3 rue Paul Deroulede, Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, 06000, France

Agoda.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• ampcarlos's Profile Photo

Hotel Florence

Okay, so first off we were not booked in this hotel. I had booked our stay at the Hotel Comfort Roosevelt. Upon arriving there, they said they were all booked up! What?! After driving for hours through the French Alps, we were tired and wanted to get our room and they say we didn't have a room. Their excuse was that they had a problem with their computer. The girl at the front desk said they tried to call us the day before our arrival (yeah, right! Checked our phone when we returned home and no incoming calls from them). They told us they booked us at a hotel equivalent to them and we had a room there. She then said we could come back to the hotel and have their breakfast and gave us 4 meal tickets that usually cost 8euro/pp. I think she did that because I was very upset. Frustrated, we trekked there. When we arrived the gal was going to give a double room at the rate of 105euro. I informed her we had to get either the double terrasse or junior suite because we were paying 125euro. After a bit of explaining to her, she agreed and gave us a junior suite that usually goes for 140euro. The room was nice. I'm sure much larger than the double. The bathroom ceiling just needs cleaning because there was a lot of mold growing. There's just not enough ventilation in there, so the mold grows. There's a mini fridge, safe, desk, tv, telephone, A/C. Walking distance (about 200 feet) to the mall where there's a public car park underground. It offers special rates for hotel guests.

More about Grand Hotel Le Florence

Apsolutely loved it

by TripAdvisor Member smcaffs

Me & my husband stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I found the hotel to be exceptionally central. The room was charming and very clean. The room was serviced every day with clean towels etc. The reception staff was quite pleasant. The weather was delightful. 22 degrees on the 8th November - where would you get that. We went to a bar called Ma Nolans Irish pub which the Manager was very friendly and took us around a few local pubs and made us feel very welcome. I would definately recommend to go to Ma Nolans for their Irish Grub (esp. the Steak & Guinness Pie). They have drinks promotions on every night till 9pm. Also the bands are outstanding. I am def going back next year. I booked my accom in www.findmeaccom.com which was quite cheap. Plus the easyjet flights. I have booked my mum, dad for C'mas to go out in March. The bus station & train station is just a 5/10 min walk. We got the 20 min train run into Monte Carlo €6.10 per person return- it was lovely to see but not much in it. I would highly recommend this hotel. The breakfast was quite basic but also very nice. The tram construction is going on till March next year but it doesn't cause too much trouble. I would exceedingly recommend Nice to anyone.

My partner and I stayed in this hotel from the 24th-27th of November this year and I would strongly recomend it. The rooms were cleaned and made up everyday and the staff were very nice and could speak very good english if you are not polished on your french. The location of the hotel was excellent as it was right in the centre of the main shopping area and it is very close to both the bus and train stations (5 min walk).
The breakfast is nice but basic. Would definately stay there again.

why the positive reviews?

by TripAdvisor Member amitkkk

Im baffled, whats with all the positive reviews. A 2 out of 5 is all can give this. This hotel is, yes, ok value in an expensive city, but more worthy of a 2 star rating. The rooms are pretty nasty, I switched when I was there, and there is nothing much else positive to say,apart from a very good location.

a pretty good choice

by TripAdvisor Member hulagirl76

We stayed in the Hotel Le Florence during our stay on the French Riviera. We chose the hotel because we read the reviews on this site and found a reasonable price on the internet through [-------------]. For the price ($98 US), I thought this hotel was quite a good find! The hotel is located within walking distance from the Nice train station, where you can take a train to Monaco, Eze, Cannes, St. Tropez and many other towns on the Riviera for 3 to 5 euro one way. Unfortunately, during our visit, Nice was undergoing a a huge construction project to build a tramway and many of the main streets were torn up, which detracted from the beauty of the town.

The lobby is small but pretty. The staff was friendly, quite willing to help, speak English and will arrange airport transportation, if needed. We only had one bad experience with the night clerk, but the rest of the staff was quite nice.

The rooms are above average in size when compared to other European hotels, especially those in London or Paris. The colors are vibrant, and the rooms well decorated and clean.

There is internet access for about 5 euro for 30 minutes or 9 euro per hour. There is also a 24 hour bar and morning breakfast.

Unfortunately, there are a few things that detract from this hotel's rating. The bathrooms are different in every room, some are nice and some need updates to the tile and bath.
When we tired of waiting on the elevator, we used the stairs, which needed cleaned. (We thought there was dog urine in a few places staining the marble stairs). Despite these things, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a convenient location, reasonable price and who does not expect a five star luxury hotel.

Very nice

by TripAdvisor Member AnnisL

My self and my husband have just returned from a hotel in the south of France where we spend 3 nights in the hotel. The hotel was very good, very central and clean. the rooms were cleaned well every day and air conditioning was excellent.

There is public parking available in a large underground car park across the road from the hotel. Hotel guests receive a discounted rate, however the car park is very expensive and cost us €38 for 3 days. There is a lovely little restaurant just outside of the hotel which is great for the foot weary. The staff are very friendly and helpful and speak english, however 1 major drawback to our stay was our interactions with the night porter with the shaved head. The man was incredibly rude, with a major attitude problem. He was also too busy surfing the internet to serve guests, we also witnessed him being very rude to other guests.

However its a lovely little hotel and I would stay there again (without the car).

Staff with attitude!

by TripAdvisor Member posystar

Single traveller. Paid in full before arrival. Hated room on back with airconditioning units lined up outside and fire escape alongside my window. Impossible to open window because of safety issues and the NOISE.Complained and asked for new room.Was told a charge of 60euros would be needed but a possibility for next day.Next day only a similar room on a higher floor was offered although stipulated in booking that only a low floor was to be considered.Female staff aggresive and VERY RUDE at each meeting.Male staff better but unable and unwilling to change my room or refund even if I changed hotel. AVOID THIS PLACE.There are many excellent hotels in Nice wanting business. Try one!

The Worst Experience Ever

by TripAdvisor Member Djordjo

We are traveling a lot, but this hotel is the worst experience we’ve ever had. We spend our vacation in Nice. The owner of this hotel ( Nicos or Nicolas Patat or something like that) was insulted us for couple of hours on the day we are leaving his hotel, with no reason. He and his wife were very, very rude, and very aggressive. He also said GO TO SERBIA!!! What does it mean? That people from Serbia is not welcome in his hotel? And why? He didn’t want to accept 1000 euros monet, and when he finally did, he gave us a change of 50 euros, all black, like he was take them from some ink. He didn’t want to give us clean monet for 3 hours. We try to buy something in the shop next to the hotel, but the lady didn’t want to accept them, and in the bank didn’t accept them also. We must go to the police station to take our money back. This hotel was very unclean, the bathroom was worse than one at some public toilet. It doesn’t smell good. The room we have was on back with airconditioning units lined up outside and fire escape alongside the window. Impossible to open window because of safety issues and the NOISE day and night. So, our advice is- if you decide to spend your vacation, a couple of weeks that you want to spend in peace with the people you love, don’t waste your time and nerves in this terrible hotel. THIS HOTEL IS A PLACE THAT YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY AVOID.

Perfect ! Small and friendly with a great location

by TripAdvisor Member saconnex

We stayed at this hotel twice on the same trip. Very clean and neet. The location is perfect - great shopping area, short walk to the Promenade des Anglais (beaches) and the train station. The management was so helpful and wonderful. They directed us on what to see and do in the city as well as offered up some wonderful choices for dinner.
We appreciated the guest satisfaction survey upon check-out, quite surprising for such a small hotel!
We would definitely return to the Grand Hotel!

by rebeccajc

Hello,

We have already booked the Grand Hotel Le Florence for a 5 night stay next month. I know it has mixed reviews but we found an extremly good offer on this hotel and thought we would risk it. However, I would like some information on it's location. It seems quite near the train station, so I am concerned it may be in a bad area. Does any one of the hotel? Should we be concerned?

Rebecca

RE: Grand Hotel Le Florence

by NiceLife

Le Florence perfectly situated in a mini-pedestrianised cut off the middle of the main shopping street Av Jean Medecin. I have walked by it many times and thought it would be a good choice to stay, and the location is safe and convenient for all the attractions of Nice. Everything is just a few minutes walk. The Railway Station is near - about six blocks away, but without being too near. You are a bit in the face of the tramworks about 50 yards off Jean Medecine (as is everyine), but again thats far enough away and it shouldn't bother you. You are on the edge of the Musiciens - streets all named after composers - which is very up market. If you wander off three blocks north towards the railway station up Rue Angleterre round the back of Notre Dame, there's a large car park which is the mini Arab quarter where the men hang around all day to chat.Not aware of actually any problem and again that's sufficiently distant not to be a problem. Summing it all up, if you have a good deal there is no reason to change. As for the service, perhaps someone who has stayed is better qualified than I !

Cheers
Andrew

RE: RE: Grand Hotel Le Florence

by mariocibelli

On the face of it, it seems a great hotel for a great price, the Albert 1er that is on the water and a three star has fake AC and postwar bathrooms...I would rather stay by the station in a nice hotel that you have some extra Euros to have a big pot of moules..also they seem to be more upscale for a lesser price due to their locale..not all, but most budget places I have seen..

RE: Grand Hotel Le Florence

by rebeccajc

Thank you for the information, you have reassured me. I am really looking forward to our visit.

Rebecca