Hotel Bristol

More about Calais

Floral peacockFloral peacock

CALAISCALAIS

CALAISCALAIS

after a long walk!after a long walk!

Bank

by Lutefisk8

Hi, I will be in Calais be in Calais soon and need to bank some cash. I have an account in France with the Banque de Lyonnaise near Grenoble and wish to deposit cash in the account whilst in Calais. Does anyone know a bank that is easy to find with easy access and parking who will not charge for me to deposit the funds? I am likely to visit the Cite Europe in Cocquelle. Thanks, Vince

RE: Bank

by qaminari

There isn't a bank called "Banque de Lyonnaise", I think you must mean CIC Lyonnaise de Banque, it might show branches on http://www.lyonnaisedebanque.fr/ or you could phone their head office in Lyon on 0820 01 01 02. For a list of banks in Calais, see http://portail.europale.com/calaisbanques.htm
I would advise you to ask your own bank whether it has any links with one that has a branch in Calais. Otherwise, I don't think it is even possible to deposit funds with a different bank for transmission to your own, certainly not without being charged for it.

RE: RE: Bank

by Lutefisk8

Thanks Lyn, I'll check out the links and contacts you gave me. Vince

Travel Tips for Calais

The beach

by grets

Fronting the town of Calais is a very nice, wide sandy beach. We went in winter, and the only ones to enjoy the sand were the seagulls. I'm sure however, that the beach would be very crowded on a sunny summer's day.

CALAIS - THE TOWN WHERE I LIVE

by CommandantBOD

"CALAIS"

To get some information in French about my town, please go onto my website http://athina.free.fr

CALAIS is the "DOOR TO ENGLAND" as it is just 40 Kms of salted water away ;-) This is also the town of the famous TUNNEL between FRANCE and ENGLAND. The town is the 1st tourist port in FRANCE.

Comments