Residhome Residence Ducs de Bretagne

Residhome Residence Ducs de Bretagne
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Nantes

The Double head of PrudenceThe Double head of Prudence

Leaving over the bridgeLeaving over the bridge

Miammmm!Miammmm!

Ile de VersaillesIle de Versailles

Getting from Paris Airport to Nantes

by Karenator

What's the best way to get from CDG to Nantes? I wanted to fly, but have heard horror stories about the Air France flights being very unreliable in both directions, people missing their connections because AF cancelled flights, etc.

Folks have suggested taking the high speed train (which I really didn't want to do with all my luggage), but thought I'd ask anyway if there is a train station right in the Paris airport, or do I need to go look for it, and do I need a reservation ahead of time?

Any pros and cons of train vs flying? Also, is there a train schedule online? I haven't been able to find one yet (although I also haven't given up looking for it).

I'll be there on a business trip June 14-24, and am looking forward to seeing the sights in and around the city!

Karen :)

RE: Getting from Paris Airport to Nantes

by mariev

You have direct trains from Roissy (CDG) to Nantes - you need a reservation (www.sncf.com)
Air France has not many problems (the cnacelled the grand total of seven flights this year), it's more the airport

RE: RE: Getting from Paris Airport to Nantes

by mariev

The train is much easier and confortable imho : about 3 hours from the Roissy airport to Nantes downtown

Travel Tips for Nantes

Packing List

by sandravdp

Bring along a backpack or sportsbag. It's more handy on a campground then a suitcase. Dress lightly in summer, but always bring along a pair of long trousers, a sweater, some good walking shoes and a light coat. Because in the evening the temperature might be a little lower then at brought daylight. Bring suncream and anti mosquito cream. Film is available here. Campgrounds are nearby Nantes. For more information see my accomodation tips and TRAVELLOGUE!
You might want to bring along a sleepingbag... On the picture: a column with an old former field marshal of Nantes statue on it.

Notice the Porte St.-Pierre

by hquittner

Up the street along the North side of the Cathedral (r. de l'Eveche) one sees the Porte. St.-Pierre, a 15C gateway built on the remains of a Gallo-Roman wall. On one side an old turreted residence is also incorporated into it.

my ecole----for all my friends:)

by Gilly

"ATTENTION:) NOT FOR TOURISTS:):):)"

i will study here for two years:) of course it is a nice school:) and for all my friends who are far away from me, all can get a pretty full view of my ecole here now:)
this is the road leading to the hall L where is our gymnasium and all language labo and students' bureau and cafeteria, etc:)

this is just hall L,

this is the where before the hall L:)

this is the road to the little forest:)

just behind our school, there is a forest:) a little mysterious:) and a river is just close to it, we often run along the river for warm-up exercises for PE lessons :)

this is these little path where we do our warm-up exercises:)

this is just beside the river, with a little bridge:)

this is the salle B where we do our drawings, here these batiment are just constructed on a declined slope:) several "stages" until descending to the hall L

this is just in the hall A, where students are always here for meetings, etc...

Comments