11 Rue du Grand Prieure, Arles, Provence, France

Hotel Du Musee
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• LauraWest's Profile Photo

Beautiful Retreat from the Heat!

I was so happy to find this beautiful two Star hotel, just as I was about to give in to the heat of a June afternoon. I found it on my own, just walking into town from the train station. My room had a brand new bath and was the nicest room I had on my whole trip. A real retreat which I relished for 4 nights!

It is a small, clean hotel with excellent service. Originally, it was a private residence. Now, it has 28 private baths inside each unique room! Was that ever a confusing statement? I mean, each of the 28 rooms has a private bath, plus its own air conditioner, a direct dial phone and hair dryer. the web site has beautiful photos of the public areas and some of the guest rooms. You can see for yourself how very lovely it is!

The photo here is of the room Number One, next door to mine & goes for 65 Euro in the High Season. Its 2 beds sleep 3 total at that price. My room was smaller (for Euro 42 each night), and hard to take a picture from the entry or any other angle. Mine didn't have a fireplace & had lusher draperies, but otherwise was very similar.

Unique Quality: decorated with the character of the region, from bedspreads to drapes, real wooden furniture and your room's air conditoner (climatizer) comes with a programmable remote
    .....and the old, but very updated, hotel has a lovely courtyard and dining room to enjoy their breakfast, at a reasonable extra charge of Euro 7.

Directions: across the street from entrance to Musee Reattu & near the Rhone River!

• A good hotel in downtown Arles

Prices: single (39-46 Eur), double (46 - 61 Eur), triple (60 - 74 Eur) - Breakfast 7 Eur/pers.

Unique Quality: Ideal location (downtown and close to all major sites), clean, small courtyard. Satellite TV (CNN, BBC), Air Con.

Directions: Across from Réattu Museum.

More about Hotel Du Musee Arles

Middle East In Southern France!

by LauraWest about Dune Cafe

I walked by this little place about 6 times before I gave in to it. After all, I can get this kind of food at home, so why go to Southern France for it?! That was my reasoning. but it is right around the corner from Hotel du Musee ( where I was staying ) & it is vegetarian....I'm glad I went!! It was great!!

Most of the tables are on a wooden deck just above the narrow street. Service was prompt & friendly. Even the other customers were friendly to me, all French people the evening I dined. An attractive place that I hope is there the next time I visit Arles. I got a combination plate with all the classic dishes. It was well presented, fresh & very tastey. The young man put a little bowl of good fresh olives & a glass of water in front of me before I ordered, an appreciated touch.

Comments