not a year round attraction, but they do it sometimes. So inside this beautifull old building, they can present you a intimate concert and sit you at a magnificient table in the hall for a royal feast. Nice dress or suit
Le Donjon du Capitol
This Building connected by two Henri IV Gates In the courtyard of Capitole.
In 1525, the sheriffs decide to build a new tower on the site of an ancient tower of defense to keep the archives of the city. this place is destined to this use until 1946.
In early 19th century, the tower was restored by Viollet-le-Duc, who restored turrets and gave him the appearance of the belfry. Since 1946, the tourist office is in the Donjon install.
The "Incomplete" Cathedral (1)
In 1080, while he was building St. Sernin, the Archbishop of Toulouse started on a Cathedral in which to hold Mass for his flock. St.-Etienne was built on the ruins of a previous church starting at the west end. It struggled and in 1211 its piers were removed and a new approach instituted (1218) as befitted the experimentation of the early Gothic period: an aisless nave, 19m wide and high, the widest in Europe at the time! This was achieved using the new light vaulting technics that were appearing.It was complete to the transepts by 1235. This method would be used in other Toulouse churches. In 1272 anothe Bishop cleared the ground beyond for a choir. It was twice the size of the nave (5 bays, an ambulatory and radiaiting chapels and a wooden roof ). Incomplete, due to lack of funds, the roof burned stimulating rebuilding. This led to vaulting , with heavy buttresses and hooking the two structures together by a transept.(relegating the common folk to the nave), with a fine entrance on the North side of the transept. To that door’s west is the military-looking 16C belfry (which now also boasts a 22-bell carillon). Beyond through the gate on the North, the large square of the church occupies much of the grounds where the removed ancillary monastery buildings once stood. Renovation, addition and misalignment seem to be the main themes of the Cathedral. Even the 13C Rose (originally in imitation of Notre Dame de Paris but later changed) is misaligned with the 15C west front door.