Place Saint Pierre de Trinquetaille, Arles, Provence, 13200, France
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 30% more and rated 11% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Arles

Nativity (rt)and First Bath (lt)Nativity (rt)and First Bath (lt)

St. Trophime & Maries Buying Oil for Jesus' BurialSt. Trophime & Maries Buying Oil for Jesus' Burial

Tower of Roland At South EdgeTower of Roland At South Edge

Plain Hats Male and FemalePlain Hats Male and Female

rent a room

by senoritagonzales

I am planning to live in Arles for 2-3 months. Does anyone know a local website for renting just a room in private apartment or someone who is renting and what are the prices ?

by Beausoleil

We've used http://www.holiday-rentals.com/World/r1.htm in several countries and have been very happy with it.

Alternatively, you can check the Arles tourist office at http://www.tourisme.ville-arles.fr/us/index_us.php

We've used local tourist office sites often and they have never failed us. It's a great place to get maps and other information also.

Have fun. Arles is a wonderful place to visit. There is so much to do in and near the town.

thanks :)

by senoritagonzales

the tourist office is a good idea, thanks !

Travel Tips for Arles

Following Van Gogh footsteps

by agarcia

The crazy red-haired painter was my main motivation for this travel. I'd been fascinated about the colors of his paintings since I was old enough as to understand that the best paintings are not the ones that capture the reality, but the ones that capture the spirit of that reality (subtle detail, isn't it?). When I finally reached the famous gate, the same one that I'd admired so many times. Reaching that place will be the subject of a "warnings and dangers" tip of Arles that is still to come. By now, let's simply say that this is an important moment, because sometimes you have to compare reality with genius. It was clear to me that this time, the Genius won the game. ;-)

A must read for Provence lovers

by davequ

A Year in Provence
.... a funny book by Peter Mayle is for anyone who loves and appreciates not necessarily the city of Arles but the entire Provence.

After two trips to the Provence I finally got around to reading it, and it has its moments in depiction of the local customs of its people. The copy I read from my hometown library also had some very good illustrations.

You can rent it from the library, lots of used copies are available on the net for ~$2, or buy a new one. I hear there is a DVD / movie now.

I enjoyed it.

Arles-Panorama

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

French Arles became the first aincient Roman city, that I've seen. In a year later I saw the Roman Collosseo and other sights which became prototypes of Arles's constructions. I saw them in Arles for the first time, and it has made strong impression.

After falling of Rome in Middle Ages about 879 Arles became the capital of Kingdom Arl. Then it got in sphere of influence of the German confederation. It is interesting, that in 1178 Friderich Barbarossa was crowned here. In 1487 Arles was attached to France.

Out of Arles: Horse Riding

by kenningst

As we were travelling from the National Park back to our hostel, we pass by a lot of "farms" offering horse ride into the national park and we thought is was a good idea and went for it. We chose Promenade A Cheval Poney because we saw that their horses are much more well maintained. Good choice and had loads of fun for a 1.5 hours ride into the woods, across the river and back to the farm. Loved it...

Le Theatre Antique

by rexvaughan

As you can see in the photo, most of this ancient theater is long since gone, but it has been fitted with modern seating so that it still functions as it was originally intended: as a stage for plays, concerts, etc. Now, as in its heyday, it seats about 10,000.

Comments