Campanile Cannes Mandelieu

Aerodrome de Cannes Mandelieu, La Bocca, Cannes, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, 06150, France
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Cannes

Le Suquet view on cruise ship.Le Suquet view on cruise ship.

Bo Derek's hand printBo Derek's hand print

la rue d'Antibes on a Sundayla rue d'Antibes on a Sunday

I think I had a big red hand holding my tuch!I think I had a big red hand holding my tuch!

Best Way to Get From Switzerland to Cannes

by OzVisitors

As part of our European drive holiday, my wife and I (& perhaps our 19 yo son) will be driving from Poschiavo (Sweden) down to Cannes. We want to do this leg in 1 day. Any suggestions for the best route to take? One suggestion is to go across to Basel (Switz) then down through Belfort, Besancon, Grenoble and Gap. But looking at the map it looks like you could cut across through Italy overland and then down to Cannes.

Re: Best Way to Get From Switzerland to Cannes

by JLBG

You mean Poschiva (Switzerland)
The route through Basel .... Grenoble would be a very beautiful road and you would enjoy it but it is much longer : 299 km for Basel (190 on autoroute) and from Basel to Cannes it should be about 800 km.
The fastest route is undoubtedly by Italy, as you can check on
146 km on mountain roads. I guess the scenery must be magnificient too.
424 on autoroute, which makes alltogether 570 km.
However, the route you think of is a very good one if you want to enjoy your travel all the way (I am living in Grenoble !)

Re: Best Way to Get From Switzerland to Cannes

Menton
Nice
Cannes....

Mostly by motorway.
Be careful in Italy, they drive crazily sometimes....

Travel Tips for Cannes

Cannes - History

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Modern Cannes began with a country house which was constructed here in 1834 by English lord Brouhem. Being afraid of epidemic of the plague which have burst in vicinities Nice in 1834, he searched for a place where his sick daughter Eleonora could have a rest and be treated. So on seacoast there was a country house with an English lawn. Lord named its name of the daughter which nevertheless died.

Friends of lord Brouhem gradually bought up nearby sites and constructed country houses. The lord achieved the sanction to construction of port from Lui Phillip and has enclosed in it the money. Therefore the problem with water on coast has been solved.

Great Italian food

by Elainehead about La Libera

If you eat inside, the first thing you will notice are the photos hanging on the walls. It seems the place is owned by someone who's a big fan of films. There are photos of celebrites and also from movie scenes. The restaurant isn't very big, so this is not a place for big groups. Despite their prices being more expensive than average, they serve delicious meals.

If you are on a bugdet, you could try one of the "plat du jour" (dish of the day). The staff is nice and the service is somewhat quick.

The first time we ordered the lasagna (I think it was around 17 Euros) and raviolli (I don't remember the exact price, but it's probably around the same as the lasagna). While we wait for our dishes, they serve bruschettas (for no additional cost, one for each person). Our dishes were delicious! For dessert, we shared an the apple pie (served with vanilla ice-cream). I didn't like it very much because there were raisins (not mentioned on the menu) in the pie and I'm not a big fan of them.

The second time we chose the "plat du jour", I had the chicken (grilled chicken and veggies on a stick) served with a sort of aubergine purée (delicious!) and a slice of potato gratin (yummy!). I think it's around 15 Euros. My husband had the four-cheese risotto, which he liked very much (around 14 Euros). We shared a chocolate cake (served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream). Gee, we couldn't swallow anything else after this excellent meal! We will certainly come back here.

Take a walk and see how other half live

by rachel_sun

Cannes port is very impressve and i loved walking along the quay seeing all the luxury yachts.You can go on boat trips along the coast or hire a speedboat for the day.I fancied taking a trip to the Lerins Islands but did not have time as i was only in Cannes for 3 days.In the gulf of Cannes are the Lerins Islands.Sainte-Marguerite and Saint-Honorat.There is a monastrey and a Cistern abbey going back to the 11th century.There are also forests of pines and eucalyptus with a huge selection of protected animals.
Hiring a speedboat can be expensive, but while in Rome do as the Romans do ;-)It can cost £3000 upwards a day for luxury yacht.

The most famous city on The French Riviera, Cannes

by bvizzle12

"Cannes, famous for "Le Festival de Cannes""

Cannes is a very cute city in the South of France, its very famous thanks to the festival but besides that, the sea and a few beautiful hotels, there is not much to do. I would definitely not spend more than a day or too there, have some good French food and move on...

Marché Forville

by myriam_c

The Marché Forville is a daily market in the covered halles in Cannes. You can find high quality, local produce at this attractive local market. Locals, tourists, and even some of Cannes' best-known chefs frequent this place. It also features a number of other shops, such as butchers, and bakeries. You can find a flea market and antiques fair on every Monday.

Comments