17, rue de la Republique, Avignon, Provence, 84000, France

Satisfaction Average

Rated 13% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Value for money.

I only stayed in this hotel for one night in October, 2011 and for the price I paid I felt I certainly got my money's worth. The service was excellent. I was made very welcome upon my arrival and when I found out that there was no lift, I asked for a room on a lower floor. The receptionist said that she did indeed have one on the ground floor but that it wasn't as nice as the one up the stairs that had originally been allocated to me. My poor old knees were really suffering after six weeks of sightseeing in Europe, so I told her that the room would be fine and not to worry about how nice it was or wasn't. As it turned out, the room was perfectly acceptable. It was very clean and had a really good sized bathroom and was in a quiet part of the building.

Unique Quality: The best thing about the Hotel Danieli is its location right on the main street of the Avignon historical centre. As this was my last night in France and I was only staying in Avignon overnight so as not to miss the early train the next morning, I was not looking for the sights which I had seen on several previous visits. I just wanted a good meal and an early night, both of which I got. I had a wonderful stroll around the city centre and chose a great restaurant on the main square opposite the Town Hall. An ice cream to accompany me back to the hotel and all was well with the world.
    I would certainly choose the Danieli for my next visit.

Directions: Proceed straight ahead from the Train Station. Hotel is about 300 meters down the main street on your right.

• MM212's Profile Photo

Beautiful Architecture

Designed by the architect Valentin in 1874, Hôtel Danieli possesses one of the most ornate façades on rue de la République, and perhaps in all of Avignon. The building is now a hotel under the same name run by a family. I did not stay at this hotel, nor even entered it, but was highly impressed by the architecture. Its location is certainly very convenient. Check out the hotel's website and be the judge of the facilities.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Shabby chic, French style

More to come. This is the 2 star hotel I moved to on our students arrival. It is very pleasant in a shabby chic French country sort of way.

• Worst Experience! Don't stay here!!

The worst hotel experience we have ever had. Staff lost our reservation, twice, then charged us for a room we didn’t stay in. Basically, we were charged for two hotel rooms even though we only stayed in one. This seems incomprehensible to us, although maybe due to the staff not using computers for reservations. After an hour and a half battle with the manager, we were still forced to pay for half the room. During this time, the manager was horribly rude and inconsiderate and gave us the worst display of public relations skills we have ever witnessed, yelling at us and refusing to admit the staff had made any errors. In addition to this, the cleaning staff kicked us out of our room at 9:30 on the last morning so they could make up our room, even though checkout wasn’t until noon. Rooms are in bad condition and outside streets are noisy. We stayed in another hotel in Avignon one night and it was superior in every way. Hotel Danieli is an extremely poor hotel and we recommend against anyone staying there after the atrocious experience we had.

• Graham_OZ's Profile Photo

Nice Small Hotel - Hotel Danieli

We stayed at Hotel Danieli not expecting the hotel to be very nice (given the price and other experiences in France), however we were pleasantly suprised with the hotel in general. Facilities were basic, but it was very clean, well kept, and the staff were very friendly.

Unique Quality: The location of the hotel is fantastic, right on a main street that runs through the center of town (rue de la republic I believe).

Directions: Easy to find from the train station, just walk through the walls down the main street.

Comments