All Seasons Nice Vieux Port

Ibis Styles Nice Vieux Port
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Agoda.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Great Value

I stayed with my two daughters (18 + 16) and we had a blast. The hotel was a great value. It was safe, centraly located and the staff was very friendly. I felt it was a great value for the price. I recommend staying here and enjoying the money you save at the waterfront restaraunts. I wold stay here again.

Unique Quality: renovated, large bathroom

• FinElina's Profile Photo

Nice accommodation :)

I stayed for one week in Comfort Hotel Nice Vieux Port in August 2007. The hotel is very comfortable and clean, staff speaks good English, is helpful and happy, breakfast is tasty (Mediterranean), rooms are air-conditioned (sometimes the cooling was a bit too much but you can turn it off also), rooms are spacious, bathrooms clean and well equipped. Rooms have tv & hairdryer. Cleaning every day.

Directions: Very near the port, to the beach about 1 kilometer. Many grocery stores nearby.

• JulesRules's Profile Photo

Less expensive, and less attractive, near the port

My second stay in Nice in the period of 11 days was actually planned for the Kyriad Centre Port hotel.
    As I arrived I didn't particularly like the sight of it: very modern with small windows. As it appeared they were overbooked and I had to check in with their neighbours: Hotel Comfort Nice Vieux Port.

I would never book this hotel again. Yes, the room was very large, but had only a small window that overlooked a roof terras, so during daytime I had it locked because anybody could have just wandered in.
    Needless to say I had no view, except for the direct neighbours.

There was no minibar, and the safe box cost me 3,50 euro a day.

And then the bathroom!
    There was a shower curtain alright, but no cubicle and all the water was flooding towards the rest of the very small bathroom: under the sink and under the toilet. I noticed before that the toilet seat was very high. I'm quite tall myself but I could barely put my feet to the ground while sitting on the seat, and know I know why! I would have had wet feet!

One positive point is that it's very quiet. The hotel is located in the port neighbourhood, and there's hardly any traffic.

Location:
    about five minute walk to the port and five minute walk to the old town.
    Beach is about 15 to 20 minutes walk away.

I payed 68 euro per night for one person.

Directions: Port neighbourhood

More about All Seasons Nice Vieux Port

Hotel Recommendations

by MeredithK

My friend and I will be in Nice this Saturday and Sunday nights and I currently have 2 hotel reservations but I am not sure which one to keep and which to cancel.

The first choice is at the Comfort Hotel Nice Vieux Port. We got a good rate and it looks pretty good and seems to be in a good location, but we're going to be taking the train to Cannes one day and Monaco the next and it seems a little far from the train station.

The other choice is Hotel Durante, which we also got a good rate at and it also seems decent. It's right near the train station, which would be convenient, but it seems kind of far from the water and the main part of town.

Does anyone have any suggestions for which hotel we should stay at?

Thanks!

Meredith

by Peter26.2

Hi there,

I would say go with the hotel located at the Vieux Port. This is an ideal location to go and walk on the sea shore.
And really unless you have a lot of luggage you are only 10/15 minutes away from the train station that will lead you to Cannes or Monaco (two different directions).

Enjoy your stay there. I was there two summers ago working and i was living at the Vieux Port. Perfect.

Take care,
Patrick.

by NiceLife

The last place you want to stay in Nice is "right near the station". Stick with the Comfort. The station is a fifteen minute walk from the port - thats about close enough. There are many other choices but if you are happy with your deal stick with it.

Cheers
Andrew

by MeredithK

Thanks so much for the info from both of you! We will go with the Comfort Hotel then. Thanks again!

Comments