47 Rue Pastorelli, Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, 06000, France

Agoda.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

• mazzap's Profile Photo

A 'just ok' Hotel

The Nice Rivoli was in my opinion just 'ok' - nothing more.

It was described as 3* superior - I don't think the 'superior' was appropriate in this case!

Unfortunately, the rooms were a bit 'tired', the breakfast was boring and the staff were not that friendly. I wouldn't stay there again.

Unique Quality: The plus points were the indoor swimming pool - medium size, but fairly nice, and the fairly good location.

More about Hotel Nice Riviera

Nice's Riviera rival - Cannes

by NiceLife

Whilst perhaps lacking the depth and range of Nice, Cannes nevertheless has a great deal to offer. Whilst Nice is a city by the sea, Cannes is more a seaside resort, though with a touch more glamour and glitz.

If you fancy shopping there is no finer attraction than Cannes Rue d'Antibes. Crammed with fashion boutiques and trendy gear, it runs almost the length of the town parallel to Sea front, a few steps from the Cannes Gare SNCF, which is only a thirty minute train ride from Nice - three times faster than the bus.

There is the old town of Le Suquet to explore, with fine views from the top, the Palais des Festivals with its sourounding handprints of the stars, and La Croisette to stroll along the front. People watching par excellence.

More on my Cannes pages.

nothing nice, nothing special

by TripAdvisor Member favourite1234

My husband and I stayed at the hotel Nice Riviera as part of our honeymoon in August. After having an amazing time in Paris we arrived at the hotel Nice Riviera feeling excited to continue our honeymoon. The staff at the main desk showed us the local attractions on the map and although this was useful, it seemed impersonal and over rehearsed. After reading some poor reviews we were relieved that our room seemed nice. However after staying here for a week it became clear why so few travelers rated this hotel highly. The pool, although refreshing, was always freezing cold (as was the Jacuzzi!!!) the staff were positively rude (staff at the front desk sneered if you asked for their assistance and cleaning staff just barged into the bedroom on a regular basis without even knocking!!!) choices for breakfast were also very limited. Toiletries were replenished every day but we never felt that our room had been properly cleaned. I know that these complaints all sound very insignificant and trivial- but when put together it made for a very disappointing stay. I'm not saying that this hotel is a nightmare or that anything was disastrous, but, nothing about the stay would rate highly and we would not stay here again, I have had better experiences in Blackpool Bed and Breakfasts.

Lovely Hotel - no complaints

by TripAdvisor Member JoeyB7

Having read some of the comments I was in doubt but decided to book a week in August anyway. I'm glad I did. we found the hotel to be clean, the staff were very friendly, breakfast was plentiful. The central location was important to us and the air conditioned room was ideal at that time of year.

Based on our experience I think some of the negative comments given by others are hard to believe. We had absolutely no problems with this hotel and I would have no problem in recommending it to friends.

I meant to write this review upon my return and apologise for the delay however I made sure I did not forget our very pleasant stay at the Hotel Nice riviera.

A good hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Lonnie18

My partner and I stayed at the Hotel Nice Riviera for the last week of September. Having seen the bad reviews we were worried about what we had booked but as it was a good deal we continued with the booking and I'm really glad we did. Although the hotel might not be on the sea front or be on the smartest street, the hotel itself is a very good 3 star (not a 4 star as implied.) Staff always very polite and very helpfull - we had a problem with our TV which was sorted out straight away. We were able to check in at 10am (unheard of in other hotels) which was very gratefully received as it was tipping down with rain. Although we did not try the pool, it looked very nice and very inviting! The sea front is about a 5/10 minute walk (which will improve once the tram line is completed - serious roadwork dodging necessary). The train station is an easy 10 minute walk which gives access to Cannes, Monte Carlo, St Tropez and Antibes - all recommended. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would recommend others to give it a go.

convenient for everything

by TripAdvisor Member Tightwads

We booked a four night stay from 24th to 28th April. The hotel is situated in a good location for the bus and train station and a few minutes from the old town. There are excellent eating places nearby, not all expensive. A taxi from the airport cost us 23 euros and 28 euros returning because we booked from the hotel. We requested a non-smoking room which was comfortable with twin beds. Noise early in the morning from beer barrels unloading at the restaurant across the way happened only once. The standard rooms do not have balconies but fortunately we were out and about most of the time. The swimming pool in the hotel is a bonus and was enjoyed by my husband. Breakfast was the standard continental breakfast . Make sure not to leave it too late because you may find some food has not been re-stocked. If you want a hot breakfast then you pay a supplement. After a day's sightseeing I would have liked to watch the television. Our television was not working properly and we should have asked for assistance...but we didn't.
At all times the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and had a good command of English....making me feel ashamed that I couldn't speak French.
Buses are excellent value for money. We travelled all the way to Grasse and Cannes for only 1.30 euro each ( one way) We travelled back by train from Cannes. This took 45 minutes but costs more than the bus.
We went three times to a little bistro type restaurant "La Sambora", just along the street from Hotel Riviera Nice. We returned there because we found the chef was willing to chat to us about the way he made his lasagne and wonderful cream caramel. The last night we had the pizzas...delicious.
I would recommend the Riviera Hotel Nice to anyone who wants comfort and convenience. We booked a good deal below the rack rate.

lovely experience

by TripAdvisor Member angelina.giovannelli

We stayed one night in this hotel and had a lovely experience. When we booked in we were upgraded to a roomon the top floor, with a large terrace and a view to the town. The room was spacious and comfortable, with good (and quiet) air con. The staff at the front desk couldn't do enough to help, they were friendly, helpful and just thoroughly nice people. This impression was backed up by the rest of the staff we met, all of them were kind and friendly, no request was too much trouble. We travelled with our 6 month old son and they had made him up a lovely cot in the room.

The hotel has a secure garage which cost 18 euros per day, the hotel staff let us keep our car in it, at no extra cost, for the rest of the day after we had checked out.

The location is perfect for shopping.

Overall one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, and certainly the most sincerely friendly.

never a 4 star

by TripAdvisor Member Puoncho

We paid 190 euros for a triple room per night and we thought you would get what you were paying: au contraire. The hotel was basic, rooms ok and the service....well not very helpful. The first night we were told that our room was to be prepared (e.g. the extra bed) which never happened. As we arrived after 10pm we called reception and the person in reception told us that he couldn't close the hotel to come and arrange the bed as he was the only staff member left. Even worse, after all, it turned out not to be even the man's fault, as this 4 star hotel had only one person at night who had to deal with guests problems (like we didn't have towels in our rooms and had to ask him), guard reception, do security routines ("this street is a bit dangerous") and even make breakfast for the guests next day. Obviously one person cannot cope, which means its all a management problem.
We complained to the manager and got 20 euros off the price, but I would never stay there again. I think you can find better options in the city.

I highly recommend this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member juliajones

My husband and I made our first trip to France the first week of March. We loved the French Riviera. The staff was very nice and very helpful, particularly Frederic who gave us great recommendations on restaurants. Our room was smaller than American standards. Swimming pool was very hot, but too small for me...The bathroom was new and very comfortable. The entire hotel was spotless. We made that our base and took day trips on the train to Monaco, Cannes, and Nice. Our hotel was three minutes from the train and easy walking distance to anything else you might want. I highly recommend this hotel.

Nice is Nice

by jakesanderson

"Riviera Life"

We visited Nice on our honeymoon. We flew in from Bastia, Corsica, stayed for 2 or 3 nights, then on to Avignon.

I was pleasantly surprised by Nice. It had a big city feel, but the old town was cozy and pleasant. The beach wasn't sandy, but still worth spending some time sipping a fruity beverage and soaking up some rays.

"Beaches"

The rocky beaches of Nice are famous, probably more for the human scenery than for the beach itself...

"Beachfront promenade"

In front of the old town is a promenade, which is a great place from which to watch the sunset.

Nice RivieraNice Riviera