Avignon Grand Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Great Hotel with a Rooftop Pool

This hotel had in alll in my opinion: great location, large rooms, good food and great service. From the outside it didn't look like much but once we stepped inside my opinion changed. The lobby was huge with seating areas tucked throughout. There was an outdoor terrace for meals and relaxing as well as a large dining room off to the side. Check in was easy and our bags were brought upstairs right away. We has a one bedroom suite which was very large. The room had a living area with a couch, chair, table, desk and TV. The bedroom was very comfy with a queen sized bed, large closet and a TV. The bathroom was very large for Europe and had a jacuzzi tub.

Breakfast was included in our stay and was a bufet style. The food was very good and they had a large assortment of pastry, fruit, bread, cheeses, eggs, meats, cereals, yogurts, juices, teas and coffees.

The hotel was right outside of the stone walls and was a perfect location for wandering Avignon on foot. The hotel staff was very friendly and we had excelent service during our stay. I would definitely use this hotel again.

Unique Quality: The bathtub was a hit for Liz since she's a big bubblebath girl. We both liked the rooftop pool. It was small and circular but a great way to unwind after a day of sightseeing. The lobby was also a hit with me. I liked the wall tapestries and the comfortable chairs.

• A great hotel in Avignon

This hotel was simply the best. It is located right across from the main entrance to the historic city's walls, and the entire walled city is very small so it's a 15 minute walk to the other end. Most importantly, though, the hotel is nice, has free internet at a computer downstairs, and most supremely important -- the breakfast is out of this world! I stayed there about 11 months ago, and I was putting together my photo album, and when I saw the pictures I took of breakfast, tears came to my eyes. Croissants, 10 or 15 types of jams, all kinds of pastries, delicious cafe au lait, ... the breakfast was really extensive, and the best 4 days of breakfast that I have ever ever had. I want to go back to Avignon, if only just to stay at this hotel (and because I loved the city).

Unique Quality: The food is stupendous, but I already said about that.

Directions: Directly across from the main entrance to the walled city, a short short walk from the train station.

• Guenter66's Profile Photo

Best hotel in town

Excellent hotel, near the antique city wall beside the main entrance through this wall.

Unique Quality: Wonderful interior of the rooms. Broad and tasteful breakfast buffet.

Comments