34, boulevard de Cessole, Nice, 06100, France

FlaveurFlaveur

The train on the PromenadeThe train on the Promenade

Help!!!!

by TGatVTA

I will be in Mougins in the last week in March and I will be renting a car; do I need an International Driver's License to drive in France or can my California driver's license do? Should I drive to Monaco? Is parking the pits? What about Nice, is parking horrendous? Are there nice small towns, villages and vineyards in this area that is not too far to drive? Help!!!!

Re: Help!!!!

by Adagio1

You possibly do not need a International licence. Do get one as they are more comfortably recognized by the various highway police you may encounter. If you can make their life easier then they may return the compliment.
I think Nice and Monaco will be difficult to park. To help you a lot just take a GPS with Europe maps and it will offer you parking areas and guide you there.

About 30 kms out of Nice there are some spectacular mountain villages eg Coaraze.
I suggest you Google the various regional tourist offices and see what is attractive to you.

Travel Tips for Nice

Street Entertainers

by NiceLife

Nice plays host to a great variety of street entertainers anywhere that tourists gather. These range from the half dozen Pan Pipes South American musicians every twenty yards along the Prom to wannabe Django Reinharts who hop from cafe to cafe repeating their little repertoire. Its all very good-humoured and not unexpected

My favourite is the "Catman" who is a regular on the Zone Pietone. The crowd is truly enthralled how he has trained two lovely cats to climb and sit on his raised arms, and then catch a ball of cotton wool thrown from the crowd. Its just a little party piece, but I would guess enough to earn the masked man a living.

Dress Code

by JohnniOmani

Nice is a flashy place and nobody would ever question that it is a pricy place. If you want to visit a casion etc then you must look the part. You cant show up at a casion with a dress shirt and jeans because you will be denied immediately. You must wear dress pants and shoes and act the part but if you do it is worth witnessing another life ie the rich life.

Scuba dive from Nice

by allaboutnice

For 37 euros we tried our first scuba dive, a ‘Bapteme’. Children have to be 8 or older. There are two dives a day, 9:00 and 14:30, each trip lasts about three hours.

The cost includes the boat trip past the Cap of Nice towards Villefranche, instruction and all equipment, practise and a half-hour accompanied dive. Our instructor, Richard, went carefully went through all the safety procedures and signals etc until he was confident we knew what to do.

Once ready, but without the tanks and weights, you jump in and practise breathing just below the surface of the sea with regulators and air attached to the boat so there is no chance you can either dive or drift away. When deemed ready, the harness, weights and tank is put on you by the instructor, another practise, then off you go.

The pressure hurt my ears a bit and I found the whole experience a bit unnerving, I had to concentrate hard on keeping relaxed and I never really felt completely comfortable. My instructor held my hand throughout the dive (very romantic - a fishy ‘brief encounter’) and led me around to points of interest – an octopus hiding in a rock, various fish, starfish etc. The chap who dived with my husband didn’t hold HIS hand; he just gripped him by his harness.

I was really pleased I'd had a go at scuba diving but not tempted enough to book a 5-day course which would have been the next step requiring a medical certificate. My daughter chickened out of her deep dive after about five minutes down there but I thought she did very well, considering how scared I felt and she was very nifty with the scuba when practising just below the surface of the sea. I am sure it will be something she will try again another time. She got a certificate at the end of the dive.

The website gives you the full range of diving options, prices, contact, map directions etc. and the office is located on Quai Lunel by the booking office for 'trans cote d’azur' boat trips. Swimsuit and towel are what you are told to bring. I would arrive with your swimwear on, under your clothes, as you get changed on deck in front of everyone.

An underwater camera would have been handy, husband left ours back in UK so in bad books although it would have been easy enough to buy a disposable underwater camera if we had been more organised.

I would also bring suncream, sunglasses and a bottle of water. A comb wouldn't go amiss afterwards when you are drying and changing. A beach bag to stash your clothes.

Le Parc Chambrun is situated...

by Elainehead

Le Parc Chambrun is situated in the residential area of Saint-Maurice, north of Nice, surrounded by some streets named after famous poets from the 19th century. No wonder there's this beautiful monument called 'temple de l'amour' in the middle of the park. Very romantic, isn't it?

Emo / Goth / Metal / Alternative

by ange_famine about SMART

Alternative clothing shop, mainly for emos, but metal people and goth
girls will be able to find accessories and sometimes acceptable skirst and dresses. Look for the shoes, as they have a very large selection of New Rock and Doc Marten boots. They also stock some converse and gothic lolita-style shoes.
You can buy jackets, skirts (used to be Laughing Vampire, now more like imitation Lip Service) trousers, bags... Expensive, even during the sales, but at least, contrary to the Internet, you can try the clothes on

Comments