Nord-Pas-de-Calais Hotels

Our Members Say

• Helga67 profile photo Helga67
  • Reviews: 2612

La Chartreuse du Val St-Esprit: Sleeping in a former convent

We had an unforgettable stay in this 4 * hotel. It was founded in the 14th century and used as a friar's convent. The building has retained its character and elegance and gives you a wonderful and relaxing feeling.

The hotel has 67 large bedrooms, tastefully decorated with warm colours. The bedrooms provide the greatest comfort: bathroom, telephone, mini bar, television with satellite channels and Canal +.

The bathroom has a separate bath, shower and toilet and is spacious and beautifully decorated with marble and lovely tiles.

There are 2 restaurants on the premises of the hotel: Le Vasco and Le Distillerie. You can find them in the renewed buildings of the former "ferme des Chartreux". The restaurants are regional cuisine, made with local products on the traditional way.

The hotel has a nice small park.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written May 17, 2007

La Chartreuse du Val St-Esprit

• Helga67 profile photo Helga67
  • Reviews: 2612

Le Relais des étangs

We enjoyed our stay in this chambre d'hôtes (b & b). It is situated just outside of Montreuil in the next village of Brimeux in the region of the "7 vallées". It's a lovely mansion with a big garden and a friendly hostess. There are 3 rooms with ensuite bathroom, all at the back of the house overlooking the garden. Breakfast is served in the patio with view of the garden and consists of juice, coffee or tea, french bread, cheese, jam and fruit.

You can check in from 5 p.m. We paid 52 EUR (low season). They don't accept creditcards.
There is ample place for your car on their property.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written May 8, 2007

Le relais des ��tangs

• smirnofforiginal profile photo smirnofforiginal
  • Reviews: 965

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Residence du Golf: Bon prix!

Having stayed in the good, the bad and the ugly our last stop was...a 2 star hotel in Clais. I was absolutely dreading it.

Surprise - it was all right you know. Cleaner and nicer than some of the 3/4 stars we had paid for!

It's located right opposite the beach (which is lovely and sandy) and about a 5 minute drive from the ferries. So all in all rather convenient.

There is easy parking.

The staff - well I sat staff, I mean the man on the front desk, was polite, friendly and VERY helpful.

Our family room had bunk beds for the kids and a kitchenette.

It wasn't Dez Rez but it was superior to my expectations (and the older I get the less I like to slum it if I don't have to!).

I would recommend this hotel and I would stay in it again.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel
  • Written April 25, 2007

• Maidstoneman profile photo Maidstoneman
  • Reviews: 121

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Chartreuse du Val St-Esprit: Over-rated.

Really had high hopes of this one but wouldn`t go back to stay. The staff were not at all friendly and if our room was a superior I`d like to see a standard! It was very small and dark and in a wing, not the main building. After much messing about we ended up paying extra for a much larger (and very nice) room in the main block staying in what we would have classed as a superior room, but whiuch they call `luxury`. The attitude of the staff was very poor and really clouded our whole stay.

The main building is lovely and the food fantastic. I would certainly recommend eating in the main restaurant, and might return for that, but not to stay.

The hotel is very close to the dual carriageway and we could easily hear it from our room at the rear.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Food and Dining, Castles and Palaces
  • Written November 12, 2005

Rear of the Chateau

• ATLC profile photo ATLC
  • Reviews: 3829

Hotel Meurice: Hotel Meurice

I had dinner in this hotel and didn't stay here. The lobby however looked really nice. Very french, quite opulent and old fashioned. The bar looked enjoyable too.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written June 7, 2005

CALAIS

• ATLC profile photo ATLC
  • Reviews: 3829

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Le George V: Le George V

Sympathetic hotel in the main street of Calais with private parking. You do need good legs because after the elevator ride we still had to haul our luggage up some narrow stairs. Room was fine, good bathroom, maybe everything a bit small but more than sufficient. Coffee/teamaking facilities in the room.
€ 72 for a double room.

CALAIS

• Pod profile photo Pod
  • Reviews: 297

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cottage Hotel Calais.: Calais frendliest hotel.

The hotel has an easy going atmosphear, they are very helpful and i would deffinatly use again if they would have me back.

There is a bar and a large restraunt and it is situated out of town and away from the port so very peaceful.

• Opinion of Price: about average