Sous les Figuiers

3, avenue Saint-Ren�© Taillandier, Saint-Remy-de
Hotel Sous les Figuiers
Booking.com Priceline.com Hotels.com

More about Sous les Figuiers

My birthday in Provence and the Cote d'Azur!

by samoca

"Two weeks in Provence to celebrate my birthday!"

I'll add to this later when I have time. Places we went--2 days in Nice, 3 days in Aix-en-Provence (with a side trip on my birthday to the coast--La Ciotat, the route des Cretes, and Cassis (where I had my birthday dinner) . We loved the Paul Cezanne Hotel in Aix and got a very good deal because it was low season. We then spent 4 days based in St. Remy de Provence (my favorite place on the whole trip --a perfect village--we loved Sous Les Figuiers where we stayed) . From St. Remy we toured the area including Les Baux de Provence, Isle sur la Sorgue, Gordes, Roussillion, La Cathedral d'Image (outside Les Baux and a MUST SEE light and sound show that is unique anywhere), Arles, and then in Languedoc, the city of Montpellier with a one-day trip to Carcassonne farther west (too touristy), and then back across the country on the autoroute to St. Paul de Vence (a charming and elegant village just outside Nice) for our last day and a half. Wonderful trip--some very cold weather at the beginning and some absolutely beautiful 70+ degree weather on our last few days. I'll add some photos later.

Comments