Citea Marseille Saint-Charles

Tags

Trains
See Amenities
Nemorino's Profile Photo

Adagio Access Marseille Saint Charles (ex-Citéa)

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 1, 2013

This is an Aparthotel, meaning that the rooms all have little kitchenettes in them. I didn’t need the kitchenette, but what I did need was a reasonably priced hotel that was very close to the station, because I would be arriving quite late in the evening on the new TGV train from Frankfurt.

As you can see from the first, fourth and fifth photos, the hotel really is very close to the station. I had a bit of trouble finding it, however, because the exit for Rue Honnorat is inconspicuously labeled and one crucial sign is missing. The easiest thing is to follow the signs to the bus terminal, because that is where Rue Honnorat begins – but I didn’t know that when I first arrived.

But when I finally found the hotel, it was fine. The room was large, clean, comfortable and soundproofed. There was an internet connection in the room via cable (LAN as opposed to WLAN) at no additional charge.

I paid 86.00 Euros per night for a double room, because they didn’t have any singles. For two people, the price would have been the same. But I thought the price was not unreasonable, considering the convenient location. Breakfast cost 7.70 Euros extra per day, which I also found acceptable.

And I enjoy looking at trains, so I liked the view from my window (fifth photo).

Directions: Nearest le vélo bike stations 1316, 1345 and 1301. Location on le vélo map

Nearby Citea Marseille Saint-Charles

5 Photos of Citea Marseille Saint-Charles

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Citea Marseille Saint-Charles

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Marseille Travel Forum

Need advice about Marseille, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Marseille and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Marseille hotel reviews