Mercure Nice Marche aux Fleurs

91 quai des Etats Unis, Promenade des Anglais, Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, 06300, France

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• gwened's Profile Photo

nice by marche aux fleurs-Nice

my business address when in town, from the Accor French chain, impeccable service, great amenities and modern facilities all surrounded by the vieux port area of wonderful NIce

Unique Quality: the location is perfect, the hotel a Mercure from Accor, cant be better for the price

Directions: from the quai etats unis, close to place Massena, cant missed it. close to city train station if like to walk like me

• Traveler342's Profile Photo

The Most Helpful Staff Ever!

So, we may not have had the best planned trip ever - my travel buddy and I realized that we had an extra day on our Eurorail Pass and thought Nice sounded like a good side-trip. We arrived at about midnight to the largest block-party I've ever seen in my entire life. The entire city was alive. Unfortunately, that also meant just about every hotel in town was locked up tight, trying to avoid drunken revelers straggling into their lobby. We found one of the Mercure hotels, and the guy perked up the moment we walked in the door. With our huge packs and haggered look, I'm sure he could tell we weren't part of the party crowd and wanted to help. He said he didn't have room for us, but his colleague did. About 15 seconds later, he gave us an address and said the guy was holding a room for it, and he'd give us a discount.

We were astounded. We managed to find the hotel he'd directed us to, and discovered that not only were we right on the beach next door to the Opera House, but we had the biggest balcony and best view in the entire hotel. It became one of the highlights of our entire trip. All the staff at the Mercure hotels were wonderful. the room was beautiful and a better location than we ever could have hoped for on our budget. In the morning we had a lovely time exploring the city. I'd absolutely stay at Mercure again.

• Affordable Sea Views

We booked our room on the Accor Web site then emailed the hotel to ask for a sea view room. It cost an additional 30 euro for the sea view but the room was still about a third less than any other hotel I found with sea views. There was even a balcony that was just big enough for four of us to sit and eat a picnic dinner.

The staff was very efficent and the rooms quite clean. We had room 126 and our friends were in the room next door. Both rooms were similar.

We had to cancel our first night as a plane malfunction caused us to miss our connecting flight. I contacted the hotel directly at what must have been 1am in Nice and the staff member answering the phone spoke very good English (much better than my French!). There was no problem with the first night cancellation and we still got our sea view rooms on arrival.

Unique Quality: Direct sea view and easy walking distance to Marche aux Fleurs.

Directions: Just a few blocks east of where Promanade des Angais turns into Quai des Etas Unis.

More about Mercure Nice Marche aux Fleurs

Mercure Marche aux Fleurs Nice

by beanyboy

Hi Guys

Its Beanyboy again. I have just been given this hotel as a possible good stay . Has anyone stayed there yet and if so what are your thoughts about it.
Cheers

Re: Mercure Marche aux Fleurs Nice

by jamesfmunro

OK - I haven't stayed there, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay in an Accor group hotel such as Mercure. I can also confirm that the location of the hotel is superb, so I would go for it.

Re: Re: Mercure Marche aux Fleurs Nice

by NiceLife

If you can get a room, take it. The location is impeccable.

Enjoy