La Villa Glanum

Villa Glanum Hotel
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about La Villa Glanum

Recommended base to see the Luberon area

by vanandalan

Hi

My partner and I will be spending a week in Provence in mid July and will be concentrating on the Luberon area. Our aim is to explore the lavender fields, visit some markets, see some hilltop towns and eat good food.

We are currently planning to visit Avignon, L'Isle-Sur-la-Sorge, St. Remy, Gordes, and wherever the lavenders are.

Can anyone suggest a good base town where we can stay and any B&B/farmhouse recommendations? We don't want to spend more than 100 euros a night. We'd love to stay on a farm and do a cooking class one night if there are any. Or a small friendly B&B would be nice. I don't want to stay in a large town like Avignon and would prefer a smaller town which we can drive in and out of easily.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Re: Recommended base to see the Luberon area

by Kakapo2

I have stayed at different places in St. Rémy several times, and love it there. Many hotels are well under your 100 Euro mark, and have swimming pools.

Check out the tourist website:

A great place is Villa Glanum:

But you can get rooms in other nice hotels (like L'Armandière) for a lot less, about 60 Euro.

There was another fantastic place I stayed at and I cannot remember the name, and my box with all that info got lost between shipping container, transport company and house... And I cannot find it on the tourist website. Have tried it earlier already... Anyway, the other places are also great.

If you want to stay at a higher priced but absolutely spectacular place look 8 kilometres further south in Les Baux (de Provence). The village is situated on a rock, it is breathtaking.

More info here:

They also have B&B (chambres d'hôtes), so you could still find something affordable. For very rural accommodation look for gites ruraux.

Comments