10 rue de la Rampe, Cannes, 06400, France
Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Cannes

Château de la Castre - museum.Château de la Castre - museum.

SolitudeSolitude

Palais des Festivals, seen from le SuquetPalais des Festivals, seen from le Suquet

Cannes city lights hang like ornamental earrings iCannes city lights hang like ornamental earrings i

Transportation

by pedalpusher

I am flying into Marseille this next June. I have reserved a hotel in St Tropez for a couple nights and then Cannes for 1 night. The rest of the trip will be in Provence. Should I rent a car and try to drive along the Cote d'Azur? I have heard it is crazy packed with cars and no parking. Or should I train/bus this part of the trip and then rent a car once I get to Avignon? If I train it, how best to go from Marseille to St Tropez?? I read that the train do not go through St Tropez and so I would have to catch a bus or boat??

Re: Transportation

by Dumpymotel

Wow.. Sounds like a wonderful trip. I am jealous.

I would suggest if you love to drive then rent a car and don't worry about the traffic or parking because the roads between Cannes and St. Tropez are beautiful and don't have as much traffic..... Now in Cannes itself it is the parking that is the problem, however you can call you hotel and ask if there is a garage nearby and see if they can reserve a space for you.

If you don't really like to drive then take a bus.
if you love to drive then you must drive or you will be missing out.

You might want to have a look at my Cannes and St. Tropez pages. Have a great trip !!

Travel Tips for Cannes

*The* hang-out during the Cannes Film Festival

by emilesc about La Pizza

Huge - two-story. Insanely schmoozy during the festival, probably quieter otherwise. Service was a bit slow. Had the four-cheese pizza. I'm from Chicago, so this was not the best I've ever had, but it had gorgonzola cheese in it, and American four-cheese pizza rarely has blue cheese in the mix. Salty in that good way. Also had the vanilla ice cream with chestnut sauce, which seems to be big in Cannes (see La Mere Beisson tip).

le Majestic

by MM212

Built in 1926, le Majestic is yet another legendary hotel in Cannes. It is another Art Déco landmark and a symbol of luxury on the curving corniche. The hotel is located on the Croisette opposite le Palais des Festival, and therefore is a convenient choice for some celebrities attending the Film Festival. The official hotel name is Majestic Barrière.

Lord Brougham's Villa Elinore

by NiceLife

Queen Victoria's Lord Chancellor had this villa built and named after his sickly daughter, Elinore Louise. It's now tastefully converted into apartments in what was the heart of the 19th century British community in western Cannes, towards La Bocca. The villa is a short walk from the neighbouring Villa Rothchild, in a private road.

No Cannes Do

by rickyvilla81

Now, it is a great thing to phone home saying, hey y'all (in my London accent), I'm in Cannes. And so I did, but I also added, I've decided not to stay the night. Cannes is not as great as I had imagined. Having been to Nice - a vastly nicer place - I was let down by the bulk of Cannes. I found it rather dirty, and seedy. Once you reach the seafront, however, it all becomes like a film set, with the actors included. I had the misfortune to go during a smaller festival, in January, when i think lots of celebs were there, because i have never seen so many journalists and autograph hunters. And it was crazy! Just no fun! I had expected to stay the night, but couldn't find a room I liked, then just didn't want to stay. I was disappointed.
But, the beach itself was beyond gorgeous. It was incredible, lovely sand, big hotels, palm trees, and a coastline to die for - it was hard to believe this was Europe and not the Caribbean. Cannes is worth it for the beach alone. I watched the Sun go down, and it lit up the famous Carlton hotel in a shot straight from Hollywood.

Comments