13, Place de la Gare, Lille, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, 59000, France
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Lille

St Pancras InternationalSt Pancras International

View from outsideView from outside

EurostarEurostar

Palette de DeguatationPalette de Deguatation

Palais des Beaux Arts

by hawkhead

Is there a cafe within the Palais? Or if one wants a cup of something, does this mean finding somewhere outside of the building? It's a big place, so it would be nice if there was somewhere within.

by zuriga

Yes, we were there a few years ago... very nice museum. Not too far away there are also some good bakeries... I remember a Paul's - just like in London. :-)

by hawkhead

Thank you very much, both of you. The cafe information wasn't on the English translation side, as far as I could see! Glad to know I'll be able to have a sit down and a cuppa! You, Pedmar, gave me some restaurant suggestions a few weeks ago - not long until I can try them out!

Many thanks, again

Travel Tips for Lille

Lille Tip

by wanderlust23

My favorite memory of Lille was all the walks that I would take around the city's parks, places, and squares. I loved the Place du General-de-Gaulle and the Place de Rihours the best. These are the squared right in the heart of the city, the ones you come across just after leaving the train station. They are breathtaking and full of interesting architecture!
Check out the photo of the befroi seen from the Grande Place in front of the station.

pedestrian streets

by Mahieu

I was amazed how much shopping you could do in such a rather small city. Not far from the market square, in the pedestrian area, you can find the most common shops like H&M, C&A, Eram, ... When I was there, there were still discounts, which were already over in Belgium, great! ;-)
I really liked the Disney Store and felt I was going back to my youth over there :-)

More street food

by Dabs about All over Lille!

In addition to our stop for moules et frites, we also tried some of the food being prepared by the street vendors and it turned out to be some of the best food we ate on this trip.

First, we tried a chicken kebab, a bargain at 4E for a pita stuffed full of chicken, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and your choice of sauce. It was delicious!

Then we found a crepe stand that had both bananas and nutella, we saw quite a few burning their crepes, but this one was perfect.

That was it for us but there were plenty of other options, waffles, cotton candy, churros and frites to name a few. You will not go hungry here!

Grand place

by benidormone

The Grand place of Lille is in the heart of the old city center.It's great to spend some time;watching people;have a look at the historical buildings.From here you have easy acces to all parts of the city.

Place du Theatre

by sue_stone

Place du Theatre is located just off the Grand' Place, at the end of rue Faidherve.

It is home to some fabulous buildings and shops, including a very out of place asian tea room!

The impressive buildings here are the Opera House and the Chamber of Commerce, with its impressive 76m Belfry.

A great square for a photo - especially when the sky is blue!

Comments