2 Bis Rue De Chateaubriand, Nantes, 44000, France

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

price
    We booked a triple room and double room at this hotel just because we wanted a place to sleep for some hours during the 3day festival in Clisson. Although we didn’t have much expectations we enjoyed our stay here. We booked through booking.com for about 50euros per night for the triple room.

Location
    It’s located 2km north of the train station, about 15’ walking. From the hotel we could easily walk to the cathedral (10’), and most of the museums weren’t far too. There is free off street parking but in case the parking slots are full you have to leave your car on the side streets (it was easy during the night for us as we had to leave before 9.00am every day). The tram stop is 100m away

The hotel
    The reception is open only in the morning till 12.00 and then 17.00-19.30! Hopefull we didn’t need anything special from them. Anyone that used to be there in the morning was very friendly and helpful. And for the first time after many many years we didn’t have to pay upon our arrival but at the end. There is a desktop computer and wifi available but nothing for free, you have to pay 4euros for 30’ usage.
    There’s no elevator so you may have to climb some stairs if your room is at the second floor.

Breakfast
    We didn’t pay for this so I don’t know much about it although it seemed very basic (it is served in front of the reception so we could see what was it)

The room
    The double room was ok but the triple room was really tiny there was no space left for anyone to walk around when someone else wanted to do the same :)
    But it was clean, there was clean service every day. It was very quiet too, our room was at the first floor and from the window you could see the parking.
    There was a water boiler for coffee/tea, a small table, and a TV.

The bathroom
    The bathroom wasn’t very big but it was clean. There was hot water all the time, a simple soap and small shampoo. The only problem was that there were enough towels and we had to ask for more.

Directions: It’s located 2km north of the train station, about 15’ walking

More about Nantes

View from Butte Sainte AnneView from Butte Sainte Anne

The Center of the NarthexThe Center of the Narthex

Stade de la BeaujoireStade de la Beaujoire

Place RoyalePlace Royale

St Malo to Nantes

by CaptainHM

I live in Bournemouth and am looking to travel to Nantes in June, and would like to take the ferry from Poole. On the day I wish to travel there is one ferry to St Malo, which arrives at 19:30. I have enquired about trains to Nantes and it seems the last one goes at 19:50, which is probably cutting it a bit too fine. I have tried to find out about bus/coach services but have had no luck so far.

Can anyone point me in the direction of information on bus routes between St Malo and Nantes, presumably via/changing at Rennes?

Or can anyone reassure me that 20 minutes will be enough time to change from ferry to train at St Malo?

It's frustrating that it just seems assumed that anyone travelling to St Malo will just want to stop there. I'm sure it's very pretty and everything, but still...

Thank you.
Is that website for all types of transport? I think (although I'm not sure as my French is very poor) that it basically says I can't get from St Malo to Nantes via public transport if I want to leave later than 19:50. Getting back to St Malo from Nantes should be much easier because the ferry leaves St Malo at 20:10 so I can travel during the day.

by pfsmalo

I worked on the port in St. Malo for 28 years and can tell you there is no way you'll get off the ship, through customs, get a taxi and be at the train in 20 mins. Especially now that they have moved the station back another 600 metres. I presume you're looking at Condor Ferries timetable. Is it not possible to get the ship the night before from Portsmouth by Brittany Ferries ? Just a suggestion.

by pfsmalo

Sorry to say Pedro, but unless you book beforehand there is no-one at the terminal at 19h30 in the evening. The ferry terminal in St. Malo is still living in the dark ages. Not even an ATM there although Brittany Ferries do provide some changing, but not always.

by CaptainHM

Hmmm... thanks to you both for your help, but what you're saying seems to confirm my fears about St Malo - they don't want you to leave! Especially not after dark.
Fortunately I have a friend who might want to come with me. He has a car but no driving licence - I have a driving licence, but no car. Hopefully that'll work out. Thanks again.

Travel Tips for Nantes

There are a lot of vineyards...

by GUYON

There are a lot of vineyards nearby Clisson. They produce Anjou Wine (red or white)and the famous MUSCADET.

We enjoyed a 'Porte Ouverte' by a wine grower in Beaulieu sur Layon and we tasted his 'Coteaux du Layon' which is sweet white wine. I brought a sufficient number of bottles to taste for some years in the future.

The Largest City in the Pays de la Loire

by hquittner

"Our only visit to Nantes"

We chose to stop at Nantes for the day enroute from a stop at La Jaille-Yvon (near Angers) at our favorite B&B chateau before a two week ramble through Brittany (first stop Locmariaquer and Gavrinis). We chose to stop at Nantes because we had become captivated by French castles (chateaux) and cathedrals and Nantes had one of each. We had seen almost all the important ones further up the Loire in Centre as a prelude in other years.

"We Did Not See the City"

We parked outside a lovely park-garden area across the Cours F. Roosevelt from the Chateau, which gave us access immediately to the chateau and the r. M.-Rodier which led up to the cathedral. Time did not permit us to explore further.

"What We Missed"

There is not much else that is very old. WWII finished most of that since Nantes is a seaport. There are several interesting museums that we would havee enjoyed. However, thr Chateau had some others within its walls such as one of Breton costumes

Comments