La Palunette

Route d'Arles aux Saintes Maries de la mer, Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, 13460, France
#3 of 24 hotels in Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer

Spincat's Profile Photo

complete relaxation

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 13, 2013

I have always wanted to visit the Camargue but had the feeling it wouldn't be quite as I imagined it. I went at the time of the gypsy Pelerinage when Saintes Maries de la Mer was hot and frantic. The hotel is a short step out of town and has a view over a lagoon that comes complete with flamingos and a white horse. The surroundings were lovely - just as I had imagined the Camargue as a child.

The rooms are a row of chalets (for want of a better term) built in traditional style, with an exceptionally comfortable bed, large glass doors onto the secluded patio and a really good shower - all very clean and cool and smart. I could have chilled out here for weeks looking at the wildlife (including the hotel's friendly dogs) and the sunset.

The public rooms and swimming pool are very attractive - we didn't have time to eat in the hotel so I can't comment on the food. We spent most of the time at the festival so it was good to have somewhere quiet to return to to relax and recover. The very charming and friendly proprietors really make the hotel - the cliche 'nothing is too much trouble' comes true here.

Unique Quality: Uniquely charming, created with love, good taste and a lot of care.

Nearby La Palunette

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer Travel Forum

Need advice about Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer and ask our Answer Gurus.