Lutetia

Booking.com Tingo.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Cannes

Various Cannes & surrounding 1998Various Cannes & surrounding 1998

Regatta at Cannes.Regatta at Cannes.

Pavillon CroisettePavillon Croisette

Cannes HarborCannes Harbor

Travelling To Cannes From Nice

by sarahbcork

My buddy and I are flying to Nice in November and we are hoping to spend a cuple of days in cannes.

Can someone recommend the cheapest way to get there?

Also what is Cannes like in November - is it cold/wet and is it busy?

Thanks!

by SONG

HI, and welcome to VT. It has been years since I was in Nice, but I doubt that anything has changed regarding transportation. While there, check out the train station and all the stops. I believe that my friend and I hopped on the train and went directly to Cannes. It spring and very nice and warm, so I do not know about Nov. The train is the BEST form of transportation. It is fairly inexpensive and you buy your ticket on the honor system. There is hardly ever any conductor to check for your ticket, but if you do not have one and are caught, watch out.....jail?? not sure. big fine for sure.
The trains DO run on time and were very clean when I was there.
Enjoy......BTW, be sure to visit the "perched cities" .....cannot remember the name, but the best one is east of Nice.....

by Agraichen

I'd "ditto" the train recommendation. It is fast conveinient and as stated, on time. While in Nice, also hop over to Monaco as it's only a 30 minute trip further and well worth it.

by Maryimelda

Nice and Cannes are so close that it really doesn't matter which one you stay at as the other will always be just a short train trip away. I wouldn't be taking chances on not having a ticket as I found that all the trains were well policed by ticket inspectors when I was in Europe in June this year,
There is probably more happening in Nice for young people, although Cannes is really worth a look and yes I would recommend a day trip to Monaco. It is so easy to do and only costs about 6 euro from Nice.

by zuriga

A friend of mine was in Nice last week. It was a bit misty and she said that many restaurants, especially on the beachfront, were already closing for the winter. I think the weather is a bit undependable in November so be prepared for anything.. even some snow way up on the mountains. I don't think you'll find it too busy, but I hope you hit some good weather. Travel around and see the sights!

Travel Tips for Cannes

good sunglasses are a must.

by barbipez

depends on how long you're staying and what your plans are...i'm a light traveler sandles! flip flops!
GOOD sunglasses - not the barely tinted things especially if you have sensitive eyes every place seems to be well stocked with the bare necessities fun water proof cams if you like to swim. i used a digital and it was perfect for all my needs (i was in a large group, and i could take this everywhere - restaruants, parties, etc) BEACH GEAR!!! swimsuits. you'll have to pay to get on most beaches, and they provide chairs and umbrellas if you stay at a villa, you can save money by going to the store and making many of your meals...they have fresh seafood that is perfect for the grill.

Perhaps the true essence of Cannes

by etfromnc

Le Suquet is Cannes' "old town." It presents a striking medieval contrast to the glamour and glitz of La Croisette. Here you will find a slower paced people and lifestyle and cuisine which will remind you more of other Mediterranean sites than the haute cuisine de Francais. Olive oil, garlic, fresh fish, and fresh vegetables are much more common here than in the cuisine found further north in France. Rose wine is much more likely to be the wine of choice here, as it is throughout Provence, than are the burgundies and bordeaux of western, central, and northern France.

Lush gardens

by rachel_sun

I found drinking along the seafront affordable but having a meal was too expensive for me.Meals were like £50 a person.So i had a meal up near my hotel which was about 20 minute walk from seafront.Prices there were at least half price.I found a nice pizza place and i had a pizza with wine for £7.I also went into a bar opposite my hotel and had a lager which was about half price.But its worth having a drink on the seafront purely for the great atmosphere and you kind of feel special.Also the loos in the bars and or restuarants along the front are wonderful, marble floors, free prefume and the size of my lounge.

Like in a Movie

by Olivka

"French Kiss" is my favourite romantic comedy with Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline. With this movie 10 years ago I started my first "without seeing" acquaintance with France and Cannes. And my joy was boundless, when I knew about my coming trip there. My partners chose this place to conduct an unofficial bussiness meeting, as this city really helps you to relax, feel yourself easy and be oneself.
At my free time in Cannes I wandered the streets and tried to compare buildings and views that I had seen in my favourite movie with what I saw in real. In the film I noticed one lovely park, where heros had their rest. I tried to find this park with special fervour, but without result. During my last long and exhausting walk, I with my colleague sat on one of the benches that stayed round to give a rest to our aching and tired legs. And, O My God!, only when I came back home and watched "French Kiss" again I realized, that I found that park with circle flower-bed in the center and benches with sheds around.
As appeared, to recognize smth on the picture is easier when you saw this in real, than to recognize smth in real, while you have seen this only at a picture.
My trip to Cannes was very emotional. I plunged into charm and luxury of the city. And like the actress in the movie I repeated all the time "Oh, My God, how is beatiful here!"

Comments