26, rue Pastorelli, Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, 06000, France

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• A Warm Welcome

Just back from Nice on the 16th May 2011 and stayed in this hotel with my two sisters.

Firstly the hotel is in a great location right between the old & new towns (I preferred the Old) and easy access to both train & bus routes although from the airport the 98 bus is much closer. The area was well light at night and we felt totally at ease walking to the hotel from the Old Town in the wee hours (which is not something I would say about all areas of Nice as some areas looked a bit dodgey) yet we slept well & were not distrubed by rowdy revellers!!

Secondly checking in was a breeze with a very happy helpful Receptionist. Our room on the 3rd floor was a little too small for 3 girls but was changed upon request with no extra cost to a much larger duplex with 2 bathrooms... well done Vendome! The room was on 2 levels with beds for 4 tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, free safe & reasonably priced mini bar. Towels changed & room cleaned daily & good quality white linens on the beds with extra pillows & blankets in the wardrobes. Another good point was that the sockets were near to mirrors for straighteners etc. The bathrooms were small but spotless & the shower was powerful with an abundance of hot water. There were also plenty of information leaflets/maps in the room which proved very useful but the Receptionist was also happy to point you in the right direction.

Thirdly breakfast was very good with all the usual hot drinks, fruit juices, scambled egg, sausages, bacon, yogurts, breads, choissants, pain au chocolate, ham, cheese, fresh fruit salad, jam, marmalade butter etc. Most importantly these were replenished right up until 10.00am

If we were to go to Nice again & did not want to spend a fortune on accomodate but expect a certain standard then this would be the place.

Unique Quality: Old world charm

Directions: New Town - 10mins walk down Rue Pastorelli
    Old Town - 12 mins walk down Rue Alberti

• JulesRules's Profile Photo

Attractive hotel in the new Nice centre

I booked this hotel as it appeared in every travel guide I looked in and was mentioned in every review I read on this website and others.

I must say I enjoyed my stay. I was here for one night only in mid July 2005 and payed 100 euro for one night.
    I had a small one person-room but with quite a large balcony (I think it was larger than the room itself?!) on the 5th floor, ith view on the hill and over part of new town Nice.
    The room was airconditioned and had a mini-bar and a safe box for free.

I devided my stay in Nice for three nights (in a period of 11 days) over two hotels, and I regret it, as the Hotel Vendome was the first and the nicest hotel and I would have booked the hotel again had I know what I know now.
    (My second hotel was the Comfort Inn btw; check the review)

Unique Quality: Hotel Vendome is in centre Nice Ville (new town). About a ten minute walk from the beach and place Massena. A less than five minute walk to Rue Medecin (if that's your thing; it wasn't mine). And about a fifteen to twenty minute walk to the old town of Nice.

My room had a balcony. I'm not sure if every room had one.

As the hotel is located in a busy street, there's quite some traffic noise, even with the balcony doors closed. It didn't bother me though.

Directions: New town of Nice

• Diamond in the rough!

Was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Came directly from the Four Seasons, and it was a smooth transition. The staff was friendly, the room was very clean. I believe the hotel was recently remodeled. All the fixtures and tile was impeccable. Many excellent bonuses that I would not excpect in this price range.

My driver to the airport asked how the hotel was. He was amazed to hear that I liked it, as many hotels in this area are, in his opinion, very run down and cheap.

Pretty poor selection of TV channels, but that's not why you're here, is it?

Unique Quality: Off street parking. Centrally located, but a bit of a hike from the beach.

• Clean, quiet, convenient hotel

We stayed at the Vendome last week for five nights. The staff were very pleasant and spoke good English. The hotel is in its own small grounds and it was like returning to our own home each evening. The room was very clean and had a nice new bathroom, with bath and shower.

The beds were comfortable and well made for us each day. The room was very quiet at night and the airconditioning worked well.

The breakfast was continental and was as would be expected. Pastries, nice bread, cheese, ham, fresh fruit salad and a good selection of jams and cereals. It is served in a bright, pleasant breakfast room.

The decor of the hotel is in pinks and blues and the lounge has been decorated as it must have been when the house was a private residence. It leads on to a balcony with a large round table.

There is a tiny residents' bar.

All in all, excellent value for £385 for five nights comfort.

• NiceLife's Profile Photo

Three star style Nice Centre at reasonable prices

Friends have repeat booked Hotel Vendome, commenting it provides good quality, good location and good prices. It has "French style" as opposed to the bland international chain hotels. Location is contained behind a frontage of shops but sits within its own courtyard.

Used it for a relative recently and had good reports.

Very central location - ten minuutes walk to Nice's train and bus stations - but without much of the traffic noise associated with city centres.

Unique Quality: Phone:

Directions: Nice Centre

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Villa Style Hotel in Heart of City

Hotel Le Vendome is centrally located for a walking tour of Nice. Close to everything, Old Town, the open air market , central shopping, restaurants, and the train station. Hotel Le Vendome has it's own parking within the premise, be it very little and tight spaces.

The entire staff welcomes you and you feel like part of the family. The structure was once a prominent Villa in Nice. Wonderful high ceilings to boot. Nice breakfast as well. The price was right.

Unique Quality: The rooms are part of the old Villa. Try to get one that has an outside balcony, all the better to eat the bread and cheese with wine while gazing down to the streets.

Directions: East of the main street in Nice, Avenue Jean Medecin, and south of Blvd. Dubouchage.b

More about Hotel Vendome

hotel vendome,good or bad

by babooshkalady

hi all,
can anyone tell me anything at all about this hotel as we have booked two weeks there in august.it does seem to have agood rep,and well located,but anyone who has stayed ther might be able to provide some first hand knowledge.many thanks.

by rachel_sun

Look at tripadvisor.com

It haves honest reviews from people about hotels.

by NiceLife

Good link Rachel

First quote on Tripadvisor "we have just come back from 2 nights in this great hotel we took our grandaughter and had a triple room. There was plenty of room around the beds. There was a lovely balcony which had nice french windows.The bathroom had twin washbasins and shower and bath. I would recomend this hotel and if we go back to nice we will be stopping at this hotel"

We had some friends that used it regularly, which is what my recommendation is based on.

by nettyfitz

I give below my review from Tripadvisor.

Nice: Hotel Vendome: "Nice clean, quiet hotel"
October 14, 2004: A TripAdvisor Member, Northumberland, England:

There is a tiny residents' bar.

All in all, excellent value for £385 for five nights comfort.

RE: RE: hotel vendome,good or bad

by babooshkalady

thanks for all the replies.sounds like a good choice then.if anyne wants alook inside the hotel if you email the vendome direct they will happily send a range of photos from around the hotel including the rooms.

Comments