73 La Croisette, BP 142, Cannes, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, 06406, France

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

A mythic hotel

It's cool to say 'I have been staying at the Martinez' but I have to admit I've been slightly disappointed by the hotel. From all the hype around it, I was expecting something better.

Don't get me wrong the hotel is really nice, the room is luxurious, the service is friendly but I was expecting a little bit more for the price...

I have put a picture of the price tag for my room, it's simply unbelievable! I'm wondering if they ever charge that amount of money, maybe during the festival? That's simply overrated, the room was ok but I have recently seen better ones!!

Unique Quality: The view from the room was priceless!!

The private beach and the party we are there is also a great feature of the hotel!

• Alikatt's Profile Photo

Cool plage area, nice beach bar

We actually weren't able to stay there since it was full the week of our arrival. We had drinks there and it's a cool, hip and well-run establishment . Not snobby nor snooty. We opted to stay in a private villa in a quiet residential neighborhood toward Le Cannet) that rents out two large rooms. that look out into the lush garden. Back to Martinez...we were under the Cote d' Azur sun at the plage one afternoon. The beach area was tastefully done, staff were coolly attentive but they seemed to have all disappeared after 6 pm.

Unique Quality: Unfortunately, I have nothing to compare this with in Cannes place since I had limited beach time. Signtseeing in the nearby vilages and shopping dominated my French agenda. The second time, all of the hotels on the beach area (except the actual bars) were nearly closing and it wasn't worth paying the 45 Euros to occupy a beach chair for half an hour...beach front views were good though all along La Croisette.

• barbipez's Profile Photo

most popular spot during ad festival

i've only been in this hotel as i've never been able to book a room during the ad week festival. prices are about twice as much during this week, but it's a great place to be. you dont have far to walk after all your partying :- )

rooms are up to par, if not better (at least in my opinion). they keep the place immaculate even considering the ruckus that goes on during this week. staff is unbelievable tolerable, nice, helpful and professional.

Directions: on the corisette.

• NiceLife's Profile Photo

More luxurious living The Martinez

Rank number two of the four "grande dames" of the Croisette, the Martinez is the furthest from the Palais de Festivals, but only by a few hundred yards. Its classic good looks are complemented by the luxury car parking outside. During the annual Film Festival the Martinez is generally home to the faces of L'Oreal - Jane Fonda, Andie Macdowell and all the other "Because I'm Worth It" crowd. Perhaps lacking the Carlton's cachet, is nevertheless has its following, and its beachclub bar Plage Z never lacks stylish clentelle.

• laetitiad's Profile Photo

Art Deco Palace

I used to work at the Martinez so I've got kind of an inside view. The hotel is decorated in an Art Deco style quite nice, the rooms are big and mostly renovated (I think they did a full renovation recently), but It's not an excellent value for money compared to other hotel on la Croisette. However during the low season and when the business is low, don't hesitate to negotiate the price (if you dare doing it) : you could have a nice discount or a better room.
    Another tip : the rooms at the back (ie without a sea view) have a view on the railway...

Unique Quality: Don't miss the Amiral Bar and especially its pianist Jimmy, which plays really well and... is a very nice guy.

More about Hotel Martinez Cannes & Spa Givenchy

Martinez Cannes, love the city love the hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Made_In_Italy

Myself and my husband stayed at this hotel for our anniversary through HotelsClick and got a rate of £320 for 3 nights inc breakfast & taxes.

Its actually a really nice hotel located on the Croisette and is very popular in Cannes as we found out when trying to book! The breakfasts were a buffet selection, the rooms were a good size and well equipped and the staff were friendly and gave us brouchures on places to visit in the area. Everyone spoke English.

Next time I shall go to Cannes in warmer weather as it was rather chilly.

All in all, top marks for this hotel. Deserves its ranking.

Great choice in Cannes - albeit w/ some concerns

by TripAdvisor Member cruzship

Stayed at the Hotel Martinez in January 2007 for a few days and was very pleased with our stay. Some notable highlights include:

-Impeccable staff and service
-Very child friendy (traveled with a 7 mo old). They provided a well equipped crib, bottle warmer and even a baby toy for our son.
-Superb facilities
-Good location to the center of Cannes (everything is within walking distance)
-Free internet access

The only drawbacks were:

-On the expensive side
-Rooms were a bit on the smaller than expected (but still comfortable) and rooms seemed a but spartan vs other hotels in its class
-No upgrades even when the hotel was very empty and I am a LHW club member
-Parking is very overpriced (35 euro/day)

Oh Dear..... A Hotel that has got greedy........

I really hope the Hotel owners and management read Trip Advisor as they do not like to read or reply to the comments of their actual guests.

My husband and I travelled with 3 other couples to Cannes and automatically booked into the Martinez for a 10 night stay. We have stayed at the Martinez for the past 10 years (only missing 2005), and have always sung its praises to all family and friends, I am disappointed to say we can no longer do this.

It is easier to list the points of disappointment:

1) We booked a Sea View Room at a cost of around £300.00 per night, this included breakfast for 2 people BUT the beach and the pool were not included in this rate as had been in previous years. The beach starting price is 12 euros and the Pool which is only open to residents is also 12 euros!.... I'll come onto the beach later!

2) Our Car was parked at the Hotel Car Park at a cost of around £10.00 per day, however when ever we wanted to use the car it took around 30mins and 2 wrong cars later to get it.

3) The Rooms are large HOWEVER are not worth the £300.00 per night. We have had a Sea View room for the past 10 years and the rooms have not been refurbished in this time. The balcony doors did not work, the furniture had been painted to disguise the fact it is so old, the bed linen is tired and the bathrooms also need updating. I read with interest that the Martinez is having a refurbishment floor by floor - We were informed that only the suites have been refurbished and there are no plans to refurbish 1st - 4th floor rooms.

4) The Beach - The Beach has undergone a facelft, nice restaurant, the food is fantastic but the service is terrible. The beach beds used to have good matresses, now they are canvas beds with one white towel. The changing facilites and toilets were never clean. The general service on the beach was poor EVERY day of our 10 days, the beach is run by a team of under 25's (nothing wrong with this) who spent most of their day chatting or arguing; we saw a full blown argument between two members of staff right in front of us. It does seem that the Martinez Management Team need to employ someone to actually manage the staff on the beach.

5) Breakfast - Unlike previous years, breakfast now seems a free for all, most guests arrive between 9am and 11am BUT no food seems to be restocked.

6) The Bar - The bar is also in desperate need of refurbishment, it looks fine in the evening (when dark) however in day light the furniture appears old and scuffed.

7) Our room was never serviced until 4pm each day, I realise that staff probably service 'checkout' rooms for arriving guests first BUT I cannot believe that for 10 whole days our room was not seen as one to do in the morning.

I could go on, in general we have decided not to return to the Martinez Hotel again, I know a loss of £4,500 every September from our one room isn't going to break the bank for them.... I just hope they read these comments as I did ask to speak with a member of the management during my stay who never appeared and I have also written to the Hotel some 3 weeks ago now...... and have recieved nothing.

It is a real shame, The Martinez used to be expensive but now its just a rip off.

I no longer recommend this Hotel

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member Camilla_lnd

At check in, they upgraded our room to a junior suite. That was a great surprise for us.
The moment we stepped in the room, we understood that it would be a great stay. The room was very big and had a very nice terrace with sun beds. All equipments were new and it was very clean. Room service twice a day was also excellent. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Hippest beach in Cannes

by Zissi

Hubby and I staying in Nice for 4 days in July. Would love to hit a really cool beach in Cannes for a day. Where is the hippest beach club in Cannes? Do we need to make advance reservations for a chair?

by NiceLife

Plage Z of the Hotel Martinez, centre of the Croisette. Just turn up and pay.Lots.

Cheers
Andrew

by aukahkay

I stayed the Cannes Noga Hilton. It has a nice private beach facing the Croisette. You will need to pay to use the deckchairs and umbrellas.

by Doug767

'3.15' private beach in Cannes takes some beating. Great 'cool' atmosphere, brill food etc.(best to reserve a place)

by Doug767

Should be '3.14'(not 3.15, finger trouble, sorry!)

Comments