1 Promenade des Anglais, Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, 06046, France

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• codrutz's Profile Photo

Luxury accomodation

Did not stayed there but I guess when money is no problem one can stay there at top floors to enjoy the view over the Promenade des Anglais and the sea.

• ilovespain's Profile Photo

Good location

I like this hotel. It has a good location - facing the beach, has a lot of restaurants close by. The front desk is friendly and helpful. I got a room on the 7th floor facing the beach. Being a light sleeper myself, I was awaken so many times by the late night motorcycles driving by. So I would recommend a room facing east, towards Castle Hill, it is quieter and 50 euros less. The room is big and has a terrace overlooking the beach, I could see the planes taking off and touching down at the airport. Other than the fact that the shower curtain in the bathroom is a bit slimmy, I had no complaints. It was December when I visited this hotel, so the swimming pool and the rooftop restaurant was closed. There are probably nicer hotels on the Promenade des Anglais but consider all the factors I would stay here next time. On a scale of 1-10, I gave it a 8+.

• NiceLife's Profile Photo

A blot on the landscape

Unique Quality: If you look on Le Meridien's website you will not see one picture of the hotel itself. No need to wonder why - it is ashamed - it is unquestionably the most ugly building in all Nice.

Standing in prime position at No. 1 Promenade des Anglais, on the site where once stood a beautiful belle epoche marvel in keeping with the Negresco and Palais de la Mediterranee, this characterless piece of sixties "could be anywhere" tat. How could they? Amidst Nice's glorious art deco facades - the hotel no-one ever takes a picture of. "Gee honey, look where I stayed! In a just world its architect would still be serving a life sentence for style crime.

On the plus side is no questioning its location is convenience itself., and whilst it spoils everyone elses view, the view of everywhere else from it is pretty good. At ground level it houses a MacDonalds and a casino. How fitting - a hotel with both frites and chips.

• latte18's Profile Photo

nice view, nice hotel

The hotel was a pleasant place to stay. Located in Promenade des Anglais, right across from the beach and sits smack in the middle of the shopping district. What's more you could ask for? The rooms were decent, not exactly the biggest rooms out there but it was comfortable and clean. The hotel had a private beach just across the street with beach chairs and a cafe/bar. There was also a magnificent rooftop swimming pool offering an expansive view of the blue waters of the Mediterannean Sea. There's also a boarding point for the Nice trolley tour right in front of the hotel, which would take you all around Nice for a nominal fee. Definitely a nice hotel in Nice with perfect location and good facilities to boot.

Unique Quality: - Rooftop pool with fantastic view, private beach
    - Near major shops, restaurants, cafes, pubs/bars

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

I highly recommend the...

I highly recommend the luxurious LE MERIDIEN NICE Hotel. I mean, if we can't afford the Negresco Hotel, the Le Meridien would do. If you can get good rates at this hotel, it'd be worth it. The hotel offered us very attractive corporate rates @ US$60** (including buffet breakfast)! But if you come during the peak tourist season i.e. summer, don't expect to get such good rates.

P.S. ** The above rate was quoted to me @ end-December 1998 when we were planning for another visit to the French Riviera.

Directions: Fantastically located at No. 1, Promenade des Anglais, a stone's throw from Place Massena.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

MERIDIEN NICE HOTEL in Nice.

MERIDIEN NICE HOTEL in Nice.

Unique Quality: And this is the breathtaking view of the entire PROMENADE DES ANGLAIS from my hotel room! C'est fantastique. O.K., now that I've convinced you, go pick up the phone and speak with your travel agent....

More about Le Meridien Nice

An excellent four star hotel

by hopang about Hotel Le Meridien, Nice

Hotel Le Meridien is an excellent four star hotel located just across Promenade des Anglais and the beach. It has approximately 320 well furnished rooms spread over nine floors. The hotel was constructed in 1974.

Among its excellent amenities and facilities are a casino on the ground floor with international shows, fine restaurants, bars and lounge, swimming pool, 9th floor beauty center, health centre with spa and massage, IDD telephone, LCD television with satellite channels, non smoking rooms, mini bar, safe deposit boxes, high speed internet access, fully air-conditioned, pets allowed, babysitting, a business center with meeting and conference rooms, and public beach with cycling and jogging tracks. Its unique qualities are its casino with international shows, fine dining and conveniently located just in front of the public beach and the promenade. Hotel services are impeccable and the staff are friendly.

The Meridien Nice certainly did an excellent job for us

by TripAdvisor Member flyerboy

As always experiences are so personal. After reading the mixed reviews about this hotel I took the plunge and they certainly have won me over.
Ok I like the le Meridien chain especially the Art+tech hotels also I am a member of their frequent stay programme. I even used my points for this 2 night stay as a birthday present for my partner.
Before I arrived I had arranged a bottle of bubbly in the room. I also had arranged an vegetarian main course as this was not on the 9th floor restaurant menu.
When we deboarded the 98 expresse bus I understood now the remarks about the building and certain other establishments around it. It certainly is not the prettiest building on the Promenade Anglais and the fast food chain restaurant is unfortunate, not even mentioning the tasteless Casino but once we entered the hotel all was forgotten as we stepped on the escalator we were met by wonderful icy cold air and a very gracious receptionist.
We proceeded to our room 566 were the champagne was chilling and the hotel management had surprised us with a stack of strawberries. Our room was facing the Avenue Verdun with great views of the Med and the Cap de Nice.
The rooms have been restyled( makeover) but not renovated. This means that our room had new wallpaper, bedding, lights and carpets. The rest: table, chairs,desk etc have been in the room for a few years.
The marble bathroom is nice with a shower in the bath but with icredible waterpressure....wonderful!
Housekeeping standards are high, very clean with fluffy towels. There were also 2 bathrobes and slippers and I love the big bars of great soap.
Unfortunately the airco is below standard although it blows out cold air it is not enough.
The guestroom doors also have a tendency to slam as they do not have a spring mechanism.
All the staff we encountered was welcoming and friendly. We lounged on the sun terrace on the 9th floor and the attendant was very friendly and helpful.
Later that evening we had dinner on the 9th floor and the staff immediately knew about the vegetarian maincourse I had pre ordered.All in all all staff were excellent. The food is maybe a bit too pricey for what you get but you certainly cannot beat the view over the Baie des Anges. A romantic setting for sure.
The pebble stone beach is just opposite the hotel and before you go you can pick up towels at the reception all done with a smile even when they were very busy.
All in all we were both very happy with the hotel, OK is is not the newest property but they are doing everything right and staff is helpful and always have a smile.
Next year we will be back!

Once is enough!

After reading all the reviews of Le Meridien, Nice and noticing that several of the worst were written by American tourists (no offense meant, as having holidayed in the USA numerous times I fully understand that service is everything there) I decided that I would take a chance and book the hotel anyway. I also booked Le Meridien, Monte-Carlo Beach Plaza for the first three nights of our holiday (fabulous - if only we'd stayed there for the rest of the holiday!)

On arrival our 2 rooms were ready but our friend's room was not and had to wait for another hour without even the offer of a free drink whilst we were waiting.

We booked Deluxe Sea View Rooms and although they were very clean they were small with only a very narrow balcony which was not wide enough for chairs and a table although the folding suitcase stand does double as a makeshift deckchair if you're feeling brave and want to sit outside (although not recommended). Executive Sea View Rooms at Monte-Carlo are far more luxurious and have balconies with furniture.

The breakfast is quite disappointing as the scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns were luke warm whatever time we came down to eat as is the coffee which is served by the cup (instead of by the jug in Monte-Carlo).

We ate on the roof terrace a couple of times and the food was wonderful although quite expensive.

There is a McDonalds restaurant directly beneath the hotel, adjacent to the hotel entrance and also a rather tacky looking casino although to be fair we did not venture inside.

To use the hotel's private beach you have to cross the busy dual carriageways outside the hotel but it is well worth it as the sea is beautifully clean and the food wonderful. However, to hire a sunlounger costs 15 euros per day and we did not realise that people outside the hotel were able to use the beach as well because all the beds were taken by 11am on the Saturday which meant that for the next few days my partner and one of our friends popped down before breakfast to reserve beds.

There is a small childrens pool next to the restaurant which is a godsend as the beach is made of pebbles (some very large) and makes for a rather undignified entrance and even worse exit from the sea which I have to say caused much merriment as it is like watching some bizarre Chinese game show where contestants are tortured by pebbles hitting their ankles! We saw one frustrated husband push his elderly wife into the sea after watching her try to get in for 10mins!

The shopping is very good and there are some great restaurants just behind the hotel but if you can afford it I would recommend staying at Le Meridien Beach Plaza, Monte-Carlo where the terraces run down to the private beach, the sunloungers are free and the beach is made of very fine pebbles. The staff are also a lot more cheerful and the service faster and far superior.

private beach fees

by favelpeach11

Does anyone know what the fees for the Ruhl Beach are for hotel guests of Le Meridien Nice?

RE: private beach fees