2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Booking.com Hotels.com AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Good value accommodation in Lille

Cheap accommodation is difficult to find in Lille, especially in the centre, so we were pleased with the deal we got at Hotel Lille Europe, a two star Ibis-style hotel, located in the vast Euralille shopping centre. The normal rate (as of Jun 2007) is 72 Euros for a double but we found a special offer of 50 Euros per night on the Lille tourist office website.

The hotel is very popular with Eurostar visitors as it’s close to the station and in an excellent location in the centre of the city. Our room was on the 5th floor and it overlooked the back of the Euralille centre - not the most inspiring view. However, the room was nice and we had a large en-suite room with TV. The staff were friendly and let us store our bags all day long on Sunday after we checked out. Breakfast wasn’t included in the deal though there was a breakfast served on the first floor. We skipped this in favour of one of the many local cafes on Place de la Gare.

Directions: Euralille Shopping Centre

• Modern and comfortable

An ideal base for exploring Lille. It is really close to both the heart of Old Lille and the Europe Lille Eurostar station.
    The hotel is fairly standard with en-suite bathroom and TV. The view from our room wasn't too exciting, the roof of the shopping centre next door. If you are a fan of big modern architecture there are some interesting buildings around including the hotel.
    It would be a good place to stay for a shopping trip.

Unique Quality: Buffet breakfast was pretty good and if Eurostarring it's a great location.

Directions: If you arrive from London on the train the hotel is in the direction of the city centre which is on the right looking out of the train.

• Renescheffer's Profile Photo

Near the Stations

It is 10 yrs old.
    From the room you have a nice view over the modern square and people walking from gare Lille Flandres to Lille/TGV.
    There is nothing wrong with this hotel.
    You can take advantage of the offer "one night pay and two night stay" at weekends. Info at:

Unique Quality: Great views, modern and near two train stations.

More about Hotel Lille Europe

Euralille Shopping Centre

by grayfo about Various

Euralille is a one of France's largest and best indoor shopping centres, designed by the world famous architect Rem Koolhaas. Eurlaille opened in 1994 and contains over 140 shops, including a large supermarket, restaurants and a hotel, Hotel Lille Europe.

June 2010

Euralille

by barryg23

Euralille is a huge, modern shopping centre on Avenue Corbusier between the Eurostar station and the older Gare Lille-Flandres. Our hotel was almost part of the shopping centre so we couldn’t avoid it. In fairness, it proved to be a useful place to shop for wine and small items we needed for the weekend. However, it's far from beautiful and something of an eyesore in contrast to the beautiful architecture in the centre of the city.

Eurlaille opened in 1994 and contains over 140 shops, including a large supermarket, a hotel, Hotel Lille Europe and a large garden )or more accurately open space), Parvis Francois Mitterand, which looked very popular with skateboarders and rollerbladers.

Lille EuropeLille Europe

Lille Europe and EuralilleLille Europe and Euralille

Lille Europe stationLille Europe station

Lille Europe Train StationLille Europe Train Station

Lille Europe v Lille Flanders

by Adam_uk

Does anyone know where each of these stations are in Lille?? I am going to fly to Paris (CDG) airport and to reach Lille direct you can either arrive at Lille Europe station. The two stations confuse me! I live in southern england near a regional airport (Southampton), so going to Paris from my regional airport is quicker than by eurostar from London. Could anyone explain to me how to arrive in Lille from Paris (CDG) airport?

by Adam_uk

(Sorry, I forgot to ask "please"!)

by Rrroel

As far as I can remember there just next to each other, Lille Europe being the TGV (and Thalys, etc.) station and Lille Flandres is for regular trains. From CDG it's straightforward: just take a TGV in the airport to Lille Europe (about 30 min.?) and there you are!

Re: Re: Lille Europe v Lille Flanders

by Adam_uk

Thank you for your information :-) I wasn't sure how far they were from each other. I read a page in french which described how to get to Lille from the airport and said that you change at Lille Europe and go to Lille Flanders, so I was confused :-) When I find a free hotel I will book to go now :-)
Adam

by Poison

Yes, they are right next to each other. We had about 20 minutes to change from the station to another, since there was a huge thunderstorm at the moment and we were a little lost, we just barely made it to our connection.

by rogan

From CdG take the airport shuttle bus to the TGV station (5 minutes)
Any train going North stops at Lille Europe. It's 50 minutes - one stop.

When you arrive at Lille Europe you can walk to Lille Flanders, over the bridge or through the large square. But the easiest thing is to take the metro (one stop).
But why go to Lille Flanders unless you need a local train to somewhere else?
If you are staying in Lille then just use the metro to get around the city. It's just 2 stops to tyhe centre from Lille Europe.
Most of the hotels are accessible via metro. So are the art galleries and the theatre and the concert halls and expo centres.
If you fly into Lille airport you should know that it's a good half hour outside the city - and not easy to get to without a car or a taxi.

Re: Re: Lille Europe v Lille Flanders

by Adam_uk

Thank you for your information. I have now booked my plane to Paris and when I arrive, I go from there by train to Lille Europe. My hotel is Hôtel Lille Europe, Avenue Le Corbusier, EURALILLE, 59777 Lille. The reason why I wrote about the Flanders station was that I read instructions on how to get to Lille and read to change at Lille Europe and go to Lille Flanders, so I imagined that it was the main part of Lille, but was obviously wrong ;-) Vt is the better travel guide. :-) Thank you for your information and time spent helping me,
Adam