Villa La Tour

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• laforstraveller's Profile Photo

Quaint Little Place in Nice

What a wonderful little gem in Nice. I really hate to stay at the large resorts or chain hotels, so I try to find little gems like this one. Villa la Tour is charming and is in the heart of Nice Vieux and within walking distance to the castle ruins on the hill, and the beach. The hotel itself used to be a convent. Now as a small hotel, it's ideal. The staff, including the owner, are extremely friendly and helpful. The owner sat down with us upon our early arrival and got a feel for what we wanted to do while in Nice. She gave us a map and some directions, and was very accommodating. The exterior of the hotel is just beautiful and is covered in vines, and there is a little seating area outside. The rooms are French "Shabby Chic" and were just adorable. Our room, a double located on the first floor, was white and blue etoile. The room was small but clean as was the bathroom. There is A/C, but no lift. I would definitely stay here again. Breakfast is available, but not included in the price. There is a bakery just a short walk away (take a left out of the hotel, and then a left at the first corner--black ratan furniture outside) that serves breakfast, including three breakfast pastries, a baguette, and coffee for 3.8 Euros.

• AlbaniaLover's Profile Photo

Hotel in the Old Town

We stayed for 3 nights at the Villa La Tour in the Old Town of Nice in Jan 2007. From the outside the hotel looked like a very pretty traditional building with tables and seating outside. When we went into the hotel the lady at the reception was very friendly and could speak english if its needed. She showed us where breakfast was served (room next to reception) between 7.30 - 10.30 am. She then showed us the entrance that we should use if we were coming back at night which was a little door next to the main door into the hotel and gave us the code to let ourselves in.
    She then showed us to our room, up some narrow stairs, which had been painted with birds and flowers etc.
    Our room was 208, a pretty room with padded walls covered in a flower print fabric (may sound odd but was very 'pretty'!!). It was two single beds pushed together which i guess was the only downside to the room. The room had plenty of hanging space, a little table and two chairs, hair dryer, tv and a safe depoist box.
    On the table in the room they had left some information about things to do in and around Nice. Also on the table were two little bottles of water charged at 1 euro 20!!!

I think we would stay here again for a cheap break away and would recommend it if you are not looking for something posh!! It was good that from here you are straight into the old town, not far from the beach, close to plenty of cafes, places to eat and supermarkets. Also only a few minutes walk to the bus station so very handy if you want to travel to other towns or the airport.

For 3 nights we paid £100.

Directions: Set in the Old Town near to the bus station.

More about Villa La Tour

Villa La Tour, Loved this Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Dave_D

In late September we stayed only one night, unfortunately, at this great little hotel in Veux Nice and paid 75 Euros. The people were very friendly and the room clean (but very small). Our second floor room faced the street with all it’s colourful views and noises. Breakfast was probably one of the best on our whole trip and included the usual croissants, baguettes, OJ and strong coffee. But we were also offered a choice of cheeses, cold cereals, fruit and even a hard boiled egg! The neighborhood of Veux Nice offered a huge choice of great patio restaurants, shops, wine caves (one facing the hotel) and very interesting architectures. We hoped to stay longer at Villa La Tour but space was unavailable so the owner found us another thoroughly acceptable hotel nearby. Great hotel!

Delightful accomodations in Old Nice

by TripAdvisor Member bobin

I read about Villa La Tour in France magazine and decided to try it for a brief visit to Nice. It far exceeded my expectations. It is a lovely old building with extensive and imaginative renovations and decor. Each room is different (no cookie cutter chain hotel rooms here) well done, and comfortable with ensuite bath facilities. In addition, I found it quite afordable. The staff is quite friendly and helpful. Location is great. It's a little difficult to find first time around, but after that you realize it's a perfect location. You will have to use the stairs (there is no lift), so pack accordingly. Nice breakfast for a few extra Euros. I will return for sure.

A well kept secret!

by TripAdvisor Member Travelling_teacher23

Villa la Tour is a superb little hotel. For those of you who are sick and tired of mass produced hotels, this is for you. Our room was excellent, very clean, comfy, quiet and there is super attention to detail. The welcome was really inviting and nothing is too much trouble for the owners, including information about anything and everything. It is in a great location (10 mins stroll to the beach) and the breakfasts are great. This hotel is a very well kept secret, ignore the 2 stars - whatever that means - this is really really worth a visit. We shall go back for sure.

Loved it!!

by TripAdvisor Member charlocks

My partner and I stayed at the Villa La Tour for several nights in February. The hotel is quite charming, and for the price of 65 Euros it's excellent value for money. We stayed in a cheaper room, opting for a view of old nice, and found the room clean, tidy and well-presented with nice decor. It is located on the edge of Vieux Nice across the road from the bus station, which makes it very handy if you're flying in or out of Nice as this is where the airport bus will drop you off/pick you up. The breakfasts (included in the rate) were simple and nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

loved this hotel

We stayed at Villa La Tour for three nights this past September. After staying at a generic 3-star hotel in Paris, I was dubious about staying in a 2-star hotel. I'm happy to say I was plesantly surprised! The hotel is centrally located in Vieux Nice, steps away from the colorful shops and restaurants. Our room was on the third floor, small but very nicely decorated (no elevator). My husband and I appreciated the air-conditioning because the weather was still quite warm then, even during the night. The bathroom was quite tiny but it had a great hair dryer so I was happy. If you are driving, I would recommend using the parking garage located in the modern art museum across the street. Barbara and her staff made us feel very welcome the entire time. I would love to stay here again in the future.

Super little hotel in Nice

by TripAdvisor Member N.IrelandReg

I don't know which hotel A TripAdvisor Member, Columbus Ohio stayed in but it certainly wasn't the Villa la Tour - it doesn't have six levels and it certainly isn't as bad as he/she makes it out to be. It IS small but clean and comfortable and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We were always greeted with a welcome and a smile and given up to date information about anything happening locally. The hotel may have come under new management which would explain previous criticisms but I saw no sign of filth nor were the towels old and worn and the hotel has been recently re-decorated. Wonderful murals add to its charm. Beds are comfortable, showers and drainage work extremely well - wc's may have been overhauled because they have a high pressure flush (so no problems there). A great hotel and you would be a right "eejit" not to try it out.

Cosy, great location

by TripAdvisor Member brightonalex

This hotel was a real find, right in the centre of old Nice with all of its artist galleries and shops, only 15 minutes walk from the beach.
The staff were wonderful and the food very good; make sure you ask the girl that serves breakfst to show you her gorgeous muffins!
Thoroughly recommended.

Excellent for the Old Town

by TripAdvisor Member malky-moo-moo

The is a small hotel in the old town of Nice. If you are looking for 4-star standards look elsewhere. If you want a good location, with friendly staff, at an excellent price, this is for you. Very convenient if you are arriving by air, the direct bus from the airport takes you to the bus station about 100 yards away.

It suited me, and I would go back, but it would not suit everybody.

Comments