Nice Garden Hotel

Booking.com Priceline.com Hotels.com

More about Nice Garden Hotel

Lovely Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member SimonAndMartina

We stayed at the Nice Garden Hotel for two nights on a weekend break. We only wished we could have stayed longer!!

The hotel is truly lovely. Our room was large and well laid out with a neat and clean bathroom. There is a charming shared dining area for breakfast - although we always had breakfast outside in the beautiful garden!!!!

Other reviewers have commented on the great location - and we completely agree!!

We avoid chain hotels as a general rule, preferring to experience something of the local area instead. In this regard, the Nice Garden Hotel was exactly what we were looking for!
Thank you Marion for giving us such a great weekend! We hope to return again one day!!

Best Hotel of our Trip!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member dkeene

We spent 10 days travelling in southern France and the Nice Garden Hotel was our favorite stop! The family is SO friendly and helpful and the garden is SO lovely. My boyfriend and sister and I stayed in room #2, a reasonably sized triple with a nice bathroom. The breakfast was great (especially the homemade orange marmalade!!) and we were within walking distance of both the train station and the beach. I cannot say enough good things about our stay here! Can't wait to go back :-)

Most welcoming

by TripAdvisor Member Lenks

My husband and I stayed in this hotel at the end of April. Marion, the owner and her family were very welcoming and helpful. We had the basic room, which was comfortable and spacious enough for the few hours we spent in there. The shower cubicle, although small, was spotlessly clean. The bead was comfy and the room had air conditioning. Towel and basic toiletries were provided and changed on a daily basis. In nice weather, breakfast was served in a beautiful peaceful garden, with plentiful of cheese, jam, cold meats, yoghurts, cereal, fruit and pastries to keep you going throughout the morning. The location is great - 3 mins walk to the Promenade and a gentle short stroll to the old town. Marion recommended and very cheap bicycle hire a couple of blocks down to the hotel and thanks to this we spent one morning exploring the area. The reception is manned from early mornings until 9pm. Should you choose to enjoy the nightlife in the old town with a glass of wine (or two) and some delicious meals, you do not have to worry about your late return to the hotel - upon arrival you will be issued with a code, which enables you to get in to through the entrance doors wihout any assistance.
All in all, we would not hesitate spenindg another of our stays in Nice Garden Hotel, mostly thanks to the kindness and personal touch of the owner, and the great location.

Enjoy a morning in Avignon

by 807Wheaton

Avignon is the place to see the Palace of Popes and the Bridge of Avignon.
There is a long island in the center of the Rhone River under the Bridge of Avignon. The bridge has collapsed many times. The famous French song about Avignon had the peasants dancing on the bridge but some feel it was too narrow, so the peasants really danced under the bridge on the island.
The Palace is empty but you can walk all around it and get some great views of the area. There is a nice garden to enjoy next to the palace. Built as medieval Gothic, The Palace of the Popes was consturcted between 1335 and 1364 on a rocky outcrop at the edge of Avignon overlooking the River Rhone. This palace has endured a turbulent history continuing through the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Era where it was used as a military barracks and prison, which ensured the building's survival. There is also a place to get some good water to refill your water bottle on the side of the Palace. The Romans prided themselves on their good water, and it did taste good!

Excellent Service in a Quaint Hotel with a great location!

by TripAdvisor Member Right-O

This feels more like a B&B than a hotel. You walk in and are given a tour of the facilities (your room, where breakfast is served, the beautiful garden out back). The staff were extremely friendly and helpful with suggestions and the room was perfect. It was above and beyond what I'd expect for the price we paid!

Great room, felt like an inn!

by TripAdvisor Member wyldedixie

When my husband and I first saw the building the hotel was housed in, my husband thought that it might be "a little hole in the wall." We stayed here from 03/16/07 to 03/17/07. It turned out that he was entirely wrong, thank goodness!

When we first arrived, Marion, the owner, gave us a little tour and explained how we would be able to get back in should we leave at night. The hotel only has 10 rooms, and she leaves every night around 8:00. We were given codes to get into the hotel after everyone leaves for the day. She also explained where and when breakfast would be served (it's included in your stay). Breakfast consisted of breads, homemade orange jam, jellies, cold meats, cheeses, juice, coffee, yogurt, and milk.

We were quite impressed with our room, which overlooked the garden. It had a small but adequate bathroom with a walk-in glass shower. The vanity area was a little small but decorated with items that looked like they came from home, like the ceramic soap dish. It did not have a hairdryer.

Our sleeping area had two beds, one double and one single. The room was quite large. It had a desk for writing and TV. Marion also has free wireless Internet access for her guests. The room made us feel more like we were staying in someone's home than in a hotel, which was a nice change.

My husband and I would stay here again for a nice little romantic getaway. We also agreed that it did feel more like an inn or a B&B than a hotel, which was a good thing for us.

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member scruffty

Stayed here in late January just after the bathrooms had been renovated. After catching the bus from Nice Airport and getting off at the Congress Stop, we had a short walk up the road and found the hotel. Once inside we were greeted by Marion's Mother. She was very friendly and helped us in. She didn't speak much English but so what! I am in France! The room was very French and has a comofortable bed, ensuite and a lovely window looking out onto the garden. The room also had a small TV but we didn't watch it. The ensuite was fresh yet small. It comprised of a walk in shower with curtain toilet and sink.
The garden was lovely and even though we were lucky to have good weather and enjoy it a bit, I can't help feeling that this garden would be even more fun in the summer, having a few drinks under the orange trees and relaxing! Breakfast was simply bread, meat, cheese, yoghurts, juice etc but it was fantastic!
Marion and her family are the most friendliest hoteliers we have ever met. They made us feel very comfortable and were genuinely interested in us. A new lady called "Mika" (I think) had just started and she is lovely too. We would love to go back!
The only downside to our trip was because the hotel is small and on one floor, some over excited tourists were having breakfast outside our door (the dining room) and woke us up every morning after some heavy night drinking in Thors Bar. I expect in the summer breakfast will be served in the garden so this may be a bit better.

All in all fantastic!!!

Friendly owner, lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member femailAussieInLondon

We stayed two nights at this wonderful small hotel. It is well located and the owner and her family were very welcoming. Our room (number 3) was very clean and bright and the bathroom was newly renovated. The large king size bed was also brand new and very comfortable.

The hotel is similar to a B&B and the breakfast (extra charge) was fresh and delicious. French cheese, salami, fresh baguette and pastries, muesli, yoghurt, tea and coffee were on offer buffet style. We ate at the dining table indoors, but when the weather is nicer you can eat out in the garden which would be lovely.

The owner was nice enough to give us plenty of Easter chocolate that she had bought for her guests and since easter was over needed to give it away. I have never had such yummy dark chocolate! She had bought it from a quality patisserie.

She recommended the flower markets which were on in the morning (Sunday) and I noticed on our return that day she had been there herself and had vases of fresh roses in the hallway and at the reception.

Great Little Hotel, Central, Welcoming, Cheap

by TripAdvisor Member posystar

Stayed for two nights. Owner most welcoming. Cheap, very clean and efficient. Pretty garden outlook. Very central position. An excellent experience after many expensive and terrible nights in Nice. Do visit this hotel if you prefer small and simple with no extras. I shall definitely be going back. Excellent for single travellers. Wonderful position within easy walk of beach, shops, restaurants, buses, station, etc... also the cheapest taxi fare that I have used in Nice.

Great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member craftyketley

What can I say about this hotel that hasn`t been said already? I have never stayed in an hotel where the owner and family have gone to so much trouble to make their guests feel at home. When we took our bottle of wine into the garden with plastic glasses, Marion immediately brought us wine glasses and provided champagne glasses for a couple celebrating a significant birthday. Bus timetables were printed off for us and we tried all the restaurants she recommended which were excellent. The hotel richly deserves it`s recent inclusion in Lonely Planet, I just selfishly hope that it won`t be too difficult to book in the future. I would just like to correct one recent review. Marion does not leave the hotel at night. Guests are given the door codes to make it easier for them to access the hotel, particularly late at night. Thank you Marion and family.

Various Nice & surrounding 1998Various Nice & surrounding 1998

Le Chateau, Nice, FranceLe Chateau, Nice, France

Fresh seafood at Cours Saleya, NiceFresh seafood at Cours Saleya, Nice

Whats for dinner??Whats for dinner??

Visiting Paris With Family

Hi!

I am planning to visit Paris with my wife and 6 year old son,... would appreciate if I could get some info on -

1) Budget Hotel : Conveniently located for sightseeing
2) Nearby Sightseeing (day excursions)
3) A suggested itenary for 6 days.

by Beausoleil

Hi. You might get some more budget hotel suggestions if you give us a budget range. Here are 3 that are recommended often on Virtual Tourist but we have not stayed in any of them.:

We have stayed in the following but they are a bit more expensive than the three above. Here are ours:

The three directly above are very centrally located and you can walk to most sightseeing. They are all close to a park which would be nice for your son.

Paris is a great place for children. Go to http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7ba16/18308/4/?o=1&i=1 and scroll down to "Paris for Children." There are also Tips on "Free Things to Do in Paris," "Playgrounds in Paris" and other child-centered things that are also fun for adults. You will certainly want to visit the Tuileries and Luxembourg Gardens, but also consider the Jardin des Plantes with a Natural History Museum and a small zoo that your son would love.

I've arranged my 10 favorite places in Paris into a 3-day itinerary. You could spread it out over 4 days and then do a day trip to Versailles and perhaps to Chartres or Giverny. Here's my 3-day itinerary:

Day 1
(1) Tuileries Gardens (summer fun fair with Ferris wheel, carousel, etc.)
(2) Louvre Museum (Mona Lisa, Winged Victory, Venus, etc.)
(3) Musee d’Orsay (the Impressionists)

Day 2
(5) Cluny Museum (Musée de Moyen Age) (Lady & the Unicorn tapestries)
(6) Luxembourg Gardens (people and fun)
(9) Latin Quarter walk

Day 3
Morning:
(4) Ste. Chapelle (gorgeous stained glass)
(8) Notre Dame Cathedral
Afternoon:
(10) Eiffel Tower and area (can get the Batoboat here for tour)
(7) Rodin Museum (The Thinker, The Kiss, etc.. nice garden & tea room)

You will have a lot of fun with your son. There is so much for children in Paris and it's such a beautiful city. Enjoy your trip.

School trip to Madrid

by Bigtamz

I am doing an assessment and i need to find out information on things to do for school pupils in Madrid. There is 20 of us and we are 15/16 years of age, this is an urgent request.

Re: Re: School trip to Madrid

by jmhenry1123

El Prado Museum

by Maurizioago

Spend some time into the Museo Sorolla. See info and web site on my Madrid pages.

This is a museum and a house of a famous painter. There is also a nice garden and an annexe with a collection of ceramics.

Thake the pupils for a stroll at the Retiro Park.

Have a taste of the delicious sandwiches at "El Museo del Jamon".

Why not have a daytrip to Toledo? This beautiful town is not far from Madrid.

Comments