Citea Nice Magnan

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Citea Nice Magnan

Socca at Chez Theresa on Cours SaleyaSocca at Chez Theresa on Cours Saleya

Port de Nice, FrancePort de Nice, France

at the beachat the beach

Espace MassenaEspace Massena

Hotels in Nice..are these any good?

by madgame

- Locarno

- Kyriad Nice Centre Gare (though Id like to avoid this one because its close to the rail station, which is said to be a not so nice place especially at night)

- Best Western Hotel Nautica

- Citea Nice Magnan

- Residence Nice Fleurs

If you have stayed in any of those hotels, I'd really appreciate to get some input from you guys! I'd also like to know how close they are to the beach and if they have internet connection that works (just in case, their internet sites aren't telling the whole truth...).

Thank you so much!

Nice Hotel Question

by freddieakers

Hello Everyone!
I have never been to Nice before and am very excited about it. I was wondering if those people who are familiar with the city could tell me if they have any objections to me staying at this Hotel called "CITEA NICE MAGNAN", located on "12 avenue de la californie". Just let me know if this is a good location for fun and safety (generally speaking because I understand that big European cities are not completely safe. Just want to make sure that I am not in the Ghetto.) Thank you VERY much for your help on this. I am actually planning this trip for me and a bunch of friends, so whatever positive things that you have to say about the area would be most appreciated because the mothers of my friends would feel more comfortable in their kids going on my trip, knowing that knowledgeable people of this area approve of my choice of location and hotel.

Many Thanks!!

RE: Nice Hotel Question

by NiceLife

Avenue Californie and Magnan district is really quite a way out of the centre of Nice. Whilst you will be a hundred yards from the beach, the beach in Nice is not the point - its frankly its stony nothing that runs all the way to the airport - you will face quite a long walk to all of the attractions of the centtre and old Nice. You could do much better if you went for something more central. I have some suggestions on my pages but I have no commercial interest and its down to you. Personally I wouldn't stay that far out. Its not unsafe - its just a bit out on a limb and dull.

Cheers
Andrew

Travel Tips for Nice

So you think you're a real Nissart?

by ange_famine

Do you think you've spent enough time in Nice? Then all those sentences should apply to you.
If not, please come back (or create new questions as a pretext to come back) THE TOWN ITSELF

- You know what the Paillon is and where it flows
- You know what the Jetee Promenade was and where it was situated

THE HABITS

- You've been to a Fete des Mai in Cimiez
- You know the colours of the traditional costume
- You've had a barbecue on the beach (yes, I know, it's probably illegal, now)

THE FOOD

- You've tasted: socca, gnocchi, farcis, tourta de blea, pissaladiere and a few other specialities
- You know that Monaco is a town but also a drink. What colour?
- You've been to Fenocchio and tasted weird ice-cream flavours (basil, smurf,...)

THE WAY YOU SAY IT

- You say "La Prom'" and not "La Promenade des Anglais"
- You say "le cours" and not "le cours Saleya"
- You say "le Vieux" and not "le vieux Nice"
- You say "Jean Med'" and not "L'avenue Jean Medecin"

THE BEACH

- You can walk barefoot on hot pebbles
- But you'd rather go to Villefranche or Antibes for sandy beaches
- You know the meaning of the phrase "Que cagnard"

THE LOCALS

- You know who Catherine Segurane is
- You know who Mado la Nicoise is
- You've seen Leon (the mad guy with a guitar asking for cigarettes), punk, the dancer dressed like Michael Jackson, and the Vietnamese guy who sings in two voices

THE LANGUAGE OF NICE

by lulujones

While meandering the winding narrow alleys of Old Town Nice, open up your senses to the quirky sound of the Nice dialect, and notice the street signs written in French as well as "Nissart", Nice's unique language.

Nice's long, tumultuous history has wildly influenced the current Nissart, incorporating Roman, Proven?al and French vocabulary, YET! it still somehow manages to retain its Nice specificity.

Overlooking Monaco

by goglobe

Cruise eastward along the promenade to the high point, the beach head, and look over the beautiful harbour of Monaco. By all means go all the way down if you are ready to climb the gradient again. See how strong the wind blows on a well-tanned me up this vantage point.

Parc Phoenix

by NiceLife

Close to the airport is Parc Phoenix -whose large glass pyramid - the largest of its kind in Europe - holds fabulous displays of tropical palms and plants. From orchids to rainforest beauties. And in the grounds is an artificial lake, with terrapins and many varieties of waterfowl. The gardens are colourful and it is something a bit different, if you have had enough of shopping.

The highlight however is the indoor animal sections, with a reptile house where the "dragons " roam free within the enclosure, a section of creepy crawlies - spiders, scorpions and a slow moving chameleon, and a pool in which there are flat fish whose party piece is to float up and allow you to stroke their tummies.

For only two euros its a great half day out.

Young Club

by caribou_ire about Saramanga

My 3 friends and i were recommended by some locals to visit 'Saramanga'. Unfortunately (?) me and one of my pals didn't get get it. Apparently our trousers were too baggy! None the less, the other two waltzed on inside and left us out on the street! The two of us went elsewhere and eventually back to our apartment. The next morning we were told many a fabulous stories of Saramanga from the 2lads who did get in. They made it out to sound like a hell of a lotta fun. Maybe it was. We decided that we would buy some hair-clips to keep our trousers up, hence, get in to Saramanga that night. And so we did.
I was expecting Saramanga to be fun, exciting and full of 'cool' people. I was let down. It was just the same as any other 'club' i've ever been to. There was nothing in there to even suggest that i was in a foreign country. It was much the same as the few 'clubs' that dot my hometown -kilkenny- and i was not impressed. Typical poppy music blared out of the 'dj' box which was surrounded by teeny boppers requesting their favourite Justin Timberlake 'song'.
I was looking for an alternative scene, something unique to France, something new. What i didn't want to hear was English chart music. Obviously i shouldn't have gone there. Next time im in Nice, i shant be. Despite all these dissapointments, i was there with my 3friends and, sure enough we would find some way to enjoy ourselves. We spent a while dancing in the cages (cages!!) that surrounded the interior of the place, just taking the 'mick'. Soon enough however, we grew tired of that.
Needless to say we all left soon after. Try not to wear baggy trousers, although im not exactly how strict they are. A pair of shoes may help

Comments