Ibis Thalassa Hyeres Plage

Herbs of Cote d'AzurHerbs of Cote d'Azur

ingredients 2ingredients 2

From Toulon to Castellet

by mannelyons

We shall be in Toulon for just one day in July 2008 . If it is possible, we would like to go by public transport to Castellet. Can anyone please help us?
THanks,
Mannelyons

by Maryimelda

I have searched high and low and for the life of me, I can't seem to find any public transport from Toulon to Le Castellet. The distance is about 23 kms. I don't know how badly you want to go there or how much you want to spend, but you would probably have to rent a car or take a taxi. That is of course, unless someone who has some first hand knowledge can suggest a bus. I am quite certain that there is no train to Le Castellet. Maybe you could email VT member ExParisian, always a good source of info in that part of the world. Good luck, it seems like a wonderful little village to visit.

by Kakapo2

On the right side of this website:

you can see that there is a railway station of the TGV from Toulon, so it should be possible to get to Le Castellet by this means of transportation.

If you go to the race course Paul Ricard and there is a race there should almost certainly be shuttle services.

They write the distance is 22 km.

by Paris92

This website is wonderful (thanks for posting that, Kakapo2), but I think what they mean is that the nearest station is in Toulon, not that there is a train from Toulon to Castellet. I stayed in Toulon for a while and I don't remember the train going from town to Castellet, but I just might not be remembering correctly. Castellet is so beautiful and so fun, that I would consider renting a car for a day to see it--it's well, well worth it. And do NOT miss this crepe restaurant--it's not only good, but it's just beautiful whether you stay inside or out.

Le Roy d'Ys
2, Place de la Fontaine , 83330 Le Castellet
Tel : 04 94 32 61 51 - Fax : 04 94 32 73 54

I'm so jealous that you are going there! Castellet is one of my favorite places in France!!! Have a great time!
C

by Kakapo2

You are absolutely right!

They mean that the TGV train station in Toulon is the closest one - oh dear!

So the website is nice - but not really of big help :-(

by katap

by katap

I don't speak very well but I try. You have a bus for "le Castellet" You can take it at the bus station near the train station . But they are not many . It's the "Bus blanc" compagny. These buses go at Marseille or Aix en Provence and he stop many times. I think it's not very interresting . I live near Toulon if you have problem, I can help you

Travel Tips for Toulon

Porquerolles : is the biggest...

by 10eke

Porquerolles : is the biggest of the three islands of Or in the Hyères gulf. Seven km long and 3km wide.

Warning:Cars are strictly limited on Porquerolles. The quickest way to travel is to rent a bike. Walking is also an option :-)

Location A 20-minute ferry ride across the bay