Le Mas d'Artigny

Route de la Colle, St-Paul-de-Vence, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, 06570, France
Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 40% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Saint-Paul

Giacometti self sculptureGiacometti self sculpture

More Buildings in Saint Paul!!!More Buildings in Saint Paul!!!

Galleries, Galleries, Galore!!!Galleries, Galleries, Galore!!!

A view of Saint PaulA view of Saint Paul

Travel Tips for Saint-Paul

Too Cute!

by kmorlo16

We took a bus from Nice to St. Paul de Vence and the bus fare was really cheap. I just loved this little walled village. This place has to be one of the cutest places I have ever visited. I loved walking the narrow cobblestone streets and browsing (OK sometimes shopping) in all of the shops and galleries. We were there off season in February, so we did not have to deal with crowds or tour buses. I think this village is an absolute must if you are visiting the Riviera.

Flowers everywhere - Une ville en fleur

by Maillekeul

Though it first looks like a medieval city, St Paul is really green, thanks to the inhabitants' wish to display splendid flowers, trees or some lush foliage...

Bien qu'elle apparaisse au premier regard comme une ville medievale, St Paul est tres verte, grace au souhait des habitants d'amenager idealement des fleurs superbes, des arbres et de la vegetation grimpante (les bougainvilliers, notamment)...

Photo Opportunities

by vivalasteph

I carry my camera with me everyday. You never know what you'll come across, from reflection in a window, to a shadow on the grass.

A village like Saint-Paul is nothing but eye candy for anyone who loves history and architecture, and has plenty of film. There are so many little streets and archways, nooks and crannies, just waiting to be captured!

Being in Saint-Paul in the off-season was perfect. Not many tourists, so we had many of the streets and courtyards to ourselves. I made a right off the Rue de la Tour and found this archway. I waited patiently as a family came toward me, wrangling their two children along, and finally they turned off the path ahead. I'm aimed and ready, about to click, when Sabine suddenly appears from the street on the right, looking away, looking up, looking everywhere but not noticing me under the arch. she finally turns and jumps, while I'm still holding my camera. She walked back up on the right, I snapped this pic, then we had a good laugh and moved on.

Narrow streets

by Huks

Like other medieval places there were not very wide streets but very much narrow small streets. Streets very often go down then up because of relief of this place.
It is interesting simply walking along these streets.

Upstairs

by vivalasteph

I always choose a "where I want to live" spot wherever I go. In Saint-Paul, I chose a street, or rather a stretch of stairs - Montee de l'Eglise.

Running from the Bastion St.-Remy to the Eglise Collegiale, it is steep, dotted with flowerpots and little doorways, and home to some lucky people.

This is the view looking north.

Comments