126, avenue du 3 Septembre, Cap d'Ail, 06320, France
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Cap-d'Ail

Local sceneryLocal scenery

We Finally made it to MonacoWe Finally made it to Monaco

Dolphin not on the menuDolphin not on the menu

Plage MalaPlage Mala

holland

by tomjazz

dear members,i have a difficult question,j,ai travaille 40 ans passe a centre mediterraneen a cap d,ail.j,ai souvent visite la plage avec des etudents et parle beaucoup avecNINO le proprietier de restaurent(un ami)j,ai travaille au centre avec TONY VOS aussi une hollandais pendent 3 annee,s.il y a beaucoup change je pense mail tu conet de persones qui j,ai dier?au centre j,ai suis receptionist telephonist et au bar le soir.je suis tres curieus.?a bientot j,esperre.tom schoemaker.(p.s.mon tends au plage chez vous cette le plus bon tends en mon vie)

by tango_jd

In case it helps - Alta Vista's Babel Fish translator show the post to read:

I have work 40 years passes has Mediterranean center has course d' garlic.
I often have visit the beach with etudents and speaks much with NINO the proprietier about restore (a friend)
I have work in the center with TONY YOUR also Dutch hang 3 year, s' there is much change I think email you conet people who I have dier? in the center J, have am receptionist telephonist and with the bar the evening. I am very curieus.?
have soon I esperre.tom schoemaker. (p.s.mon tend to the beach on your premise this good tend in my life)

by mccalpin

Hmmmn, between the use of the "," as an accent and what I believe is non-native French, this is what I think the OP is saying:

"I worked 40 years ago at a Mediterranean center at Cap d'Ail (a small seaside town near Monaco). I often visited the beach with some students and spoke a lot with Nino, the owner of a restaurant (a friend). I worked in the center with Tony Vos (and) also a Dutch girl (for?) three years. I think there (must be) a lot of changes, but do you know the people I'm talking about? In the center I was the telephone receptionist and (I was) in the bar during the evenings. Farewell, I hope. Tom Schoemaker. (P.S. my (time?) at the beach with you (was) the best (time) of my life)"

OK, French speakers, how does that sound to you? ;-)

Bill

by zone_de_guerre

Je ne suis pas sure si tu me comprends mais utilise le site www.infobel.com peut etre pour chercher pour un numero du telephone ou les pages jaunes?

by mccalpin

O....Pedrissimo, maybe it is not good French, but it's the French Tom remembers from 40 years ago...think of the romance of looking for old friends from your "childhood" heh heh...il ha le cœur d'un romatique!

Bill

Travel Tips for Cap-d'Ail

Cap d'Ail - perfect villas in a perfect setting

by NiceLife

"Villa "The Rock" at Cap D'ail"

At the very end of the promentory of Cap D'Ail sits the Villa "The Rock" of Prince Jean Louis Faucigny-Lucinge, French aristocrat, whose best known and most frequent visitor was Greta Garbo.

Cap D'ail shelters many exlusive luxurious villas, some of which can be seen from the Sentier Littoral which traces a rocky seaside path from Cap D'ail some two to three kilometres to Fontveille Monaco.

"Villa Les Funambules"

Gorgeous white villa of French comic actor and director Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) who came of age in the glittering and frivolous demi-monde of Parisian theatre., and went on to feature in 120 films and plays.

It is a ravishingly beautiful villa overlooking the sea, and its roof terrace setting for dining out is just perfect. Picture yourself sitting out watching the sun set. A little more chilled Chablis? Yes! Yes!

"Villa Le Chien Bleu"

Closest to the sea is the Villa Le Chien Bleu, whose owners have included writer Meredith Brown, actress Peggy Joyce and smart set Parisian society beauticians sisters Caritta of Boulevard St Honore, Paris.

A few hundred yoards further is the Villa La Capponcina (not visible from the walk) , owned by press magnate Lord Beaverbrook, whose guests included Winston Churchill, then in his eighties.

A mediterranean villa is not a thing for itself, it is a key to high society.

Comments