Alnea

20, rue Jean-de-Riouffe, Cannes, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, 06400, France
Hotel Alnea
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Cannes

boat for visiting islandsboat for visiting islands

Chicken in Riesling with ravioliChicken in Riesling with ravioli

Notre-Dame de l'EspéranceNotre-Dame de l'Espérance

Cannes 'public' beachCannes 'public' beach

Harley Davidson in Cannes???

by ashlog

Could anyone tell me if there is a Harley Davidson retail store in Cannes. We would like to get a T-shirt. Also, we will be there in July. It is one of the ports on a cruise. We want to make the most of our hours there. What is the "just must not miss" things to do in Cannes. We will be traveling with our 2 children (17 & 13). Thanks so much! Kim

RE: Harley Davidson in Cannes???

by ramblingrose

The Harley Davidson web site doesn't list a dealer in Cannes so unless there is a brand new store any Harley clothing would not be official merchandise. There is a store in Nice. You can look for locations at http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Dealers/dealers.jsp?locale=en_US
they list motorclothes stores as well as full dealerships.

RE: RE: Harley Davidson in Cannes???

by ashlog

Thanks, I'll do that.

Travel Tips for Cannes

More automotive eye-candy

by NiceLife

Hotel lobby, Cannes Noga Hilton, a gleaming gun-metal grey £300k Lamborghini. British number plates, personalised registration ends "HER". No doubt somewhere is a matching version with the numberplate "HIS"

Now I should know the answer to this, but why haven't I got one of these?

Ah yes. Its all coming back to me: I wasn't born rich, I'm not married to money, I'm not lucky, I can't sing or kick a ball, I am not a criminal, and I can't be arsed to work 24 hours a day.

What's your excuse?

The Clock Tower

by wilocrek

This is the most visible landmark in Cannes and also one of the oldest, the tower is part of Notre Dame de L' Esperance that sits on the top of the hill overlooking the town. Be sure to get some pictures of the one part of Cannes that isn't part of the film festival!

Musée de la Castre - Castle museum.

by breughel

The castle at the summit of the Suquet hill was built around the 11th - 12th centuries.
I suppose that the name Castre derives from the Latin Castrum = fortified camp. The castle belonged to the abbey of the Lerins islands and had for main function to resist to the pirates.
Since 1952 the castle was transformed in a museum grouping various collections from Cannes' museums.
It is a combination of the ethnographic collections of the baron Lyklama of the Mediterranean basin and the Middle East but also of Oceania, the Indies, America, Australia plus, coming from the Musée des Beaux Arts de Cannes, regional archaeology objects and paintings from 16th to 20th c.
Open: Tuesday to Sunday, closed on Monday.
From 10h to 13 h and 14h or 15h (June-August) to 17h - 19h depending of month.
Price: 3€. Free under 26 years old and 1st Sunday of month.
No parking.

Cannes

by sue_stone

"Day in Cannes"

Whilst staying in Nice, we caught the train to Cannes for the day.

We were a week or so ahead of the film festival, beating the crowds and inflated prices. Pleasingly, they have a number of large, comfortable chairs lining the waterfront. We parked ourselves there for some people watching, and besides, the sun was out. A large private….yacht….was off shore, with a nice speedboat ferrying passengers to and from the shore. When I say Yacht, I actually mean small ocean liner. Money was, as you would expect, everywhere around the Cote d’Azur.

We walked along the shoreline, admiring the beautiful hotels, gardens and immaculately clean streets. Eventually we wound our way up to the top of the headland of Cannes for a wonderful view back along the coastline.

Comments