Our Members Say
- Reviews: 175
Camping Les Cigales: Yes, more frugality
On our trip to Provence this year we were on a budget - we'd decided to splurge on food, but make up for it by saving on accomodations and so we camped everywhere. There is one campground in the city limits of Cassis, and it is this one. The sites are a bit close together, but all in all it is a good campground, and if it is climbing weather you will run into other rock climbers here.
It is about a 15-20 minute walk into downtown Cassis and the seaside. Prices are good, and dogs and camper vans are allowed (bring your pet passport - they do want to see a current rabies vaccination). Facilities were very clean, but as we found all over French campgrounds - bring your own toilet paper!
As this is the only campground in town if you are travelling in July or August you may find the campground full (in June it was not). We hear that if you ask them nicely (probably better to do this in French), they may reserve you a place - but if you arrive late don't expect them to hold it!
Unique Quality: This campground has a decent camp store and a nice camp bar. At night it is a bit of a locals hangout in the back around the boule court (don't walk across the grounds while a game is going on - steel boules fly at speed!) where the younger generation hone their skills while sucking down pastis (licorice flavored strong liquor) and smoke. The front patio of the bar has outdoor tables too, and this tends to be where the tourists/campers hang out. Naturally we sat at the back and watched the boule games each night! ;-)
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Popular Hotels in Cassis
Plage du Bestouan, Cassis
6, avenue du 11 Novembre, Cassis
Route des Calanques, Cassis
Explore the World
- HERITAGE TORAJA
- Diamond Bay Resort & Golf
- Canyon Village Campground
- Gulhane Park Hotel
- Elizabetes Nams
- Mountain Music Inn
- Center Hotel
- Chartfield Guest House
- Holmwood House Hotel
- Baby Grand Hotel Athens
- Doubletree Club Hotel - Largo
- Chisos Basin Campground
- First Hotel Grand Falun
- Cassis: Save money, Book now !
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Cassis: Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Cassis: Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Cassis: Great Rooms. Great Rates.
- Travelocity Hotel rooms at up to 50% off.
Latest Cassis hotel reviews
- Hotel Le Commerce
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 2, 2012
- Cassis: Book without the gamble!
- Tingo.com If prices drop after you book, Get Money Back automatically!
- Cassis: Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
- Cassis: Discount Hotel Rooms
- Priceline.com Book now.
- Cassis: Save on Hotel + Flight Packages
- Expedia Vacations Book with Best Price Guarantee. Click or call now: 1 - 800-713-8214