Hotel l'Amandiere

Avenue Theodore Aubanel, dite Plaisance du Touch, St-Rémy-de-Provence, 13210, France

Booking.com Tingo.com Priceline.com

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Hotel on the edge of town

My two criteria for booking hotels on this trip were free wifi and free parking and the Hotel l'Amandiere had both. From the way we arrived, the hotel was signposted quite well and we had no trouble finding it. It was a 10-15 minute walk into town, I don't know that I'd want to be wandering around on my own in the dark but it didn't bother me with the two of us.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a pool which I'm guessing is a real plus in the tourist heavy months of July and August. It was warm enough to swim while we were there, we just weren't there during the day,

More about Saint-Rémy-de-Provence

Selecting Fruits and VegetablesSelecting Fruits and Vegetables

The birthplace of NostradamosThe birthplace of Nostradamos

Roman ruins at GlanumRoman ruins at Glanum

Pretty waterway on the groundsPretty waterway on the grounds

Travel Tips for Saint-Rémy-de-Provence

Crafting Creche Figures

by VeronicaG

Sr. Remy has a custom that would add a special touch to anyone's Christmas season, the art of making creche figures or carved wooden santons.

As we made our way up the street, we came to this shop window stacked with these miniatures. All the small details added up to big appeal! People with tiny little hands and feet, angels with cherubic faces and other typical figures such as farm animals: sheep, pigs, horses.

This tradition is well known, so the visitor searching for this type of craft knows exactly where to find it. I didn't note the street, but I'm sure anyone from town can direct you there.

Saint Rémy de Provence

by ncoutroulis

Saint Rémy is like a quintasential Provencial town. It is quiet, but beautiful. It has great food. Great markets. And great wine. I spent 4 nights here, and could have stayed longer. There is so much do do in it's environs, that you could easily base yourself here, and explore.

"FOOD"

The best food and wine, from the freshest ingredients.

Comments