Etap Hotel Marseille la Valentine

Booking.com

Tags

Budget Travel Travel with Pets Road Trip
Elainehead's Profile Photo

Feels like sleeping on an ashtray

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 19, 2010

It was easy to find with the GPS. Luckily we got there before 9 PM because there's no one after that time at the reception desk. No card keys, so you are given only a code that will be used to open your room, parking lot and the hotel's main entrance door. Everything looked fine, until we got to our room on the second floor. As soon as we left the elevator, there was this strong smell of cigarette. I think it was probably by someone who's smoking in their room, but when we got to our room (which was supposed to be a non-smoking one), the smell was still there. We opened the window, so the odor would dissipate a bit. We closed the window before going out and when we came back, and ready to sleep, all the bed linen still had a very strong smell of cigarette, especially the pillows and duvet. I tried to use the duvet, but I got cold during the night and I was obliged to use it. I wore a hoodie to avoid the bad smell from the pillow on my hair.
Now to the bathroom, it was kinda clean, except by the mold on the ceiling.
Breakfast is only served from 6h30 AM, so we didn't take it 'cause we had to leave before.

Unique Quality: Cheap (paid 48.60 €) and near Ikea La Valentine and the highway.

Nearby Etap Hotel Marseille la Valentine

Marseille Travel Forum

Need advice about Marseille, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Marseille and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Marseille hotel reviews