Etap Hotel Cannes Centre Ville

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Cannes

Various Cannes & surrounding 1998Various Cannes & surrounding 1998

Walking along the CroisetteWalking along the Croisette

Here you find to the 60th Cannes Film FestvalHere you find to the 60th Cannes Film Festval

Ladies love pinkLadies love pink

travel

by suze1234

how far is the train station from Nice airport./ What should I pay for a taxi from Nice to Cannes

by saleemjig

Check out http://nicefrance.ca/transportation/airport.html
It has information on the airport as well as the train station, public transportation and coaches.

My wife and I were in Nice in June last year and we took the train to Monaco as well as Cannes for day trips. The journey was very pleasant. It was a bit crowded coming back as people were heading home.

Hope this helps.

by Bilimari

I was in Nice/Cannes last summer, and took a train from Nice airport to Cannes. Very easy and nice trip. One of our friends who took taxi told me that it was about 80euro. The traffic was bad, I guess.

by cannesman

Hi

The train station is approx 500 metres from the airport but can be rather difficult to locate. Check out the following link for directions

Incidentally these directions are from Terminal 1. If your arrival point is Terminal 2 don't worry. There's a free shuttle bus between the terminals that runs every 10 mins.
Cost of a single train ticket to Cannes is 4 Euros 80 cents. Train times can be found at

Regarding taxis; no the traffic wasn't bad when your friend used the taxi. They charge a relatively standard (i.e. overpriced) rate for the journey. In my experience this can be anything from 75 to 85 euros. For details see

In addition to these options there's a dedicated airport shuttle bus (last bus is approx 8 p.m.) to Cannes as well as local buses. Check the following link for details

Best of luck

Andy

by cannesman

I forgot to mention that the train station nearest the airport is known as Nice St Augustin (not Nice Ville) and the main station in Cannes is known as ..er.. Cannes (not Cannes la Bocca).

Andy

by ATLC

In addition to what cannesman tells you, an easy to use English-language scheduler for French trains is:

Travel Tips for Cannes

Tour the Riviera on a motorbike

by Kopenhagen

We first wanted to rent a scooter in Cannes and then came across a company offering guided motorbike tours of the surrounding region. The next morning, one of their guides delivered his and our motorcycle to our hotel and we set off on the Route Napoleon. We rode through Grasse and had lunch in Castellane. After lunch we drove through the Grand Canyon of France Gorges de Verdon and stopped for coffee at the Lake Ste Croix. Amazing.

On the way back we rode the other side of the canyon and saw some crazy bungee jumping. Taking it easy on the winding mountain roads we got back to Cannes in the evening.

If you want to get away from the tourist hustle and bustle of Cannes, then take a trip on a motorbike or scooter. The mountain roads and nature are awesome. You don’t necessarily need a guide to explore the region, but it makes things easier and you feel safer. As we hadn’t planned for this day trip, we didn’t pack motorcycle equipment. The motorcycle rental company lent us helmets, gloves and jackets. Next time we will bring our own motorcycle gear.

Palais Des Festivals Et Des Congres

by kenningst

Palais Des Festivals becomes the highlight of the town (and the world) during the film festival event where celebrities all over the world come together. It was not the film festival while I was there and so this place was not so much of an attraction to me.

Cruise ships.

by breughel

Cannes is also a regular port of call for cruise ships. They can not enter the harbour and stay at anchor at a short distance from the beach.
The passengers are brought on land by shuttle boats. It takes time to get a thousand passengers in Cannes but from the ship the view on the bay of Cannes must be very nice so that I suppose that they are patient.

This ends my review of boats in the bay of Cannes. I started with the 9m "Dragon" sailing boat and ends with the large cruise ship of my photo.

A few hours in Canne

by alisonr

"The Beautiful People"

Just a short, few hours stop in Canne, on our way along the coast. Was definately the most beautiful weather so far on our trip, and the scenery and people were'nt too bad either! Such a relaxed, sunny spot!

Comments