Residhotel Le Virginia

Le Virginia M Vacances
Booking.com Priceline.com Orbitz.com

More about Grasse

Grasse FranceGrasse France

The main purpose to visit Grasse was to see the FrThe main purpose to visit Grasse was to see the Fr

Grasse, visiting at the marketGrasse, visiting at the market

Heraldic Arms of Alpes-Maritimes (Grasse & Nice)Heraldic Arms of Alpes-Maritimes (Grasse & Nice)

Restaurant in Grasse

by AnneBrown

I am traveling with two 17 year old girls and another mother this July. We are staying in Cannes and will take the bus to Grasse. Since we think we want to spend the better part of the day there, I would like the names of some reasonably priced restaurant in the pedestrian area. Have any good recommendations? Also if anybody know what number bus we want to take to Grasse form Cannes, that would eliminate any angst in finding that info once we are in France.

by NiceLife

The bus options are 600/610 Cannes-Grasse. However you would do as well to take the train that now runs between Cannes and Grasse rather than the bus - much quicker and more reliable.

Cheers

by jode2000

I used to live and studied in Grasse during 2000-2001, if you can and like lovely country side etc visit paymeinade, there is a restaurant bar there but if you take a walk through town, walk up the valley and along the small stream that passes all the vine yards, its lovely! The locals will show you the way!
Otherwise there are some nice restaurants in Biot or Antibes to try out!

by jode2000

Otherwise there are some nice restaurants in Biot or Antibes to try out! As for bus numbers? haven't got a clue, i took my chances and drove until giving up through stress and then used the train system between Monaco and Nice which is very reliable for that journey.

Travel Tips for Grasse

Fountains, Grasse has a wet history

by Pavlik_NL

Everywhere you walk through Grasse and watch carefully, there are fountains, drinking places and water tap points. Of course the fountains jump into the eye as they often are centrally located on squares and quite large. Ilja is crazy about (running) water and so he pointed us out to every little dripping item and we came to the conclusion that Grasse must have something with water. Indeed, this location has many sources and was therefore already in medieval times a oasis for mankind, animals as well as the growing of crops.

the nose knows

by lulujones

here's a picture of "the nose," taking a coffee break. they say, these mad olfactory scientists must train for 10 years to fully develop the abiility to mix, match and identify the correct essenses to create a great perfume.

Recommended Reading:
PERFUME by patrick susskind

Interior of the Notre-Dame-du-Puy

by Pavlik_NL

When entering the cathedral Notre-Dame-du-Puy one immedietaly noticed that this church is old ... very old. The large blocks that form the columns and the roof that is scarsely lit by the sun that enters through not that many windows. The church is decorated with wonderful paintings and amazing statues. Among it's treasure are three Rubens-paintings and a wonderful threefold of Louis Brea. Also Sebastian Bourdon made a work of art for the cathedral and that industrials know only how to make money is proven wrong by Fragonard, that has a great painting hanging here.

Visiting Grasse as part of an educational exchange

by gordonilla

"A long time ago....."

When I was a student at Kirkcaldy College of Technology in Fife Scotland - I particpated in an exchange trip which was an excellent experience. A group of 14 people - 3 staff and 11 students travelled in the college mini bus through Europe and one of our stops was in Grasse.

We stayed as guests of the local community and lived with families in the area.

It is such a long time ago, I have lost my photographs from the time and I sadly have forgotten the name of my host family.....it may have been Rossanino, but I am not 100% unsure.

The group arrived at the height of the annual music and language festival. Sadly my recollection of this event was that we, the Scottish students, were all rather tired. I personally found it hard to stay awake during a very lively concert that was taking place that evening. In fact I am sure if you had looked around the audience you would have seen many young heads bobbing and nodding as they tired to stay awake for some of the wonderful folk music which was being performed.

We were well looked after by the community and had an enjoyable time, even if we had been travelling in our bright yellow bus for some 4 weeks prior to this.

Happy days!