More about Mas Pomona
Wonderful experience for our honeymoon trip
After reading the swathe of positive reviews on this B&B, we decided to book for 4 nights for our honeymoon. The experience met all expectations - it was wonderful.
We were pleased to find soon after arriving that a group of 3 in the B&B had returned for their second stay - a good sign.
David and Marianne are the perfect hosts, and spent considerable time with us giving us ideas of things to do, where to eat, detailed instructions, maps, stories about the locals, and a lovely glass of wine on arrival.
The Mas is exactly as it appears on the website. It has a wonderful old world feel with new conveniences, and has been decorated beautifully by Marianne. Our room overlooked the courtyard on one side, and the fields on the other, had a great shower and limestone floors.
Without knowing exactly where Cheval Blanc was, we were pleasantly surprised to find that it's in a great spot - very easy to reach all the places we wanted to visit. The town has a good local restaurant which other guests visited and recommended, but we went further afield for our meals - but still only 15 - 20 mins drive and had some memorable experiences.
We were in the Luberon over Easter, and had a great time at the enormous antique fair at Isle Sur La Sorgue, and bought an extra bag to bring home our purchases from St Remy, in particular. Shopping aside, the landscape and history in the region is amazing.
We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.
A wonderful place
We must agree with the other reviews that Mas Pomona is a gem. My husband and I just returned from Provence, and had a wonderful four night stay with our charming host and hostess at this lovely b&b. When I think of b&b, I envision a tiny, cramped room with rickety antiques. On the contrary, our room at Mas Pomona was peaceful, comfortable and spacious, with a lovely bathroom, great shower, comfy bed.....everything one would need. Absolutely pristine! Marianne and David are warm and welcoming and make you feel that this is your home while you are with them. We had lovely weather, and despite the chilly water temp, even swam in the gorgeous pool! We would love to return to Mas Pomona some day with our family and take all 5 rooms. It's a great home base for visiting lots of towns in beautiful Provence. Can't recommend it more highly. Thank you Marianne and David for such a wonderful stay.
Best Bed and Breakfast
The best location, facility and hosts can be found at this charming Bed and Breakfast called Mas Pamonas at Cheval Blanc just outside of Cavillion. You can tour the Luberon hillside towns, vineyards, Avillion, St. Remy d'Provence and more, all within 20 - 30 minutes away. The bed and breakfast is exquisitely appointed. Marianne and David serve up the most amazing croissants you will taste in France, along with fresh baguettes, yogurt and fruit, coffee, tea,and steamed milk for their daily breakfasts. You can wake up with a refreshing swim, or cool down in the evening with a relaxing dip.
our home in the provence from 21/05 tot 25/05
Returning from a lunch in Arles in a excellent restaurant recommended by Marianne and David, we had to make a choice. Would we visit Avignon or go home? Because it was to hot we decided to go home.
We believe this is the essence of this review, we didn't went back to the B&B or the hotel, but we went HOME.
We had a lovely room, Granny and the house is just what we are looking for on holiday. Quiet, nice swimming pool, lovely surroundings and we will not forget the extra attentions by Marianne and David. They are always helpful and trying to make your stay a more pleasant one.
We especially liked the summer kitchen where you can store some cool beverages and have your own quick lunch.
We will return to the Provence and to Mas Pomona.
Lies and Michel
Mas Pomona,a great spot to explore Provence
When I stayed here recently in the final few weeks of a 60 week round the world trip I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find such a lovely spot.
Not only was the whole place stunningly designed and kept but the hospitality of David & Marianne went beyond the call of duty.They even took me to their favourite local restaurant for lunch which was not only a delight but also very affordable and is quite typical of their helpful attitude.
My room was just about the best I'd had in the whole trip and I had the most comfortable nights sleep and then finally woke to great views of the Luberon in the morning.
Access to Cheval Blanc from all directions is so easy which makes it a perfect base to explore the whole of Provence and I certainly intend to become a 'regular' visitor.
Charming Choice - Mas Pomona
We visited Provence and stayed in St Remy de Provence, Cheval Blanc and Gordes. We now regret that we didn't just stay in Mas Pomona in Cheval Blanc as it is so perfectly positioned to visit the other two places, in fact the whole of Provence. Every time we moved it cost us a half day and Mas Pomona was so tranquil and beautiful, Marianne and David so helpful, in fact a mine of information. The also advised us on where to visit and they recommened and booked some fantastic restaurants in the area. All in all a great option.
Look No Further...Mas Pomona Is Your Answer!
My husband and I recently returned from Provence and stayed here a week for the second leg of our honeymoon. Mas Pomona is most definitely the place to stay if you are looking for a beautiful bed and breakfast in the most convenient location in Provence. Here are some of the highlights of our stay at Mas Pomona and reasons to book immediately with confidence:
1) The hosts! I cannot say enough great things about David and Marianne. They were so helpful to us from the beginning stages of inquiring about the different rooms at the Mas, up until our departure for the airport. You could literally show up not having read a single travel guide on Provence and have the best experience there based on David and Marianne's recommendations alone. They gave us recommendations on everything - from which towns to visit/skip, where to eat lunch, which markets to visit, what wine to drink, even how ask for hay fever allergy medication at the pharmacy! They made dining reservations and inquired about activities all on our behalf. They are so welcoming and really let you feel like their mas is your home too. David and Marianne are just good fun too! Aside from being gracious, helpful hosts they were fun to chat with and
2) The rooms and ambience of the mas! Marianne is a former interior designer and it shows! David and Marianne worked on their old stone farmhouse for two years, putting love and care into the renovations and have created a lovely B&B which has already been featured in a variety of publications! The ambience is "fresh Provence," with details like local French limestone, crisp white beds and pastel accents with relevant decoration. The grounds are lovely as well, beautifully landscaped with local vegetation (plane trees, lavandin, etc.) and feature an outdoor covered terrace for breakfasts and cozy evenings by the beautiful fireplace. In addition, there is an outdoor kitchen area where we could make dinners from fresh ingredients at local markets (rotisserie chicken, vegetables, fruit, fresh baguette, cheese and wine) and sit by the fire with other guests. The fresh saltwater pool is magnificent as well, refreshing after a long day of walking around in beautiful Luberon towns!
3) The location! Mas Pomona in Cheval Blanc is close to everything you want to see! The Luberon towns are worth the trip alone - you could skip the big, obvious towns and be totally fulfilled! Our favorites were Gordes, Menerbes, Roussillon, Lourmarin and Bonnieux. We were close to the Alpilles region, filled with lovely towns as well - like Les Baux, Saint Remy, Eygalieres. The drive to all these towns is breathtaking! Whether it features mountains, olive trees, lavender, vineyards or fruit trees, you will enjoy the drives as much as the sites. As for the big towns, we visited Avignon which was good, except I would visit this first, because after visiting the towns in the Luberon and Alpilles it could be disappointing. We skipped Aix, based on the reviews by fellow guests who preferred the Luberon towns, and just drove through it on our way back to the Marseille-Provence Airport, which was a convenient route. We are so glad we did! Arles was a worthy visit, especially due to our Michelin lunch at L'Atelier de Jean-Luc Rabanel - which David recommended and set up for us. We are forever grateful for that 16 course lunch!
4) The fellow guests! One of the great surprises about staying at Mas Pomona were the fellow guests who made our stay even more enjoyable and comfortable. We met some fabulous people from all over the world and made friends with others staying there. (Hi to Brad, Sara and Ruby!) Although we all came from different corners of the globe, we all shared a common interest in good food, wine, travel, culture, history and joie de vivre. And of course, a heavy dependence on Tripadvisor, which is how most of us found Mas Pomona. We really enjoyed spending evenings by the fire with the fellow guests and David and Marianne.
5) The food! Our hosts set up a beautiful and delicious breakfast every morning - freshly baked croissants, baguettes, soft-boiled eggs, yogurt, seasonal fresh fruit, OJ, coffee, tea and jams. This breakfast got me up in the mornings, and I am not a morning person. Waking up to the smells of fresh brewed coffee and baking croissants is heaven! Additionally, the food all over Provence is amazing, and David and Marianne provide the best recommendations for everything.
We loved June in Provence, but would like to visit the different seasons there and at Mas Pomona as well. It seems like a great place to visit year-round. Additionally, Mas Pomona would be the perfect location for a family/friends reunion as it feels like a personal villa whether you have booked one room or all five. The layout of the mas is spacious, yet cozy...
We have already began to think about when we can visit Mas Pomona and Provence again. I am hopeful there will be many future visits! If you are reading this, I recommend you look no further and book a room at Mas Pomona now. Word has gotten out about how fabulous this B&B is, so I would book immediately. The five lovely and unique rooms go fast!
The glory of the Luberon replete with discerning hosts
Not only is Mas Pomona a lovingly restored Provencal farmhouse with an elegant garden, stunning pool and incredibly comfortable rooms, the property boasts David & Marianne Wilkinson, innkeepers who will immediately amplify your Provencal experience from brilliant to transcendent.
My fiancee and I had the privilege of spending 4 nights amongst the apple trees of Mas Pomona in June for our honeymoon. I have traveled all over the world and my wife has lived in France, yet the realm of the Luberon felt as unique and glorious as many have written. The proximity of the inn to Medieval hilltop villages is unbelievable. Within 30 minutes, you can be in myriad villages overlooking the hills and vineyards of the Luberon.
Need savvy dining advice? Simply consult David & Marianne over your delicious breakfast and not only will you get the insider scoop on local, tourist-free spots, but you may even find yourself in scintillating conversation in topics ranging from food, art, design, politics and even Keith Richards. And, dog lovers will find great happiness in the stellar Jack Russell duo.
Regardless of your passion -- be it food, wine, art, hiking, riding, fly-fishing, etc. -- David & Marianne will help you pursue it in the Luberon.
Thank you, David & Marianne; I hope we return to Mas Pomona.
Ideal location; elegant; comfortable; friendly hosts
With its central location for exploring Provence, the elegance and simplicity of its decor, and its friendly, knowledgeable owners, Mas Pomona is the ideal chambre d'hôte. Hosts Marianne and David Wilkinson have created a comfortable and authentically Provencale B&B. We thoroughly enjoyed our six days based at Mas Pomona ... with our only regret being that we didn't have more time there.
Wendy & Greg Flynn
The perfect rustic retreat! We enjoyed every minute of our stay at Mas Pomona thanks to the fantastic hospitality of David and Marianne. This place is a real find and definitely ticks all the boxes if you are looking for cosy chic in the heart of Provence. The rooms are beautifully presented and breakfast outside every morning was a real treat. David and Marianne are real foodies and recommended the best restaurants - not to mention Auberge de Chevral Blanc which really ought to have a Michellen star! A nice alternative to going out is picnic by the pool and we did this with a bottle of red, some to-die-for gorgonzola and mascopone cheese and tomotoes picked from the garden - the best ever! We will definitely return - no doubt with a group of friends in tow!