Le Jaures

50 Rue Jean Jaures, Toulon, 83000, France
Hotel Jaures
Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Toulon

A group of friends and the local bartenderA group of friends and the local bartender

biscuitsbiscuits

Travel Tips for Toulon

Toulon - the sailing city

by Andreaska

don't know much about this town, spent some 4 or 5 days sailing with friends who had given me a ride to this city from Venice (Italy);
They told me it is the seconed biggest military port in Franc (after Brest) and really there were some boats in the harbour...
I stayed at my friends house 2 nights so I can't give you any recommendations on lodging or restaurants, but I can tell you that the city is not too special, just the area around the port is nice and I liked the part of the town where my friends have their house: it is a bit outside Toulon on a hill and has a grand view over the city, the port and the sea ...

some of the pictures I have put below are stolen from a website on toulon (http://www.provenceweb.fr/f/var/toulon/toulon.htm). I only took places that I remember I have seen myself, so if you want to see more go to that site, it's really good, nice photos and good information on the whole of the provence.

for some impressions of my first time sailing experience (which really got me hooked on that wonderful kind of pastime, if it wasn't so expensive I would do it all the time) have a look at the travelogue!

Comments