Pv Residence Villa Franca

Avenue Wester Wemyss, Cannes, 6150, France
Otel.com

Rated 21% higher but also costs 86% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Cannes

Forville market - Swordfish.Forville market - Swordfish.

Yachts in Cannes marinaYachts in Cannes marina

WINDING UP RUE SAINT-ANTOINEWINDING UP RUE SAINT-ANTOINE

Jazno Francoeur CEO of SB recordsJazno Francoeur CEO of SB records

Weather

by Rach2580

What is the weather usually like in early October?

Re: Weather

by standford

I think that September & Oktober is the best time of the year to be in Cannes.
Stil be able to swim and a wonderful sunset to view over the esterel montains.
But better try to visit the france riviera early Oktober, because the last two weews we had some bad weeks after th 15 th.

Marc

www.riviera-rental.com

Travel Tips for Cannes

Q7 galore

by codrutz

In front of the Cannes Festival building (Palais des Festivals et des Congrès) there were a suite of Audi Q7 - as for 2007-2008 it's the most sought after car in Romania - there are literally hundreds on Q7 in Romania - crazy!

Seafood by the Port

by MM212 about Gaston Gastounette

This restaurant offers excellent and consistent seafood specialties. I would say it is the best seafood restaurant in Cannes. It has been in existence for a long time and run by a family. I usually have sole meunière, but other dishes are excellent too. Gaston Gastounette is located across from le Vieux Port, the main port in Cannes.

Day excursion to "Les Gorges du Verdon"

by vibi68

This immense and splendid canyon is located at on both departments of the Var and the Alpes-de-Hautes-Provence. The Verdon's gorges are the result of the erosion of the Verdon's river on the land than has today become gigantic cliffs of limestone rocks. They were only discovered and recognized at the beginning of the century, since then they've attracted and fascinated many visitors... it should be said that the spectacle is extremely imposing! Right In the center of a protected natural area, rich of its fauna and flora, the panorama offered is vertiginous. The few villages nestled at the edge of the fault kept their old Provencal charm; they can accomodate you should you decide to turn this day excursion into a longer one. Thanks to the diversity of its beautiful nature it offers multiple activities: photography, water sports such as rafting, canyoning, canoe kayak, water skiing, fishing, arial sports such as parasailing, coast flights, gliding, rock climbing, trekking, horse riding, 4x4 touring and so many more. The Regional Natural reserve of the Verdon was founded in Mars 1997, it includes 43 communes from two departments and extends on nearly 178 000 hectares. Should you wish to visit by car, a trail of 19 spectacular belvederes that are sure to give you vertigo... I thought I didn't have it, until then! Then typical little villages not to be missed at the end of the belvederes' trail (or to sleep at)are Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, Aiguines or Sainte-Croix-de-Verdon... do not forget your camera! ...get ready for heights and truly great panoramic views.

The Cannes Calendar - events all year around

June - Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival
July - Nuits Musical de Le Suquet, start of Firework Competition
August - International Pyrotechnics /Fireworks Competition
September - International Yachting Festival
October - MIPCOM - International Film television cable satellite and video market
November - MAPIC - logistics and distribution
December - International Dance Festival

Spotting famous people

by Elainehead

"Cannes 2005"

I'm not really following who's coming this, other than The Star Wars and Sin City cast... After last year experience, I don't think I'm coming to Cannes this year, at least for the film festival.

In the meantime, check out this web diary:

Complete coverage from the festival, May 11-22

"Cannes 2004"

Festival de Cannes 2004
I only went to Cannes on 15 May 2004, to see the Shrek 2 cast, however, this year I had bad luck. My digital camera's battery level was low when the cast showed up and therefore, I missed many pictures opportunities. Besides that, the festival cars with the stars wouldn't drive slow enough for me to capture THAT moment!!! ARGHHHHHHHH!!!

And the pictures I succeeded taking were somewhat blurred... My camera zoom sucks as well...

I missed a GREAT opportunity of taking a picture of Mr. Tarantino. We were crossing a street near the train station and he was in a car with his window down!!!! Until I realized who was in the car...it was too late!!! Stoopid me!

Anyway, famous people I saw: Russian model Natalia Vodianova (she was nice enough to roll down her window and let me take her pic), Eddie Murphy, Julie Andrews, Rupert Everett and other French stars.

Gee, there were too many people (audience) for this year's festival. It was almost impossible to get close to the stars' cars.

Traffic was worst this year 2004 as well. We spent almost 1 hour to get from Le Cannet to Cannes!!! We spent then half an hour to find a place to park. We ended up parking in a forbidden place, luckily no parking ticket.

After our unsuccessful attempts to take pictures of the cast of Shrek 2. We started walking along la Croisette and decided to take a look at the Hotel Martinez, where we attended a concert at the beginning of this year... There were lots of people outside trying to spot someone famous. We stayed there for a while until I saw Kevin Bacon and his wife, then I said to my hubby, "oh, look, it's Kevin Bacon!". Then "suddenly" everybody recognized him! Pffff!!! Later, when I was talking to my mother-in-law about him, she told me she had never heard about him or his film Footloose.

Kevin Bacon and wife unit Kyra Sedgwick came to Cannes this year to present their movie "The Woodsman", which is running for the Caméra d'Or, at the 36th Directors' Fortnight.

"2003"

I've been to California before but during my whole 3-month staying I haven't spotted one single famous star... And one afternoon in Cannes I saw David Lynch, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Geraldine Chaplin, Emily Watson, Tilda Swinton (the woman in blue coat on the photo), Kristin Scott Thomas, Pedro Almod?var, Maria de Medeiros, Juliette Binoche, Emma de Caunes, Naomi Watts, Roman Polanski, Robert Pires, Jeremy Irons and Patricia Kaas.

Comments