Moustiers-Sainte-Marie Hotels

Our Members Say

• englishchris profile photo englishchris
  • Reviews: 34

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Le Relais: An unfriendly welcome that got worse

How you are treated in life, makes a huge difference to your experience. You would think that if you ran a hotel, you would realise the benefit of treating your guests with a certain level of courtesy, and respect, but this is not what we received. Consequently this is the only bad review and negative hotel recommendation I have ever made.

We booked this hotel months ago on the internet. My wife and I look fairly presentable and are pleasant enough people. So being welcomed with scowls from the management was a bit of a surprise. Fair enough I thought - everyone has an off day. However things did not get better, and requests to make use of the hotels dedicated parking spaces were evaded, and I was dismissively directed to park down the road. The result was that I got a parking ticket. The manageress was totally unsympathetic, and refused to give any advice on how to pay the fine, despite reading through the instructions printed in French, she would not tell me what I needed to do.
The room itself was clean and large enough, but the noise from the waterfall below is LOUD and CONSTANT, and the lack of air conditioning makes it too hot to close the windows to block it out.
There are a number of other hotels in Moustiers (although few of them are have a website), and if you are contemplating staying in the village, then I would definately avoid the Le Relais, as it is a very unpleasant experience.

Very unpleasant management.

Slightly larger than average rooms

Loud noise from the waterfall

• Opinion of Price: about average