New Hotel Amiraute

Priceline.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Toulon

Swiming Pool On the HillSwiming Pool On the Hill

the first mixedthe first mixed

Travel Tips for Toulon

From my point of view is a...

by Sergioalc

From my point of view is a good place to visit just for a week-end and visiting the sourrounding coast villages. If you like sun and sand go by boat to 'Les Sablettes' beach.
It's a really windy place!!!

AHOY !!

by Andreaska

"Part I"

I had just left Austria the day before and hitchhiked to Venice (Italy); there I was at a highway gas station, already a bit tired from asking people to give me a ride, it seemed to be one of those days where things don't run so smoothly; well I told myself I have a lot of time, no need to rush, Spain can wait etc etc.
when I saw the small car with two friendly looking young guys inside, I knew that this was the kind of people that would give you a ride under any circumstances: and they would have given me a ride, only when they looked at the backseats of their car they found it was impossible, so they told me they were sorry and I went back to sit down beside my big backbag and wait for another chance;
I had not been sitting there for 5 minutes, when the two (French) guys came up to me and told me: it IS possible to take me with them, I looked at them, I looked at their car. they really had done it, somehow they had pushed their bags together so there was enough space for me and my backpack;
the ride to toulon took us about 6 hours or so, I don't remember the time we left, nor when we arrived, it all went by very quickly; I was lucky the two of them spoke English very well, because my French is almost zero. they told me they were in the French navy working on ships most of the time, sailing all around the world; Amaury then asked me whether I would like to spend some days with them at their home in Toulon; now I remember that I didn't say yes right away but told them I would think about it. what a stupid guy, you just have to say yes, yes, yes, if you are on a travel and someone invites you to his home, that is, if it is someone who you feel you could enjoy being with; and I really had a great time with them.
the next morning friends of Amaury and Hugues (those two had brought me in their car to Toulon) arrived: Francoise, a colleague of them, Veronique, Amelie, Claire, all friends from Paris. we were barbecuing, chatting and they were talking about what to buy for the sailing tour they had planned for that weekend. when Amaury asked me if I would like to come with them, they would have space enough on the boat and it would be fine for them ... again I first thought: what will that be like? 3 French guys, 4 French girls (all of them mentioned above plus Elaine, one of Francoise' sisters) on a boat for four days, and me an Austrian with virtually no French, ...
well, if I had said no I would have missed one of the best times in my life:
sailing is heaven, the sea is paradise, and my French friends were the best company possible to share all this;
"up the sail", "down the sail", "a bit more right, yes, no, that's good", I didn't learn too much about sailing but they tried to explain me some basics and it was great fun, ah I think the photos speak for themselves

"Sailing Part II"

"all the photos below were shot by Amaury"

poor Amelie, a sailing tour can be horror if the stomach decides so

three drinks - three girls from Paris

the whole gang, except me and Amaury

Comments