Hotel Meyerbeer Beach

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 66% more than similarly rated 1 star hotels

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Hotel Meyerbeer beach

I heard of this place through their sister hotel/hostel.
    I thought it was a hostel but its more like a cheap hotel, although i think they do have dorm beds.
    I stayed in a double room with a kitchenette which was great so i could save money and cook for myself.
    It was 5o euro per night.
    Breakfast was about 7 euros but easier to make your own.
    The location is great, right in the centre of Nice and only 2min walk to the beach.
    Its a 10min walk to the station and 10min to the old town.
    rooms are small but what do you expect at this price.
    Perfect.

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Right near the beach

I heard of this place through their sister hotel/hostel.
    It was 5o euro per night.
    Breakfast was about 7 euros but easier to make your own.
    Its a 10min walk to the station and 10min to the old town.
    rooms are small but what do you expect at this price.
    Perfect.

More about Hotel Meyerbeer Beach

Sunday Nov 30, Nice France

by KarmaGirl13

"Sunday Nov 30, Nice France"

This morning I slunk to McDs and had a mcmuffin (minus the jambon) with a OJ and coffee... what can i say? It was only 3 euros and i was craving an egg!! oh well... i sat at the beach (it is a very rocky beach--no sand) and enjoyed my mcmeal. It was a really cloudy day, but it was still pretty.

Tried to talk the hotel into lowering my rate, but he wouldnt budge. I havent felt this ripped off for a room my entire trip. So, anyone considering going to Nice, avoid Hotel Meyerbeer Beach!! Talk about false advertising! No kitchenette, no phone in the room, free internet only until 9:30, no laundry facility. The only thing that was true was there was a bathroom in the room. Anyway... so i dumped my bag at the train station and went for a stroll. Checked out the old historic corner of town, which had some really cute cafes in bright colors, and other nice beautiques.

Then i wandered along the seaside, and listened to the water roll away from the rocks for quite some time. It sounded like popcorn, or grease popping, or light clapping, or something! It was nice, regardless! Wandered up the hill and around the harbor, then wandered into a man named Sammy who is originally from Syria but has lived in London for the past 18 years. He was in Nice looking at property to buy. So we wandered around town together for the rest of the day and kept eachother company. The water on the bay side was so much calmer, and SO incredibly clear and BLUE BLUE BLUE! I bet when the sun is shining it must just glow! Apparently the previous day was so nice that people were actually in the water swimming!

We climbed up to the top of a hill that had a great view of the city, along with a lot of park-like features (playground, manmade waterfall, etc). It was really woodsy too (through in a catcus or two).

Nice was really pretty, but I am not sure it is on the top of my 'places to return to' list. I think I must just have an aversion to the language.

Saturday Nov 29, travel day, ending in Nice France

by KarmaGirl13

"Saturday Nov 29, travel day, ending in Nice France"

Today was the longest travel day ever. I took a million trains, and one bus, and 9 hours later finally arrived in Nice. Just for kicks:
Manarola to Riomagiorre train (2 minute ride. yes TWO. then a 20 minute wait for my next train)
Riomaggiore to Genoa (one and a half hour train ride, and a 10 minute wait for my next train)
Genoa to Vimiglia or something like that, right on the France-Italy border (maybe 30 minutes, then a 40 minute wait)
Vimiglia to Monte Carlo (20 minute train ride, then a big walk to the bus)
Monte Carlo to Monoco (10 minute bus ride)
Monoco to Nice (20 minute train ride)
As if that wasnt enough... I messed around for ONE HOUR trying to find the local bus in Nice to take me to my hostel. I was obviously having a really hard time finding my bus stop. By that point I could have just walked. I didnt want to walk since it was already dark, and i heard it was kinda far. So instead I tried to find the right bus for an hour!!! THEN I got on the bus, and the driver took off as I was picking my change out of the tray, and it spilled out of my hands onto the floor, and I fell over trying to pick it upand about took a lady down with me on my way!
Finally got to my stupid room at Hotel Meyerbeer Beach and found it to be a total rip off. I wish I had just paid 10 euro less for a dorm room closer to the train station. I thought it would be nice to be closer to the beach but it really was not worth it. Turns out the walk from the train station was not that far anyway.
Went out to check out town a bit, and to blow off some steam. Saw a really interesting street performer with an amazing cat named Nika. The man was dressed up in an old romantic outfit (poofy shirt, velvet jacket, long white wig and white face with a mask) and his Nika was dressed ina white cape. Nika was trained to do all sorts of cool things while perched up on Misters arm and shoulder. She would catch and hug stuffed animals, and I even got to throw a ball to him! She was so cool!! Mister said he trained her with cornflakes! I loved it!!
In the end, I had a really frustrating and exhausting travel day. Challenging...some days are like that. I did have a really interesting roomate though. She was Irish, and wrote columns on budget travel. She helped me get over my frustrating day by supplying me with really nice biscuits.

Comments