Hotel Le Regina

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Cannes

Various Cannes & surrounding 1998Various Cannes & surrounding 1998

Eye-catching bouganvilleaEye-catching bouganvillea

As You exit the bus your greeted by this fountainAs You exit the bus your greeted by this fountain

La Croisette by night_viewed from Le SuquetLa Croisette by night_viewed from Le Suquet

Connection between Cannes and near-by towns

by ladyheart

I need to be in Cannes for business during The Film Festival, but apparently I cannot stay there because all hotels are already booked for that period. Which one of the near-by towns should I choose, in order to have the best connection and the easiest approach to Cannes? I am considering places it takes no more than 20-30 minutes ride to get there. Also, could you tell me how much a bus ticket would cost? And how much would be taking a cab?
Very important note, I would prefer a place that is connected with Cannes by bus at night as well. Are there any? I have been told there is only train at night, but I also read some warnings that train stations there are not very safe at that time. Could you tell me if this is true?
Thanks a lot for any information you might have.

by YVRDave

The train station will be VERY busy during the festival. Have you tried the festivals accomodation agent? they have apartments last someone I know checked

by NiceLife

There is a problem with buses in that their timetable in most cases ends before eight in the evening. The airport buses run later but thats not usually any use. Taxi is expensive but the most dependable form of transport. Late trains are a controversial subject. Everything is mostly fine most of the time, not in dispute. I urge caution, others say theyve never had a problem, its a personal judgement. For what its worth May its busy and I would be confident on safety.

During FilmFest Cannes goes insane - all the worlds news teams and the paparazzi are there in force - at the same time as 30,000 race fans arrive for the Monaco Grand Prix. So east of Cannes takes you in the direction of Monaco -wrong direction. People stay all the way out to Italy and Ventimiglia to get a room.

Look for accommodation Cannes La Bocca - the other end of the bay to Cannes going west, and Mandelieu

Good luck.

by garyandmichelle

Hi, I live in Antibes and had to work at the Festival last year, it was the first time I've had to travel back each night. The last train is at about midnight each night, it's packed with everyone else who couldn't get rooms in Cannes! so pretty safe. As I remember the first stop is Antibes, takes about 15mins.A lot of people seemed to be going on to Nice, that's a long way.Don't know anything about buses.
If you're staying for a week I may be able to give you info. on apartments to rent in Antibes if that would interest you. Regards Michelle.

by viacollins

Juan les Pins is a two stations away by train, there's still accom available there. Some of which is so much cheaper than Cannes, even a taxi ride at home late at night leaves you well ahead. Especially if you catch train in the morning. There's also a local bus, but I find train so enjoyable and convenient, I've never sorted out where bus stop is.

It's also a breath of sanity out of the Film Festival, which is equal arts electric, and exhausting! Enjoy the trip...

Travel Tips for Cannes

A boattrip to the islands

by Pavlik_NL

The "Iles de Lerins" are two islands just off the coast of Cannes and a regular boat connection goes to both Ile Sainte-Marguarite as Ile Saint-Honorat. Both island are very worth while to go to in historical, cultural as well as spiritual sense (see my "Ile Saint-Honorat" page).

Little Tourist Train

by Huks

If you tired of too much walking then try to discover Cannes by Little Tourist Train. It is fast easy and maybe in your native language.

Click on website link and read about costs, routes and schedule.

Le Suquet.

by breughel

I felt a bit disappointed climbing to the Château de la Castre. The streets on this hill called Suquet were less picturesque than what I expected remembering the old district of Nice for example.
Every house being a restaurant like at the rue du Suquet or rue Saint Antoine is certainly touristy but not necessarily picturesque at least how I understand this concept.
Fortunately arriving at the summit with the castle, church and garden the views were superb so that I did not regret the walk as to more that the streets were very quiet.

Cannes

by vivimero

"Cannes"

Back from our wonderful holiday! 3 weeks in seaside. We had 2 visits, one evening Alberto, Betti (the girl who works for the travel agency) and daughter baby Vittoria came for dinner and we went to Il Torchietto in a small village close to Albenga. They were in Sanremo on holiday for some days. Then on 12nd august Carlo and Silvia and baby Emanuele came for a day on the beach with us. For the rest we were on the beach, lazy and reading a lot!!! Then we went to Cannes for 3 days on the 16th. It was wonderful, absolutely a great escape. We stayed at the NOGA HILTON hotel on the Croisette . I wanted some nice place. First of all….in Italy we don’t have the valet parking and I had been to several nice hotels here too but none with this wonderful service. No rush to find a parking….lovely!!! They made you feel like a movie star. The hotel was a bit colourful, as we had a salmoned bedroom! But the bathroom was huge and the breakfast was gorgeous. And it was on a terrace overlooking the croisette! Croissants, Danish pastries….english breakfast, fresh fruit juice…..if you believe that in Sardinia in a resort the cappuccino was made with the machine! Like here in the office…can you believe it? And the orange juice was even worse than the one that you can buy at Lidl…(no offense for the Lidl juice!)
Anyway, the NOGA has a swimming pool and 2 jacuzzis on the roof. Sun beds to lay down and read..bar service directly to your chair…On the first day Paolo and I walked around the center, had a carpaccio in the Factory Café’ and then saw some shops. Then, with a mild heat, we went up to the roof and I spent almost all the time in the Jacuzzi. Dinner was in a Kosher place called Tovel that was very good. Everyone inside was jewish and we were probably the only ones. But I was walking, saw the place and liked it. Appetizers are given to you by the owner and they are really good. We walked on the beach, enjoyed the beach of the hotel..but we were in second row and I am not used to have someone in front of me on the beach as usually in Alassio I am in front row. Had lunch on the beach (if you want they deliver a tray to your sun bed…) and around 4 pm we decided to go to see shops again and walk in the old Cannes that is completely another world compared to the Croisette area.
La Comptoir de la Mer: the restaurant where we had dinner that night- I have to say HORRIBLE and they were sooooo rude. I knew and imagined it was expansive because when you go in a place along the Croisette, surely is not cheap but at least they are supposed to be nice and I deserved it. They took some bread with butter. The waiter, the bald one, arrived and took away 2 small butters because they gave us 4 and we were in 2. I was shocked!
Then I ordered a seafood pasta and the waiter took away from my side the dish for the shells…and I still had to finish my pasta. So I had to clean all the shrimps and no dish to put the waste!
But after dinner- I didn’t even wanted some dessert in a place like that and knowing me…I was pretty upset to avoid a crème caramel!!! The beach of our hotel after dinner becomes a lounge bar and you can dance on the beach, have a drink in a wonderful surrounding, they put cushions on the sand..it’s different. Too bad it was a bit empty, probably because we arrived too soon and we are not night animals. 
I was soooo happy about my days in Cannes!!! Paolo wants to go back soon, next time I want to go to the Carlton…

"View from the terrace"

"From the roof of the Noga Hilton"

Comments